News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,446 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #765 on: April 20, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
QuoteWe are building a voice and establishing an identity," Meyer says of the network, which is seen on Ch. 122 on Time Warner, Ch. 54 on Comcast and Ch. 90 on FiOS. "It's not about somebody else. It's about us."

Or, as Sterger delicately puts it: "This show speaks to a younger audience, and an audience that's much more aware, one no media outlet has the cojones to touch."

NOBODY had the balls to cater programming to men between the age of 18-34 who like to watch sports on TV.

Until now.

Also, she got her boobs reduced.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: April 20, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 20, 2010, 04:13:07 PM

Fuck it, then.  We've got Sarah Spain.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: April 20, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 20, 2010, 04:13:07 PM

Given her strained attempt to winch them back into cleavage for the ads for this show, I'm wondering if she's regretting that choice.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: April 20, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »
Multiple thread synergy!

Look, everyone!  I'm best friends with THE Jenn Sterger!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
Gotta add whoever is doing the voiceover every time the draft goes to commercial on ESPN.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »
Here's a good spot for it.  How is it possible that WGN somehow keeps writing a worse and worse jingle for the Cubs Central Pregame Show?  This latest one makes me long for, "Everybody loves the Cubs!  Everybody loves the Cubs!  It's baseball time again, here on Double-You-Gee-En!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:58 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 26, 2010, 11:29:08 AM
Here's a good spot for it.  How is it possible that WGN somehow keeps writing a worse and worse jingle for the Cubs Central Pregame Show?  This latest one makes me long for, "Everybody loves the Cubs!  Everybody loves the Cubs!  It's baseball time again, here on Double-You-Gee-En!"

What is the intro on Twins Pregame radio like?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2010, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 26, 2010, 11:29:08 AM

What is the intro on Twins Pregame radio like?

Fucking AWESOME.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: April 29, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 15, 2010, 03:06:11 PM
Because I can't deal with Santo, I often listen to the opposing team's broadcast on my MLB At-Bat thingy.

I used to think Uecker was a pretty decent broadcaster.  Holy shit....he is about 73 different varieties of suck.   The top of the fifth inning of today's game was the worst play-by-play I've heard in some time.   Lost track of the score...lost track of the number of outs.  

And apparently, Zambrano is hurt?  I hope he's wrong about that too.

IDITO! He has a bad ticker!

QuoteEven as he received treatment over the winter and called early-season games while woozy with medication, Uecker never considered taking time off until the doctors required him to.

"I don't want to quit," Uecker said. "I don't want to become a gibberish idiot on the air, either. I'll know when to quit. I'll know when to stop all the other activities. But, no, I don't feel like I can't work anymore. I look forward to coming to the park every day. That's the highlight of the day.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: April 29, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 29, 2010, 01:14:51 PM
Because I can't deal with Santo, I often listen to the opposing team's broadcast on my MLB At-Bat thingy.

I used to think Uecker was a pretty decent broadcaster.  Holy shit....he is about 73 different varieties of suck.   The top of the fifth inning of today's game was the worst play-by-play I've heard in some time.   Lost track of the score...lost track of the number of outs.  

QuoteEven as he received treatment over the winter and called early-season games while woozy with medication, Uecker never considered taking time off until the doctors required him to.

"I don't want to quit," Uecker said. "I don't want to become a gibberish idiot on the air, either. I'll know when to quit. I'll know when to stop all the other activities. But, no, I don't feel like I can't work anymore. I look forward to coming to the park every day. That's the highlight of the day.

Not a fan of Andy and Kerm's new digs, TJ?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: April 29, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »
Quote from: MAD on April 29, 2010, 01:29:37 PM

I am a fan. Just didn't get to Fisted Foul quite yet. IDITO!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #776 on: April 29, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 29, 2010, 01:52:33 PM

I swear to God I heard Pat Hughes use "fisted foul" in a game the other day. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: April 29, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on April 29, 2010, 01:59:00 PM

I'm waiting for a SWUNG ON, FISTED.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on April 29, 2010, 01:59:00 PM

He uses it all the time.  Thanks for the plug, Pat!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: May 12, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
My full-fledged Hawks Boner was obliterated last night when, a couple of hours after the game had ended, Jim Memolo on WGN went through the recap.  Having watched the game, watched the replays, watched the highlights, watched the studio shows, and watched the postgame pressers/interviews, I looked forward to capping off my night by getting to hear, for the first time, the always-excellent John Weideman's calls as they had sounded on the radio.

On the first goal--the beautiful Sharp-to-Brouwer play-- I thought, "This doesn't sound right.  Maybe Weideman was sick tonight."  By the second goal--Versteeg's--it dawned on me that Weideman had not made the trip to Vancouver and was instead replaced by--much to my horror--what I can only assume were the shrieking stylings of Judd Sirott.  Totally ruined it.  I'm not even kidding.  I know Sirott's been working with WGN for a couple years now, and has done Wolves' play-by-play in the past but after having grown accustomed to Weideman's excellence, it sounded like they took the 9th caller into the pregame show and had him to play-by-play for the night.  Total.  Amateur.  Hour.  You can bet that none of these goals will make it any of those NHL commercials wherein they use the team's calls.  Totally unworthy of a conference seminfinal clinching game.  What an abortion.

Where the hell was Weideman?  Please don't tell me he's dead.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)