News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,342 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 05, 2009, 07:11:43 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 04, 2009, 09:09:35 PM
Rick Morrissey is leaving the Trib for the Sun-Times.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towerticker/2009/12/sports-columnist-rick-morrissey-is-leaving-the-chicago-tribune-for-the-rival-chicago-sun-times-the-tribunes-sports-staff-was.html

NEWSPAPER WAR!

I can only assume that Morrissey and Telander will team up to write a weekly feature called "Rick and Rick tell you what's wrong with goddamned kids these days and get the hell off our lawns!"

YoMorrissey's so delusional that he probably sees himself as Royko, sitting piss drunk at the Billy Goat, smirking to Roger Ebert after he had made his "dead fish" comment, only Rick's high on 7 Coors Lights in his basement, and instead of Roger Ebert he's got a cardboard-cutout of Dave Kaplan in the place where his wife used to sit.

I LOL'd.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2009, 09:55:02 AM

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towerticker/2009/12/sports-columnist-rick-morrissey-is-leaving-the-chicago-tribune-for-the-rival-chicago-sun-times-the-tribunes-sports-staff-was.html

NEWSPAPER WAR!

I can only assume that Morrissey and Telander will team up to write a weekly feature called "Rick and Rick tell you what's wrong with goddamned kids these days and get the hell off our lawns!"

YoMorrissey's so delusional that he probably sees himself as Royko, sitting piss drunk at the Billy Goat, smirking to Roger Ebert after he had made his "dead fish" comment, only Rick's high on 7 Coors Lights in his basement, and instead of Roger Ebert he's got a cardboard-cutout of Dave Kaplan in the place where his wife used to sit.

I LOL'd.

Thanks.

Don't know what that "Yo" was at the beginning, though.  I feel like such a Morrissey now.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: December 06, 2009, 08:23:32 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 05, 2009, 04:51:13 PM

NEWSPAPER WAR!

I LOL'd.

Thanks.

Don't know what that "Yo" was at the beginning, though.  I feel like such a Morrissey now.

I just assumed you were drunk at 7AM on a Saturday.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 06, 2009, 08:23:32 AM
Quote from: MAD on December 05, 2009, 04:51:13 PM

NEWSPAPER WAR!

I LOL'd.

Thanks.

I just assumed you were drunk at 7AM on a Saturday.

I thought you were comparing him to Yo Yo Ma. Or something. That wasn't the part I Lol'd at.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
Remember that podcast Kermit and I did that you all hated so much?  We even had Chuck on as a guest one time.

WGN Radio thought it was so bad that the three of us are going to be on SportsCentral tomorrow night starting at 7 with our bestest buddy Kap.

That sound you'll hear at about 7:10 (assuming the show actually starts at 7:09) is the sound of radios being turned off all over middle America.

He's threatened to have us on for the full first hour, so you've been warned.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »
Quote from: Andy on December 14, 2009, 09:47:57 AM
Remember that podcast Kermit and I did that you all hated so much?  We even had Chuck on as a guest one time.

WGN Radio thought it was so bad that the three of us are going to be on SportsCentral tomorrow night starting at 7 with our bestest buddy Kap.

That sound you'll hear at about 7:10 (assuming the show actually starts at 7:09) is the sound of radios being turned off all over middle America.

Holy shit.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 14, 2009, 10:03:28 AM

Holy shit.

Fringe losers.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2009, 10:11:54 AM »
He's doing a roundtable on fading blog stars.  Chuck and Kerm are coming along to confirm that I qualify.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »

Just great, now I'm going to have to actually tune in to that piece of shit program.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:40 AM »
You guys gonna be in studio?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:27 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 14, 2009, 10:12:40 AM

With Lou Malnati's pizza available to us, I'm told.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: December 14, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 14, 2009, 10:24:27 AM
Quote from: MAD on December 14, 2009, 10:12:40 AM

With Lou Malnati's pizza available to us, I'm told.

If Kerm doesn't color his own face orange with a marker before going in, I will be highly disappointed.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: December 14, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »
Will you be taking phone calls?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: December 14, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 14, 2009, 10:37:38 AM
Will you be taking phone calls?

Oh, I hope not...[/Jose Jimemez]

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: December 14, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 14, 2009, 10:37:38 AM