News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,294 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »
Quote from: MAD on December 14, 2009, 03:03:12 PM
DPD.  I'm calling dibs on asking Chuck about bringing back Corey Patterson for centerfield if I get through.

I'd rather have Jerry White.

Quote from: flannj on December 14, 2009, 03:23:29 PM
Well then I get to ask about bringing Gracie in as an assistant coach when Ryno is given the manager job next year.

Does it keep him off the radio and TV?  If so, I'm all for it.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 14, 2009, 03:24:49 PM
DPD.  I'm calling dibs on asking Chuck about bringing back Corey Patterson for centerfield if I get through.

Well then I get to ask about bringing Gracie in as an assistant coach when Ryno is given the manager job next year.

You should have saved that for the show.  Now if use those lines you'll be dead to us.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »
KAPLAN: Bill from Norridge, you're on SportsCentral with Andy Dolan, IvyChat Chuck and Bad Kermit.
BILL: (muffled voice) uh, yeah, Hi, Dave. Been listening to your show for a long time.
KAPLAN: Thanks, Bill.
BILL: Heck, I've been listening to it since Chuck was hosting the show.
KAPLAN: Eh?
BILL: Yeah, Chuck. That's the Chuck, right? Used to host the show. Anyway, I'm a long time Cubs fan. Been a Cub fan ever since the days of Andy Pafko and Peanuts Lowry and Hank Sauer and I had a question for the Frog.
KAPLAN: Bad Kermit, I guess this one's for you.
KERMIT: How's it going, Bill?
BILL: Who is Jim Essian? Is he the guy you wanted the Tribune to hire instead of Ricketts to be owner?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »
I was told by a beat writer when Kap had his meltdown this summer that eventually Kap would try to have me on his show.  That it wouldn't be a trap, but rather "Hey, we're pals!  You wouldn't make fun of your pals!" kind of thing.

And I immediately thought of that when Kap e-mailed a couple of weeks ago to try to set this up.  He asked me for the names of bloggers I thought might want to be on a panel and I suggested Kermit and Chuck, figuring that Kap would be soliciting ideas from other bloggers, too.  In fact, Kermit was pissed when I told him I'd given him Chuck's name because he figured it meant it would be just me and Chuck, or me and Chuck and Yellon.  But a couple days later, Kap e-mailed me back asking when the three of us could do it.  Tuesday was the first night we all had free at the same time and so we're on.

It's unclear whether they save every show as a podcast, or just select ones, but I can't wait to have you guys tormenting us for years with a clip of one of us getting something completely wrong.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 14, 2009, 03:47:38 PM
It's unclear whether they save every show as a podcast, or just select ones, but I can't wait to have you guys tormenting us for years with a clip of one of us getting something completely wrong.

I assume, the three of you being literally made of internets, someone will have a computer around during the broadcast.

If so, I bet you could follow this thread and the shoutbox*, where we would be perfectly happy to let you guys know just how much you suck in real time.

* PM me for the url if you're interested, Kermit
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »
Quote from: MAD on December 14, 2009, 03:26:32 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 14, 2009, 03:24:49 PM

You should have saved that for the show.  Now if use those lines you'll be dead to us.

Like I'm not already.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2009, 04:18:25 PM »
I'm just looking forward to calling in and asking Kermit when the HJE move to Chicago Now is going to be finalized.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: December 14, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »
KAPLAN: Welcome back to SportsCentral with Andy Dolan of Desipio, Bad Kermit of Hire Jim Essian, and IvyChat Chuck. By the way, folks, IvyChat Chuck is NOT Chuck Swirsky, but his cousin's next door neighbor dated Chuck's best friend back in 1983. Anyway, phone lines are open, 312-591-7200 is our telephone number in case you have questions for three of the most cutting-edge voices on the Cubs today. We have a call. Paul, from Hobart, you're on with Andy, Bad Kermit and Chuck...

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 14, 2009, 04:22:14 PM
KAPLAN: Welcome back to SportsCentral with Andy Dolan of Desipio, Bad Kermit of Hire Jim Essian, and IvyChat Chuck. By the way, folks, IvyChat Chuck is NOT Chuck Swirsky, but his cousin's next door neighbor dated Chuck's best friend back in 1983. Anyway, phone lines are open, 312-591-7200 is our telephone number in case you have questions for three of the most cutting-edge voices on the Cubs today. We have a call. Paul, from Hobart, you're on with Andy, Bad Kermit and Chuck...

No Caloszno1fan?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: December 14, 2009, 05:01:44 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 14, 2009, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 14, 2009, 01:47:07 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 14, 2009, 01:45:44 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 14, 2009, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 14, 2009, 01:26:12 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 14, 2009, 01:20:06 PM
Kap is already promoting it, and Andy's the headliner.

Quote**Please note that on Tuesday evening we will have a Cubs round table discussion with some of the top bloggers in the Cubs world including Andy Dolan of Desipio.com. This should be an interesting show with three bloggers who have a tremendous passion for the Cubs. distaste for my rampant stupidity.

Edgy'd

I am sort of interested what brought about this triple invitation.

I've noticed that after a few responses from Dolan that Kaplan seems to try to play the insults and differing opinions into some kind of a friendly, professional rivalry. Hey, look what a great sport I am! I'll have these guys on my show because I'm bigger than they are.

I wonder if it's a trap and his legion of dumbass followers will make the Unholy Triumverate look as bad as possible with constant cutting off and possible fart noises.

I guess that's why we need to tune in.

WGN streams this shit online?

Of course they do.  But no one listens to it, since people over 70 usually don't use the internet.

Yeah.  I tried using it once to scoop the goldfish out so that I could clean their bowl.  It didn't work.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: December 14, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 14, 2009, 09:47:57 AM
Remember that podcast Kermit and I did that you all hated so much?  We even had Chuck on as a guest one time.

WGN Radio thought it was so bad that the three of us are going to be on SportsCentral tomorrow night starting at 7 with our bestest buddy Kap.

That sound you'll hear at about 7:10 (assuming the show actually starts at 7:09) is the sound of radios being turned off all over middle America.

He's threatened to have us on for the full first hour, so you've been warned.

Which means that I will have to leave work early, and miss Keith Olberman.  Two hour difference here on the Left Coast.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: December 14, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »
Olberman is on again at 10PM PST.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: December 14, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 14, 2009, 05:07:35 PM
Olberman is on again at 10PM PST.

Which is 2 hours after Stew's bedtime.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.