News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,288 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1185 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2012, 09:35:34 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 11, 2012, 09:34:57 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2012, 09:23:56 AM
The Score is getting less listenable all the time.

Jason Goff has reportedly accepted a full-time radio position in Atlanta. Worst something something since Greg Maddux something something. I hate this town sometimes.

He'll be back once Boers retires.

Told you this, did he?

No, but there is nowhere else for him to get his own show on the station now.  Mully and Hanley work well together and are young-ish.  While Spiegel is young, McNeill is considerably not; ditto Bernstein and Boers.  Lawrence Holmes isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If Boers and/or McNeill retire, Goff can come back to the station after having hosted his own show.

Or he might like The Varsity and decide to never leave Atlanta.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1186 on: October 11, 2012, 09:48:11 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 11, 2012, 09:39:22 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2012, 09:35:34 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 11, 2012, 09:34:57 AM

Jason Goff has reportedly accepted a full-time radio position in Atlanta. Worst something something since Greg Maddux something something. I hate this town sometimes.

He'll be back once Boers retires.

Told you this, did he?

No, but there is nowhere else for him to get his own show on the station now.  Mully and Hanley work well together and are young-ish.  While Spiegel is young, McNeill is considerably not; ditto Bernstein and Boers.  Lawrence Holmes isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If Boers and/or McNeill retire, Goff can come back to the station after having hosted his own show.

Or he might like The Varsity and decide to never leave Atlanta.

Gil is right. Goff would be welcomed back the second something opens up.

He isn't my favorite on Twitter but he's the best the Score had. Gonna be hard for him to pretend to give a shit about the Atlanta Hawks.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1187 on: October 11, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »

So, you'll have to do something else for 2 hours a day ever other Saturday?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1188 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
I wish Gil's crystal ball would tell us what's going on with Alshon Jeffery's hand or something halfway important. My only point was that I like Goff more than just about anybody paid to talk in Chicago right now and save for B&B and LoHo, he would be a considerable upgrade to every single slapdick asscastle in the city. But of course, nobody making decisions feels that way. And that's why Mac and Speegs, Mully and Hanley and everything on WMVP is allowed to happen.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1189 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20:44 AM »
#asshurt

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1190 on: October 11, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2012, 10:18:14 AM
I wish Gil's crystal ball would tell us what's going on with Alshon Jeffery's hand or something halfway important. My only point was that I like Goff more than just about anybody paid to talk in Chicago right now and save for B&B and LoHo, he would be a considerable upgrade to every single slapdick asscastle in the city. But of course, nobody making decisions feels that way. And that's why Mac and Speegs, Mully and Hanley and everything on WMVP is allowed to happen.

The Republican primaries destroyed my ball reading abilities (||).
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1191 on: October 11, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2012, 10:20:44 AM
#asshurt

Eli was right, we are going to use the hell out of this thing.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1192 on: October 11, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »

Pex is right though. Jesus Christ our radio folks are awful.

And thanks to Twitter (dead horse fully beaten) I'm now just absolutely through with Bernstein.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1193 on: October 11, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 11, 2012, 11:20:47 AM

And thanks to Twitter (dead horse fully beaten) I'm now just absolutely through with Bernstein.

Whatever happened to Julie Swieca, Mike Murphy, Rob Goldman, Mike North or Chet Coppock? Our radio people have always been awful.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1194 on: October 11, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 11, 2012, 11:30:35 AM
Whatever happened to Julie Swieca, Mike Murphy, Rob Goldman, Mike North or Chet Coppock?

Tune in to Sports Webio 2.0 and find out!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1195 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »

I'm inclined to agree. He's smart and I agree with some of his sports opinions, but man is he a condescending dickhole somedays.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1196 on: October 11, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 11, 2012, 01:26:24 PM

I'm inclined to agree. He's smart and I agree with some of his sports opinions, but man is he a condescending dickhole somedays.

That's what I like best about him. That and the old-school hip hop he plays coming back from breaks on B&B.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1197 on: October 11, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »

That's part of his charm.  98% of Chicago sports fans SHOULD be condescended too, because they are collectively dumber than a retarded labrador retriever.

And, uh, the other 2% are us!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1198 on: October 11, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2012, 01:53:37 PM

That's part of his charm.  98% of Chicago sports fans SHOULD be condescended too, because they are collectively dumber than a retarded labrador retriever.

And, uh, the other 2% are us!

I agree, they SHOULD be condescended, also.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1199 on: October 11, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

I stopped paying attention. Do I want to know what happened with Twitter?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?