News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,345 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #690 on: March 22, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 22, 2010, 10:35:58 PM
Does anyone have a recording of this?  I think I need a recap.

Spoiler: Chuck is rooting for the Cubs to suck and takes exception to the length of Soriano's contract.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #691 on: March 22, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 22, 2010, 10:47:15 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 22, 2010, 10:35:58 PM
Does anyone have a recording of this?  I think I need a recap.

Spoiler: Chuck is rooting for the Cubs to suck and takes exception to the length of Soriano's contract.

Spoiler 2: Kaplan doesn't give a shit who's in the 25th roster spot. It could be Fork for all he apparently cares.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #692 on: March 22, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
I'd rather have Fork coming off the bench as a pinch hitter than Kevin Fucking Millar.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #693 on: March 22, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 22, 2010, 11:41:59 PM
I'd rather have Fork coming off the bench as a pinch hitter than Kevin Fucking Millar.

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure Fork was a part of the softball team that got Perfect Game'd

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #694 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 22, 2010, 11:56:10 PM

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure Fork was a part of the softball team that got Perfect Game'd

You are misremembering.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #695 on: March 23, 2010, 07:26:56 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 23, 2010, 06:30:53 AM

You are misremembering.

A bat may be the only piece of softball/baseball equipment that I don't need the instruction manual for.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #696 on: March 23, 2010, 08:33:01 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 23, 2010, 07:26:56 AM
Quote from: CT III on March 23, 2010, 06:30:53 AM

You are misremembering.

A bat may be the only piece of softball/baseball equipment that I don't need the instruction manual for.

1. Pick up bat.

2. Beat sense into Yeti.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #697 on: March 23, 2010, 08:33:41 AM »
Seriously, Fork can't play any position for us either, but at least he can fucking hit.  Why is Millar still around?

If Millar makes the team over Tracy, yes it's the 25th spot, but it underscores the motivation behind building this team, which is that guys who are nice to reporters have an edge over guys who are actually good.  Fanboys like Kap and Gordo Busfield--who I believe is the one who actually uses the word "Curse Buster" as a modifier, christ help us-- are so transparently subjective in their reporting of this.  Millar should not, by any rational measure, be in this godforsaken discussion.  They want a friend and a story.  Yes it's the 25th man, and I hate to be so fucking melodramatic here, but if Millar makes the team over Tracy I may pull the pin on 2010 already.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #698 on: March 23, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 23, 2010, 08:33:41 AM
Seriously, Fork can't play any position for us either, but at least he can fucking hit.  Why is Millar still around?

If Millar makes the team over Tracy, yes it's the 25th spot, but it underscores the motivation behind building this team, which is that guys who are nice to reporters have an edge over guys who are actually good.  Fanboys like Kap and Gordo Busfield--who I believe is the one who actually uses the word "Curse Buster" as a modifier, christ help us-- are so transparently subjective in their reporting of this.  Millar should not, by any rational measure, be in this godforsaken discussion.  They want a friend and a story.  Yes it's the 25th man, and I hate to be so fucking melodramatic here, but if Millar makes the team over Tracy I may pull the pin on 2010 already.

Hey, 162 games is a long season. You need somebody in the clubhouse you know you always get a quote from.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #699 on: March 23, 2010, 09:10:16 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 23, 2010, 09:03:45 AM

Hey, 162 games is a long season. You need somebody in the clubhouse you know you always get a quote from.

Then, to paraphrase a FAMOUS CUBS BLOGGER, make that person a coach.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #700 on: March 23, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 23, 2010, 09:10:16 AM

Then, to paraphrase a FAMOUS VERY WELL-KNOWN CUBS BLOGGER, make that person a coach.

Kaplan laying it on thick, almost to the point of being defensive about it'd
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #701 on: March 23, 2010, 10:50:51 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 23, 2010, 10:35:51 AM

Then, to paraphrase a FAMOUS VERY WELL-KNOWN CUBS BLOGGER, make that person a coach.

Probably because he got 50 emails after last appearance saying "Who the fuck were those people? Who is the Jim Essen guy? What is a desipio?"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #702 on: March 23, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 23, 2010, 10:50:51 AM

Probably because he got 50 emails from me after last appearance saying "Who the fuck were those people? Who is the Jim Essen guy? What is a desipio?" you really need to have the ACB guys on.

Mata Yeti'd.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #703 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 23, 2010, 11:01:52 AM

Probably because he got 50 emails from me after last appearance saying "Who the fuck were those people? Who is the Jim Essen guy? What is a desipio?" you really need to have the ACB guys on.

Mata Yeti'd.

That will never get old.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #704 on: March 23, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 23, 2010, 11:09:04 AM
Quote from: MAD on March 23, 2010, 11:01:52 AM

Mata Yeti'd.

That will never get old.

Which is the complete opposite of Huey