News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,379 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #975 on: March 26, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2011, 03:12:36 PM
He "idolized Paul Friedman as a kid"?

Though Friedman is Wayne Messmer's successor and has served since 1995, how many people honestly even knew who he was, let alone idolize him?

Yea. First thing I thought when I heard him say that was "GAY"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #976 on: March 26, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »
I applied but even if I hadn't, I didn't hear anything special in that guy's video. Must've been the résumé.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #977 on: March 26, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 26, 2011, 04:45:12 PM
I applied but even if I hadn't, I didn't hear anything special in that guy's video. Must've been the résumé.

Link or it didn't happen.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #978 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 26, 2011, 04:45:12 PM

The Cubs hiring the Moviefone guy is a pretty big coup.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #979 on: March 27, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »

Though Friedman is Wayne Messmer's successor and has served since 1995, how many people honestly even knew who he was, let alone idolize him?

Friedman was awesome, what with LITERALLY being a bridge between the players and the fans.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #980 on: March 27, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 27, 2011, 06:54:16 AM

Friedman was awesome, what with LITERALLY being a bridge between the players and the fans.

Kinky.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #981 on: March 30, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #982 on: April 16, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »
This.

Local scribe weighs in:

QuoteAnd, sorry, but a webcam broadcast from the stands rather than a radio arrangement is more bush league comedy than Southern League-quality.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #983 on: April 19, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
I think I just heard the Manitoban Monstrosity smile her own name out incorrectly. Now, Heather Shouse low-sibilizing about food or something else indiscernible. Coming up, Terry Gross repeat about killer plastic. DO THE HONORABLE THING, MALATIA.

[Edit.--Tea guy talking about "shlurping air to your olfactory bulb." I'd like to shlurp your olfactory bulb out of your fat face with my bare hands.]

[Edit 2.--Yes, somebody said "foodways." "It would have been made for Passover, or breakfast, or dessert." "How much is lost to us?" Not enough, you Canadian horror.]

[Edit 3.--Oh, and you can tune in someplace else for the story of gefiltefish. Do you know why imaginary people wrote down their recipes? Because they didn't actually have writing implements, unlike "paper," and thus had to smear instructions down with their fingers. That's why they're fat and cute. Please, please, go mushroom hunting with these precious artifacts.]

[Edit 4.--The plan was to not touch plastic until it occurred to me that the toilet seat is plastic, and thus I decided to write about it instead. "Give us a layman's understanding of plastic." "Can you give us an example of a by-product of oil refining?" "You can have a gas that can be captured? Is it then cooled?" "It is piped through a series of pipes... it eventually goes into this thing called the reactor." "Then other chemicals are introduced that cause chemical reactions. I couldn't see this, but I was walking around the outside, and then I could smell plastic." "This is more or less the process."]

[Edit 5.--And let's wrap this one up with "The Carter Family, as they called themselves."]

[Edit 6.--Or, you know, we could get a memoirist to get in here to gush over some trade rubbish.]

[Edit 7.--Shlomo McDongskaya really pissed off about this on the Milt, while I'm killing my neurons. HAMZA! FIRE! DONNA JEAN! FIRE! Note the file-naming convention.]

[Edit 9.--Ka. Zoo. Is. Tree.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #984 on: April 20, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 19, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
I think I just heard the Manitoban Monstrosity smile her own name out incorrectly. Now, Heather Shouse low-sibilizing about food or something else indiscernible. Coming up, Terry Gross repeat about killer plastic. DO THE HONORABLE THING, MALATIA.

[Edit.--Tea guy talking about "shlurping air to your olfactory bulb." I'd like to shlurp your olfactory bulb out of your fat face with my bare hands.]

[Edit 2.--Yes, somebody said "foodways." "It would have been made for Passover, or breakfast, or dessert." "How much is lost to us?" Not enough, you Canadian horror.]

[Edit 3.--Oh, and you can tune in someplace else for the story of gefiltefish. Do you know why imaginary people wrote down their recipes? Because they didn't actually have writing implements, unlike "paper," and thus had to smear instructions down with their fingers. That's why they're fat and cute. Please, please, go mushroom hunting with these precious artifacts.]

[Edit 4.--The plan was to not touch plastic until it occurred to me that the toilet seat is plastic, and thus I decided to write about it instead. "Give us a layman's understanding of plastic." "Can you give us an example of a by-product of oil refining?" "You can have a gas that can be captured? Is it then cooled?" "It is piped through a series of pipes... it eventually goes into this thing called the reactor." "Then other chemicals are introduced that cause chemical reactions. I couldn't see this, but I was walking around the outside, and then I could smell plastic." "This is more or less the process."]

[Edit 5.--And let's wrap this one up with "The Carter Family, as they called themselves."]

[Edit 6.--Or, you know, we could get a memoirist to get in here to gush over some trade rubbish.]

[Edit 7.--Shlomo McDongskaya really pissed off about this on the Milt, while I'm killing my neurons. HAMZA! FIRE! DONNA JEAN! FIRE! Note the file-naming convention.]

Shlomo McDongskaya.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »
Phil Rog was in the booth with Pat and Keef a second ago. He was pimping his Ernie Banks/'69 Cubs book. Pat called him the Chicago Tribune's baseball writer "par excellance." I threw up in my mouth.

Just what the world needed - a book about the '69 Cubs. Why hasn't anybody thought of that before?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2011, 05:45:12 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 20, 2011, 01:39:10 PM
Phil Rog was in the booth with Pat and Keef a second ago. He was pimping his Ernie Banks/'69 Cubs book. Pat called him the Chicago Tribune's baseball writer "par excellance." I threw up in my mouth.

Just what the world needed - a book about the '69 Cubs. Why hasn't anybody thought of that before?

I had to listen to that drivel too. Phil is digging deep. He's telling the stories No one will tell. Did you know black people once had to play in a SEPARATE LEAGUE?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #987 on: April 21, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 20, 2011, 01:39:10 PM

Leave it to Phildo to make Rick Talley look like Grantland Rice.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #988 on: April 21, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
Listening to the score this morning, either Mully and Hanley or whoever they are were going over the Sox' tendency to go into team wide offensive slumps and they wondered if the Sox were the only team to experience these things regularly because "it seems to defy logic that 8 different guys can slump at once." I'd like to direct them to the 2004 Cubs. 235 home runs and a lineup that got shutout by Scott Downs, Doug Davis, Wilson Alvarez, and Casey Daigle, among others.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #989 on: April 21, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2011, 08:30:17 AM
Listening to the score this morning, either Mully and Hanley or whoever they are were going over the Sox' tendency to go into team wide offensive slumps and they wondered if the Sox were the only team to experience these things regularly because "it seems to defy logic that 8 different guys can slump at once." I'd like to direct them to the 2004 Cubs. 235 home runs and a lineup that got shutout by Scott Downs, Doug Davis, Wilson Alvarez, and Casey Daigle, among others.

Finally on the right side of the rivalry.