News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,398 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #810 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 29, 2010, 10:17:46 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on May 29, 2010, 08:38:45 PM
Quote from: CT III on May 29, 2010, 05:06:33 PM
You haven't lived until you've heard Ron and Pat spend an inning bullshitting with Jim Belushi.

By the way, The Belush mentioned that he'd been at a game earlier in the week and sat in the owners box with Mr. Ricketts.

HE NO LONGER GETS IT!

I had the game on XM in the car and had to change the channel. That was just fucking painful.

I had to step out of the room, but mainly because I started imagining Belushi's head superposed on that of Zardoz.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #811 on: May 30, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
Although, according to the newspaper, Carlos Silva got his seventh win,  listening to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, I learned that Cardinals' rookie Adam Ottavino damned near pitched a no hitter in his debut.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #812 on: May 30, 2010, 09:27:07 PM »
Joe Buck can eat a bag of dicks.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #813 on: May 31, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on May 30, 2010, 09:27:07 PM
Joe Buck can eat a bag of dicks Tim McCarvers.

Steve Carlton synchophant'd.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #814 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:22 AM »
Mike Milbury should just wear his Flyers jersey for the next game and just start openly cheering for them.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #815 on: June 01, 2010, 07:32:04 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 01, 2010, 07:05:22 AM
Mike Milbury should just wear his Flyers jersey for the next game and just start openly cheering for them.

Milbury makes Pierre McGuire seem somewhat lucid, and that's some tough sledding right there.

But, to be fair, last night he was the Flyers' advocate, while JR was pushing the Hawks. Those are producer/director calls before they go to air.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #816 on: June 01, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 01, 2010, 07:32:04 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on June 01, 2010, 07:05:22 AM

Milbury makes Pierre McGuire seem somewhat lucid, and that's some tough sledding right there.

But, to be fair, last night he was the Flyers' advocate, while JR was pushing the Hawks. Those are producer/director calls before they go to air.

I did like when JR told Mike directly to let him talk as Milbury just wouldn't shut up. I am still hoping for fisticuffs between those two.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #817 on: June 07, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »
Just watched a live look-in on the Cubs website (gee thanks MLB!!!!!).  The Pirates crew sounds like they're heavily drugged up at a retirement home.  It's as if they're seconds from falling asleep.  They capture the excitement of these two ballclubs perfectly.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #818 on: June 07, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
DPD for Bud Selig.  Can't they hire Vin Scully to announce the picks?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #819 on: June 09, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »
TPD.  The current hot topic on ESPN2.  Is it Strasburg?  The draft?  The Stanley Cup finals?  NBA finals?  Nope.

QuoteSexier Jake: Jake Locker or Jake Gyllenhaal?

I hate ESPN so much.

They were also using a touchscreen.  So while I'm on the subject, is anyone else annoyed with the latest TV trend of anchors having to use touchscreens for everything?  They don't work smoothly, it looks awkward, and it's a transparent excuse to inject some TECHNOLOGY!! where none is needed.  It's also lame - does it really tell the story better to have the anchor stretch to reach still photos from the top of the screen and drag it down to the middle, then repeat?  Isn't that what the graphics department is paid for?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #820 on: June 11, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
Since this has turned into the default FUCK STEVE STONE thread

Quote"And Steve Stone? He's got enough problems doing what he does with the White Sox. What job has he had in baseball besides talking on television or radio? What has he done?

"Why isn't he a farm director and bring some kids around? Why isn't he a general manager, and put the uniform on and been a pitching coach? Why hasn't he been a field manager. There's 30 teams out there that could use a guy's expertise like that. I'm tired of some of these guys, I really am. Now that's it. Let's go to baseball."

Sure Stone may be right about getting Tyler some more playing time, but that's beside the point. Fuck Steve Stone. I love that Lou ripped on him.

Stone:
Quote"It was an observance and when you need to have a front-office job to make an observance about baseball, there's going to be nobody working in baseball. None of you media guys are going to be working in baseball because then you can't say anything because you've never been in the front office. That might be one of the dumber things he's said."

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I believe some of you in the past have eluded to the fact that Stone has tried to get a front office job... and no one will fucking hire him.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #821 on: June 11, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 11, 2010, 12:32:59 PM

Quote"And Steve Stone? He's got enough problems doing what he does with the White Sox. What job has he had in baseball besides talking on television or radio? What has he done?

"Why isn't he a farm director and bring some kids around? Why isn't he a general manager, and put the uniform on and been a pitching coach? Why hasn't he been a field manager. There's 30 teams out there that could use a guy's expertise like that. I'm tired of some of these guys, I really am. Now that's it. Let's go to baseball."

Sure Stone may be right about getting Tyler some more playing time, but that's beside the point. Fuck Steve Stone. I love that Lou ripped on him.

Stone:
Quote"It was an observance and when you need to have a front-office job to make an observance about baseball, there's going to be nobody working in baseball. None of you media guys are going to be working in baseball because then you can't say anything because you've never been in the front office. That might be one of the dumber things he's said."

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I believe some of you in the past have eluded to the fact that Stone has tried to get a front office job... and no one will fucking hire him.

I do think this was discussed at one point, but the thread is alluding me.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #822 on: June 11, 2010, 12:52:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 11, 2010, 12:36:06 PM

Stone:

I do think this was discussed at one point, but the thread is alluding me.

Probably died in the 5/9/10 purge

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #823 on: June 11, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »

Stone:

Vocabulary lesson for Steve Stone.

When Chuck writes about how bad Alfonso Soriano is, that's an observation.

When Chuck doesn't write about Alfonso Soriano on Yom Kippur, that's an observance.

"Lou's probably grumpy, because he only went 3-for-11 against me with no RBIs."

Incorrect! Lou knocked in a run in the last showdown between the two.

Methinks Lou's grumpy because a walk to Oscar Gamble's afro loaded the bases the next inning with Reggie Jackson coming up and Piniella in the hole. His OPS would be definitely a few points higher if Earl Weaver let Stone pitch to him.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #824 on: June 11, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 11, 2010, 01:44:08 PM

Stone:

Vocabulary lesson for Steve Stone.

When Chuck writes about how bad Alfonso Soriano is, that's an observation.

When Chuck doesn't write about Alfonso Soriano on Yom Kippur, that's an observance.

"Lou's probably grumpy, because he only went 3-for-11 against me with no RBIs."

Incorrect! Lou knocked in a run in the last showdown between the two.

Methinks Lou's grumpy because a walk to Oscar Gamble's afro loaded the bases the next inning with Reggie Jackson coming up and Piniella in the hole. His OPS would be definitely a few points higher if Earl Weaver let Stone pitch to him.

3 for 11 is far from terrible.