News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,357 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #645 on: February 05, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 05, 2010, 09:19:29 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 05, 2010, 08:38:25 AM
When I look back on the BLOGWAR or 2010, I think I'll remember this quote first and foremost:

QuoteI do know that making jokes about making a blog out of my skin is coming dangerously close to crossing a legal line.

I need to know the history behind this one because that is incredible.

Mystery solved.

Apparently yesterday afternoon, some four hours before that post, Huey suggested in the shoutbox that Kermit "should be more TOPICAL with his humor," offering as an example: "Why don't they make the WHOLE airplane BLOG from the black box Julie's skin?"

From this, amazingness was born.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #646 on: February 05, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
Perhaps skin was a poor choice of words, evoking Hannibal Lecter-like awfulness, but it wasn't my intent, counsellor.  I meant nothing mean or malicious by it.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #647 on: February 05, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 05, 2010, 12:15:05 PM
Perhaps skin was a poor choice of words, evoking Hannibal Lecter-like awfulness, but it wasn't my intent, counsellor.  I meant nothing mean or malicious by it.

If by poor you mean hilarious, then yes. Poor.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #648 on: February 05, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 05, 2010, 12:15:05 PM
Perhaps skin was a poor choice of words, evoking Hannibal Lecter-like awfulness, but it wasn't my intent, counsellor.  I meant nothing mean or malicious by it.

For Julie. From Huey.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #649 on: February 17, 2010, 07:20:10 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 01, 2010, 03:37:55 PM
Monsters and Money begins an era that will surely outlast Chad Hutchinson's days as starting Bears quarterback.

Well, this seems to be working out well.

Quote from: FederThey said it would take months if not longer to gauge whether WBBM-Channel 2's new morning show would be more successful than its lackluster predecessor. But I don't remember anyone at the CBS-owned station predicting that "Monsters and Money in the Morning" would actually lose viewers in the process.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #650 on: February 18, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »
Yeti, you fucking narc.

QuoteTo this day, Milton Bradley is still being written about on a regular basis.  It's not just Paul Sullivan either.  I think it was Yeti who quoted Bruce Miles in the comments a couple days ago taking a childish shot at Milton Bradley.  Rather than being professionals, these guys have sunk to levels that even I thought was impossible.

Note:  No, I don't read that site, but I do have a Google search for "Bruce Miles" in my feed reader, because the Daily Herald didn't used to have an RSS feed.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #651 on: February 18, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 18, 2010, 12:36:56 PM
Yeti, you fucking narc.

QuoteTo this day, Milton Bradley is still being written about on a regular basis.  It's not just Paul Sullivan either.  I think it was Yeti who quoted Bruce Miles in the comments a couple days ago taking a childish shot at Milton Bradley.  Rather than being professionals, these guys have sunk to levels that even I thought was impossible.

Note:  No, I don't read that site, but I do have a Google search for "Bruce Miles" in my feed reader, because the Daily Herald didn't used to have an RSS feed.

I was actually making a sarcastic comment about that. It was more to say they don't call out others besides Paul Sullivan. I think what Bruce said was pretty minimal..

Quote. Now, if only another former Texas outfielder had tried to have that much fun last year…oh never mind.

I didn't actually think he'd take the time to call Bruce out about that. sigh.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #652 on: February 18, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 18, 2010, 12:44:45 PM
Yeti, you fucking narc.

I was actually making a sarcastic comment about that. It was more to say they don't call out others besides Paul Sullivan. I think what Bruce said was pretty minimal..

Quote. Now, if only another former Texas outfielder had tried to have that much fun last year...oh never mind.

Yeah, normally those guys have a pretty good sense of humor about everything.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #653 on: February 18, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 18, 2010, 12:47:19 PM
Yeti, you fucking narc.

Quote. Now, if only another former Texas outfielder had tried to have that much fun last year...oh never mind.

I guess I should check to see if they have a green font on that commenting system.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 18, 2010, 12:48:53 PM
Yeti, you fucking narc.

I guess I should check to see if they have a green font on that commenting system.

Traitor.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 18, 2010, 12:48:53 PM
Yeti, you fucking narc.

You should check to see if they have a website somewhere that doesn't suck.

[ **highfive** ]
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #656 on: February 18, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
Goddamnit, Yeti. Have you learned NOTHING?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

You didn't think that Maddog would go off on a rant because someone had the temerity to insinuate his favorite player is a tad goofy?

Do you read what that schmuck writes?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 18, 2010, 01:55:00 PM

You didn't think that Maddog would go off on a rant because someone had the temerity to insinuate his favorite player is a tad goofy?

Lately, no. I was interested in all the projections for about a week, and then I got tired of it. I'll read through the comments, make some dick jokes, and be done. I'm more interested about the in season stuff.

As far as the Sullivan thing, that was more Mercurial Outfielder's thing. He started the series on it..

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 18, 2010, 02:35:13 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 18, 2010, 01:55:00 PM

Lately, no. I was interested in all the projections for about a week, and then I got tired of it. I'll read through the comments, make some dick jokes, and be done. I'm more interested about the in season stuff.

As far as the Sullivan thing, that was more Mercurial Outfielder's thing. He started the series on it..

The fact that you have learned these people's names means you are dead to me.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche