News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,445 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #585 on: January 13, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 13, 2010, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: MAD on January 13, 2010, 03:50:04 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 13, 2010, 03:11:42 PM
Quote from: MAD on January 13, 2010, 02:52:50 PM
Chuck--

Why do you always insist on spelling his name with a "U"?

Is it with an "e"?  Interesting.  Then again, it's not like I see his name in chyron all the time.

Is this some jew thing?

It's a TV thing.

Any further questions should be addressed to Alvin Yellon.

He's in TV.

Ah, yes.  But Jews RUN the media!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »
Chuck--

Is it with an "e"?  Interesting.  Then again, it's not like I see his name in chyron all the time.

Is this some jew thing?

It's a TV thing.

He's in TV.

I'll believe that when I see him wearing a headdress on a test pattern.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 14, 2010, 10:15:46 AM
Chuck--

Is this some jew thing?

It's a TV thing.

He's in TV.

Wow. Is this a reference to something awesome or something awesome you just made up? Either way, I need a hug.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2010, 11:06:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 14, 2010, 10:47:11 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on January 14, 2010, 10:15:46 AM
Chuck--

Is this some jew thing?

It's a TV thing.

He's in TV.

Wow. Is this a reference to something awesome or something awesome you just made up? Either way, I need a hug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Head_test_card
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »
Another award for someone that's definitely listenable...

Chicago Cubs play-by-play announcer Pat Hughes has been named the 2009 Illinois Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. This is Hughes' eighth Sportscaster of the Year honor and his fifth in Illinois, having previously won the award in 1996, 1999, 2006 and 2007.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: January 15, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »
This is not totally unlistenable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRALJyv86eY&feature=related

Chip could learn a thing or two from young Al Michaels...

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: January 18, 2010, 08:26:35 AM »
The NBC crew that does the NHL is all sorts of awful (OK, the play by play guy wasn't terrible).

The little bald dude can eat a bag of dicks, after he kept on about how uneven the fight between Versteeg and Eaves was, because, even though they have about the same experience in the NHL of not fighting, Versteeg played in the Canadian Juniors, where fighting is allowed, while Eaves played in the NCAA, where it is not.  Yeah, good luck following that logic.  never mind about all the irrelevant crap he kept spewing when he got to stand between the benches.  I was hoping that The Wings and Hawks would find some common ground and just pummel that weasel at the same time.

Also, has Roenick been that big of a douchebag his whole life?  And, who the fuck would ever let Mulberry near a head coaching job?  It was so much fun listening to those two talk all over each other.  It was like watching two amateur broadcasters do some sort of a podcast or something.  I'm not sure "awful" does them justice.

But the game was awesome.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: January 18, 2010, 08:35:44 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 18, 2010, 08:26:35 AM
The little bald dude can eat a bag of dicks

Pierre McGuire's uncanny resemblance to a penis renews my faith in the lost art of physiognomy.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: January 18, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 18, 2010, 08:26:35 AM
The NBC crew that does the NHL is all sorts of awful (OK, the play by play guy wasn't terrible).

The little bald dude can eat a bag of dicks, after he kept on about how uneven the fight between Versteeg and Eaves was, because, even though they have about the same experience in the NHL of not fighting, Versteeg played in the Canadian Juniors, where fighting is allowed, while Eaves played in the NCAA, where it is not.  Yeah, good luck following that logic.  never mind about all the irrelevant crap he kept spewing when he got to stand between the benches.  I was hoping that The Wings and Hawks would find some common ground and just pummel that weasel at the same time.

Also, has Roenick been that big of a douchebag his whole life?  And, who the fuck would ever let Mulberry near a head coaching job?  It was so much fun listening to those two talk all over each other.  It was like watching two amateur broadcasters do some sort of a podcast or something.  I'm not sure "awful" does them justice.

But the game was awesome.

What the fuck was Milbury's rant about "European soccer players"?

In the "unwatchable" category was having the camera on the little bald guy (Pierre McGuire, aka Douche Canoe) so he could talk about how great the Hawks goalie was, as a goal was being scored on said goalie. Out-fucking-standing.

And, yes, Roenick has been that big a douchebag his whole life.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:07 AM »
I was driving home from my in-laws during the game, and just want to reiterate how great John Wiedeman and Troy Murray are.

Murray actually analyzes the game without insulting your intelligence (or leaning on 8 or 9 catchphrases as crutches).

And Wiedeman is just damn good.  I thought the poor guy was going to pass out while calling the overtime period, but he managed to keep up.  Great stuff.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: January 18, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
The NBC coverage of the NHL is absolutely brutal.

Milbury's a moran, McGuire is useless, and there was no point in having Roenick on. The only thing positive I can say about NBC is at least they didn't manage to somehow work Tom Hammond into the broadcast.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: January 18, 2010, 08:56:43 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 18, 2010, 08:48:07 AM
I was driving home from my in-laws during the game, and just want to reiterate how great John Wiedeman and Troy Murray are.

Murray actually analyzes the game without insulting your intelligence (or leaning on 8 or 9 catchphrases as crutches).

And Wiedeman is just damn good.  I thought the poor guy was going to pass out while calling the overtime period, but he managed to keep up.  Great stuff.

We are lucky to have two excellent pbp guys.

As for Pierre McGuire, did anyone hear him bitching about the American team when Edzo told him he can head 5 miles north permanently?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: January 18, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »

Same thing with Emrick on TV. Edzo was at least smart enough to keep his piehole shut.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 18, 2010, 08:56:43 AM

We are lucky to have two excellent pbp guys.

As for Pierre McGuire, did anyone hear him bitching about the American team when Edzo told him he can head 5 miles north permanently?

The best part of either intermission was when Roenick said something about being awesome and Milbury said humility was never his strong suit (or somehting like that),  I thought Roenick was going to punch right there and then.

Also, I understand that Chris Drury isn't that good any more, but did he run over Roenick's dog or something?  Or, is Oshie just nice enough to wipe down Roenick's cock after he finishes him off?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »

I can't understand a thing he's shrieking about when I hear a game.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!