News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,425 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #735 on: April 18, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »
One of the things I hate most about this team is the endless parade of idiots coming through the television booth during the games.

Out of the things off the field, I mean.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #736 on: April 18, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »
I had no idea that Ted Knight was dead.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #737 on: April 18, 2010, 02:50:39 PM »
Harold Ramis just told an anecdote about taking a leak in the pressbox restroom and hearing Pat Hughes announce "Harold Ramis is here today" and getting freaked out because he thought they had a camera in the bathroom. Pat Hughes replied "So they have our radio feed piped in to the restroom, is that what you're saying?"

As if you don't know, Pat. As if you don't know.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #738 on: April 18, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 18, 2010, 02:50:39 PM
Harold Ramis just told an anecdote about taking a leak in the pressbox restroom and hearing Pat Hughes announce "Harold Ramis is here today" and getting freaked out because he thought they had a camera in the bathroom. Pat Hughes replied "So they have our radio feed piped in to the restroom, is that what you're saying?"

Instead of using Judd for an inning Pat should call the 5th from the can.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #739 on: April 18, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 18, 2010, 04:27:13 PM

I think we've finally hit upon Judd's main qualification for the job: the sound of his voice helps Pat expedite his 5th inning steamers.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #740 on: April 18, 2010, 07:21:03 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 18, 2010, 06:50:54 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 18, 2010, 04:27:13 PM

I think we've finally hit upon Judd's main qualification for the job: the sound of his voice helps Pat expedite his 5th inning steamers.

I always thought his main qualification was being Bob's nephew.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #741 on: April 18, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 18, 2010, 02:23:29 PM

I actually remember when he died.  His "Too Close For Comfort" follow-up was going places but for his untimely demise.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #742 on: April 19, 2010, 08:45:03 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 18, 2010, 10:52:43 PM

I actually remember when he died.  His "Too Close For Comfort" follow-up was going places but for his untimely demise.

Follow up?  He died mid-production.  The only difference between him and Redd Foxx and John Ritter is they died on the set.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #743 on: April 19, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 19, 2010, 08:45:03 AM

Follow up?  He died mid-production.  The only difference between him and Redd Foxx and John Ritter is they died on the set.

Not much of a resume depth-wise, but Ted Baxter and Judge Smails are both pretty immortal.  I just can't believe Wheezer thought Ted Knight had been alive the past quarter century.  What a blind spot.

As for this thread, even my wife was bitching about Santo yesterday when I got back home, and she doesn't even follow the Cubs too closely.  I'm glad I missed it.  I thought Otto was serviceable on Friday and Saturday.  Judd's still horrible.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #744 on: April 19, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »

I still can't believe Jm J Bullock outlasted him.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #745 on: April 19, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 19, 2010, 09:34:12 AM

I still can't believe Jm J Bullock outlasted him.

Seriously.  I thought the AIDS was eating his flesh 15 years ago when he'd go on Howard Stern.  At least that's how they made it sound. 
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #746 on: April 19, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 19, 2010, 09:24:04 AM
I just can't believe Wheezer thought Ted Knight had been alive the past quarter century.  What a blind spot.

Not thinking of him as dead is different from thinking he was alive.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #747 on: April 19, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 19, 2010, 01:12:25 PM

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #748 on: April 19, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
I just can't believe Wheezer thought Ted Knight had been alive the past quarter century.  What a blind spot.

"I did not say [he] was alive, my child. I did not think it. I go no further than to say that [he] might be Un-Dead."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #749 on: April 19, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 19, 2010, 02:01:32 PM

"I did not say [he] was alive, my child. I did not think it. I go no further than to say that [he] might be Un-Dead."

Thank you for immortalizing my drunken PANKboarding with your signature.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015