News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,377 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1005 on: May 11, 2011, 12:03:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2011, 11:39:05 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 11, 2011, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2011, 10:58:18 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 10, 2011, 11:07:33 PM
Why is Eduardo Perez's uncleared throat on Baseball Tonight

Why would a person watch Baseball Tonight instead of MLB Network (unless Millar and Byrnes are queering off together in the studio)?

I asked myself that question and went on a search for the MLB Network. I couldn't find it. I am sure I have it bit I didn't feel like getting up at the time and finding the paper guide. If I don't have it, well heads are going to roll

You have to have it, dude. What with that superior satellite package (||) you're carrying.

Wasn't Yetti the one arguing Dish Network over DirecTV? Oh yeah. Dish can't carry MLB Network.

Yea, I will have to agree that not getting the MLB network at all is much worse than not getting AMC in HD, but still getting AMC in SD

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1006 on: May 11, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 11, 2011, 12:03:31 PM

Why would a person watch Baseball Tonight instead of MLB Network (unless Millar and Byrnes are queering off together in the studio)?

I asked myself that question and went on a search for the MLB Network. I couldn't find it. I am sure I have it bit I didn't feel like getting up at the time and finding the paper guide. If I don't have it, well heads are going to roll

You have to have it, dude. What with that superior satellite package (||) you're carrying.

Wasn't Yetti the one arguing Dish Network over DirecTV? Oh yeah. Dish can't carry MLB Network.

Yea, I will have to agree that not getting the MLB network at all is much worse than not getting AMC in HD, but still getting AMC in SD  Anyone interested in a gently used Dish Network subscription?

Yeti's trash is everyone else's treasure'd

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1007 on: May 11, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 11, 2011, 12:06:33 PM
Quote from: Yeti on May 11, 2011, 12:03:31 PM

Yea, I will have to agree that not getting the MLB network at all is much worse than not getting AMC in HD, but still getting AMC in SD  Anyone interested in a gently used Dish Network subscription?

Yeti's trash is everyone else's treasure'd

Last weekend was the town-wide garage sale. You missed out on all the good deals.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1008 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:46 PM »
These Cardinal morons on FS Midwest are obsessed with the Cubs.  I have the misfortune of living somewhere that carries Cardinals games, not Cubs games, and they must talk about the Cubs three times a week.  Right now they're talking (again) about whether Hendry will be back.  "They're in a transition year right now."  "Yeah, how many times over the years have Cubs fans heard they're in a transition?  Hurr hurr."  "Derpty derp derp derp."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1009 on: June 01, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
WGN morning host ????? in the booth with Pat and Keith before he sings the 7th inning stretch. Spectacularly unfunny, despite trying very hard.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1010 on: June 01, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 31, 2011, 07:28:46 PM
These Cardinal morons on FS Midwest are obsessed with the Cubs.  I have the misfortune of living somewhere that carries Cardinals games, not Cubs games, and they must talk about the Cubs three times a week.  Right now they're talking (again) about whether Hendry will be back.  "They're in a transition year right now."  "Yeah, how many times over the years have Cubs fans heard they're in a transition?  Hurr hurr."  "Derpty derp derp derp."

*looks down upon SterlingTailNightDonkeyArcherCats

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1011 on: June 01, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 01, 2011, 03:01:33 PM
WGN morning host ????? in the booth with Pat and Keith before he sings the 7th inning stretch. Spectacularly unfunny, despite trying very hard.

Jarrett's really a newsman, not a comic. Unfortunately, the WGN 5 a.m. block isn't exactly designed for this.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1012 on: June 01, 2011, 06:30:36 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 01, 2011, 03:05:11 PM

I can't resist watching Theriot embarrass himself at shortstop with his pisspoor "defense".
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1013 on: June 01, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 01, 2011, 06:30:36 PM

I can't resist watching Theriot embarrass himself at shortstop with his pisspoor "defense".

And yet the Kyardinuhls will be laughing all the way to the playoffs. Again.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1014 on: June 02, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 01, 2011, 03:23:15 PM

Jarrett's really a newsman, not a comic. Unfortunately, the WGN 5 a.m. block isn't exactly designed for this.

I just want to point out that Wheezer being a WGN listener will never not be funny to me.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1015 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2011, 10:01:02 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 01, 2011, 06:30:36 PM

And yet the Kyardinuhls will be laughing all the way to the playoffs. Again.

This. Guh. I don't even have the advantage of touting Chicago over St. Louis, since the Cardinals fans I know all live in the same corner of Bugtussle that I do.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1016 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 02, 2011, 12:36:38 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 01, 2011, 03:23:15 PM

I just want to point out that Wheezer being a WGN listener will never not be funny to me.

I in some sense am partially responsible for the highlight reel segment that Digilio airs, in that I first called their attention to Hundley's "gay puppy" remark and this was the ur-entry. My return to baseball after a 19-year break is due to nothing but the lousy shortwave reception in this rathole.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1017 on: June 04, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
Tim McCarver would like to introduce you to our new catcher, Geovano Soto.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1018 on: June 22, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
Len Kasper, totally listenable for the next five years.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1019 on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:29 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 22, 2011, 03:36:03 PM
Len Kasper, totally listenable for the next five years.

Wrong thread then. The only thing that bugs me about Len is how he strains his voice on big calls, and especially on "and it wiiilll gooooooo" on HR. Minor thing, really.