News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,316 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #825 on: June 11, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 11, 2010, 12:52:54 PM
Quote from: R-V on June 11, 2010, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 11, 2010, 12:32:59 PM
Since this has turned into the default FUCK STEVE STONE thread

Quote"And Steve Stone? He's got enough problems doing what he does with the White Sox. What job has he had in baseball besides talking on television or radio? What has he done?

"Why isn't he a farm director and bring some kids around? Why isn't he a general manager, and put the uniform on and been a pitching coach? Why hasn't he been a field manager. There's 30 teams out there that could use a guy's expertise like that. I'm tired of some of these guys, I really am. Now that's it. Let's go to baseball."

Sure Stone may be right about getting Tyler some more playing time, but that's beside the point. Fuck Steve Stone. I love that Lou ripped on him.

Stone:
Quote"It was an observance and when you need to have a front-office job to make an observance about baseball, there's going to be nobody working in baseball. None of you media guys are going to be working in baseball because then you can't say anything because you've never been in the front office. That might be one of the dumber things he's said."

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I believe some of you in the past have eluded to the fact that Stone has tried to get a front office job... and no one will fucking hire him.

I do think this was discussed at one point, but the thread is alluding me.

Probably died in the 5/9/10 purge

I say avoison.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: June 11, 2010, 03:32:43 PM »
Things that shocked Ron Santo today: (1) Andruw Jones is a member of the White Sox, (2) Gordon Beckham is playing 2B this year.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: June 11, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »
This is one asshole arguing with another.  I would be fine if they both went away at this point.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
"Cedric the Entertainer"? What the fuck is going on? Gene Gene the Dancing Machine makes more sense.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »
Ron's sighing and geezing is at an extremely high level today. He continues to suck at a level previously achieved only by Ryan Theriot.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: July 21, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on July 21, 2010, 04:42:59 PM
Ron's sighing and geezing is at an extremely high level today. He continues to suck at a level previously achieved only by Ryan Theriot.

True story.  I tuned in to Saturday's game--the first game in which I followed in at least 10 weeks.  After Soto dropped the game away, my disgust was soothed by the balm that is Santo's whining.  My spirits were actually picked up when I heard his woe-is-us bullshit.  It reminded me that the price I would have to pay if the Cubs suddenly got hot and back into the race would be this insufferbale asshole leading the premature celebration parade until my ears and blood pressure were shot.

Yes, I am petty man.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: July 22, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »
Ron's whining is more annoying now that the team is shitty and the games are meaningless. At least he has a reason to be emotional when they're contending. I don't understand why he lets this group of gutless assholes get to him so much.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: July 22, 2010, 07:46:49 AM »
I listened to a game the other day on my ride home from work.  I have the MLB App on my iPhone, so it's actually pretty fantastic to listen to some games through my car's speakers.  Anyway, Ron was so terrible that I actually had to turn to the other team's broadcast.  It's a shame, too, because I really like the way Pat Hughes calls the game.  I just hate that he's always interrupted by Ron every two seconds with some nonsensical old man beetus noise.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
You guys are all IDITOS. Santo makes the games fun. He is a TRUE Cub fan.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: July 22, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 22, 2010, 07:46:49 AM
I listened to a game the other day on my ride home from work.  I have the MLB App on my iPhone, so it's actually pretty fantastic to listen to some games through my car's speakers.  Anyway, Ron was so terrible that I actually had to turn to the other team's broadcast.  It's a shame, too, because I really like the way Pat Hughes calls the game.  I just hate that he's always interrupted by Ron every two seconds with some nonsensical old man beetus noise.

I learned during Wednesday's game that Ron's cat has diabetes. As far as I could tell, the cat still has all four limbs, however.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: July 22, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on July 22, 2010, 08:08:28 AM

I learned during Wednesday's game that Ron's cat has diabetes. As far as I could tell, the cat still has all four limbs, however.

But he did name the cat Cigarette, just in case he has to take it out for a drag.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #837 on: July 22, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 22, 2010, 09:09:51 AM

But he did name the cat Cigarette, just in case he has to take it out for a drag.

I thought that pussy's name was Casey?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: July 22, 2010, 09:12:54 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 22, 2010, 09:09:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hql3UxYBHIM

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: July 26, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »
Moreland doesn't have the pipes for this gig. It's like sitting down to a meal of meringue.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!