News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,288 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #900 on: October 03, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 03, 2010, 01:14:03 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 03, 2010, 09:13:43 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 02, 2010, 07:59:51 PM
Hughes and Otto seemed to be having some sort of existential dispute in the top of the 6th.

The details of said dispute?

Are you kidding? I can barely remember my phone number since Oleg's visit.

I'm picturing this visit and I'm laughing.

A lot.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: October 03, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 03, 2010, 01:51:38 PM
Hughes and Otto seemed to be having some sort of existential dispute in the top of the 6th.

A lot.

Ditto.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: October 04, 2010, 09:17:45 AM »
Cris Collinsworth sucks.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: October 04, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 03, 2010, 03:05:16 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 03, 2010, 01:51:38 PM

A lot.

Ditto.

Tritto.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: October 04, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 04, 2010, 09:17:45 AM
Cris Collinsworth sucks.

So does Jeff Joniak.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #905 on: October 05, 2010, 10:31:53 PM »
At Flagging Tribune, Tales of a Bankrupt Culture

QuoteMr. Michaels, a former radio executive and disc jockey, had been handpicked by Sam Zell, a billionaire who was the new controlling shareholder, to run much of the media company's vast collection of properties, including The Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, WGN America and the Chicago Cubs.

After Mr. Michaels arrived (where several other senior colleagues were meeting at the InterContinental Hotel), according to two people at the bar that night, he sat down and said, "watch this," and offered the waitress $100 to show him her breasts.  The group sat dumbfounded.

QuoteTribune Tower, the architectural symbol of the staid company, came to resemble a frat house, complete with poker parties, juke boxes and pervasive sex talk.

Should've gotten on board with ChicagoNOW, Kerm.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: October 06, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on October 05, 2010, 10:31:53 PM

QuoteMr. Michaels, a former radio executive and disc jockey, had been handpicked by Sam Zell, a billionaire who was the new controlling shareholder, to run much of the media company's vast collection of properties, including The Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, WGN America and the Chicago Cubs.

After Mr. Michaels arrived (where several other senior colleagues were meeting at the InterContinental Hotel), according to two people at the bar that night, he sat down and said, "watch this," and offered the waitress $100 to show him her breasts.  The group sat dumbfounded.

QuoteTribune Tower, the architectural symbol of the staid company, came to resemble a frat house, complete with poker parties, juke boxes and pervasive sex talk.

Not to worry. Randy Michaels says not to listen to the guy who did a lot of coke in the 80s.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #907 on: October 06, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 06, 2010, 11:52:05 AM

Not to worry. Randy Michaels says not to listen to the guy who did a lot of coke in the 80s.

Well, after reading Fork's latest missive in the Free Darko thread, I have to concur.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: October 12, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »

It doesn't end...

QuoteA top executive at Tribune Co., parent of the Chicago Tribune, e-mailed a company-wide memo Monday that contained links to off-color satirical videos, including one he labeled "Sluts" in which a gyrating woman appears to pour liquor on her bare breasts.

Abrams' memo spurred complaints to Tribune Co.'s human resources department from Chicago Tribune Editor Gerould Kern and others, upset at the sexual content. Abrams was not immediately available for comment.

"I thought it was offensive and I thought it was completely inappropriate to be sent out in a workplace setting to everyone in this company," Kern said Tuesday. "We've had some employees complain as well, and I took it to HR."

Kern also said he complained to Abrams.

One section of Abrams' memo included "pretty inspirational or at least interesting" videos he said he and Ray Brune, whom he described as executive producer of Tribune Broadcasting's "new morning concept," assembled for "'Bootcamps' with the new staff."

Among these were video newscast parodies from theonion.com. One was a panel discussion of the need for educators to accept that "students don't give a (expletive)." Another was a fake report on the crash of a bus full of reality-show contestants "spilling more than 2,000 pounds of slut" on the highway.

Abrams, in his e-mail to workers, in no way indicated these were not suitable for work.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #909 on: October 12, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »
I presume the Tribune HR department is just a writhing mass of anyone-fuckers.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: October 23, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

I turned on WGN 720 in the car awaiting the Northwestern game and was treated to the comedic stylings of cubbiejulie. She complained about curmudgeonly columnists complaining about bloggers. She also informed us she likes her arms, whatever that means, and trash-talked the male co-host about high school rivalries. They spent about 5 minutes talking about the Cubs and Quade and their lively debate reached the conclusion of "meh" along with Julie's spirited monologue on Quade's wikipedia picture. Goody.

RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #911 on: October 24, 2010, 01:21:06 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on October 23, 2010, 01:12:18 PM
RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

I turned on WGN 720 in the car awaiting the Northwestern game and was treated to the comedic stylings of cubbiejulie. She complained about curmudgeonly columnists complaining about bloggers. She also informed us she likes her arms, whatever that means, and trash-talked the male co-host about high school rivalries. They spent about 5 minutes talking about the Cubs and Quade and their lively debate reached the conclusion of "meh" along with Julie's spirited monologue on Quade's wikipedia picture. Goody.

RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

Thanks for the update. How did Northwestern do? Oh, really? Damn. Could be worse though. Could be much much worse.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: October 24, 2010, 02:23:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 01:21:06 AM
RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

Thanks for the update. How did Northwestern do? Oh, really? Damn. Could be worse though. Could be much much worse.

A gibbet from every flagpole.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: October 24, 2010, 03:19:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 01:21:06 AM
RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

RSS ALERT! RSS ALERT!

They blew it like a bunch of gutless assholes.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: October 25, 2010, 12:00:45 PM »
So whatever hai with that whole Brenly to Milwaukee thing? Can I breathe a hearty sigh of relief that he'll be back in the booth next year?