News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,407 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #840 on: July 26, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
Caught a couple of innings of Milo when I was in the car. Almost makes me long for Hawk  Harrelson.

Almost.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #841 on: August 01, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
Saw highlights of Zimmerman's walkoff vs. the Phils and holy hell are the Nats announcers unlistenable. I've never liked Rob Dibble but to hear him grunt and moan like a younger Ron Santo over the PbP call was embarrassing.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #842 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:19 PM »
Somebody's handing out the secret phone number.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #843 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »
Plus, it appears that Randy Hundley will cater your wedding for a price.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #844 on: August 12, 2010, 07:38:11 AM »
Anybody happen to be watching MLB Network yesterday evening and catch the little remix they did of Hawk Harrelson's calls recently?  They added in some sweet cheesedick graphics and mixed in some Autotune.  It was pretty hilarious and it illustrated just how awful a commentator he is.  I really, really can't stand that douche.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #845 on: August 16, 2010, 02:19:07 PM »
Was listening to the start of Boers and Berstein today, and they seemed to indicate there was some sort of asshurtedness between Hawk and Stoney.  While that could be distracting for my new favorite team, I have to admit, that would be an epic slap fight.  Indolent Reader, do you know anything about this?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #846 on: August 16, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 16, 2010, 02:19:07 PM
Was listening to the start of Boers and Berstein today, and they seemed to indicate there was some sort of asshurtedness between Hawk and Stoney.  While that could be distracting for my new favorite team, I have to admit, that would be an epic slap fight.  Indolent Reader, do you know anything about this?

Not really - their seeming tension has been discussed quite a bit on the Danny Mac show (Mac basically thinks that Hawk and Stone talk past each other and not to each other and seems to support Stone), but that's all I know.

Hawk didn't do the game yesterday because of someone ill in his family (I think maybe his brother-in-law?).  I think it was because of the ninth-inning collapse on Saturday night.  That was horrific.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #847 on: August 16, 2010, 03:08:16 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on August 16, 2010, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: CT III on August 16, 2010, 02:19:07 PM

Not really - their seeming tension has been discussed quite a bit on the Danny Mac show (Mac basically thinks that Hawk and Stone talk past each other and not to each other and seems to support Stone), but that's all I know.

Hawk didn't do the game yesterday because of someone ill in his family (I think maybe his brother-in-law?).  I think it was because of the ninth-inning collapse on Saturday night.  That was horrific.

Same person'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #848 on: August 20, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »
Tomorrow on Chicago Now Radio, "blogger Cubbie Julie blows up on the 2010 Cubs." Tune in.

From the pictures I've seen, she blew up some time ago.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #849 on: August 20, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 20, 2010, 01:54:43 PM
Tomorrow on Chicago Now Radio, "blogger Cubbie Julie blows up on the 2010 Cubs." Tune in.

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

Hi.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #850 on: August 20, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 20, 2010, 01:56:07 PM
Quote from: Shooter on August 20, 2010, 01:54:43 PM

Intrepid Reader: TDubbsOleg

Hi.

Shitty O'Kea's'd
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #851 on: August 20, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
If this were happening in a bathroom, it could be Miss Val.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #852 on: August 20, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 20, 2010, 02:07:34 PM

eh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #853 on: August 20, 2010, 03:10:39 PM »
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #854 on: August 20, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 20, 2010, 02:58:42 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 20, 2010, 02:07:34 PM

eh?

Might be an SBox meme that didn't cross over.