News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,342 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1230 on: December 02, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 02, 2012, 03:04:23 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 02, 2012, 01:45:26 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Tim Ryan said earlier that Russell Wilson throws on the run like the second baseman for the Colorado Rockies.

Jonathan Herrera?

DJ LeMahieu?

He sounds angry when things don't go for Seattle.

Why you hate the Bears, Tim?

Also loved when they talked about how huge it was for Seattle to win the coin toss. No shit? Getting the ball first in overtime is huge? NO WAY.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: December 09, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
This evening, Milt advances his opinion, vis-à-vis gay marriage, that "we are depopulating the Western Caucasian nations." Nice work, four-eyes.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: March 04, 2013, 03:03:21 PM »
I don't know who the Angels' play-by-play man is, but he is annoying to listen to.

1. He criticized the Cubs' signing of Edwin Jackson to "a long-term deal" because of his career .500 win-loss record.
2. Albert Almora came to the plate and he had no idea who he was.  You should probably know who the #2 prospect in the other team's organization is if you're calling the game.  I'm sure Len Kasper knew who Mike Trout was a spring training or two ago.
3. He called the Cubs minor-league outfielder Chavez, who is tall, athletic, and black, "Soto" instead.  Soto is much shorter and light-skinned.
4. Best of all, the Angels put a reliever named Kobayashi in the game who is from Japan and pitched in Japan last year.  The Angels' voice wizard called him "the former Japanese pitcher."  Pretty sure he's still Japanese regardless of where he signs to play.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: March 04, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 04, 2013, 03:03:21 PM

4. Best of all, the Angels put a reliever named Kobayashi in the game who is from Japan and pitched in Japan last year.  The Angels' voice wizard called him "the former Japanese pitcher."  Pretty sure he's still Japanese regardless of where he signs to play.

Kobayashi hasn't been the same since this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 04, 2013, 03:07:31 PM

I think there's also a damn nerd Star Trek reference to be made here, but not by me. TEC? SKO?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: March 04, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »
Quote from: Bort on March 04, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

I think there's also a damn nerd Star Trek reference to be made here, but not by me. TEC? SKO?
Really? No Gil? And yeah, the Star Trek joke would be that he finds himself in a lot of unwinnable situations.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: March 04, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 04, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

Really? No Gil? And yeah, the Star Trek joke would be that he finds himself in a lot of unwinnable situations.

He was a great consigliere for Keyser Soze.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: March 04, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »

All he'd need to do would be to sneak in and reprogram that computer.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1238 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 04, 2013, 05:47:49 PM

He was a great consigliere for Keyser Soze.

...or the name on the bottom of a coffee cup.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1239 on: April 12, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »
I mean, because of course Hawk is included in here: http://deadspin.com/brian-kenny-loses-his-shit-on-hawk-harrelson-472678674

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1240 on: April 22, 2013, 11:05:55 PM »
From the sound of the call on this highlight, you'd think the Cubs were the reigning World Series champions and winners of 18 straight to start the season. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1241 on: April 23, 2013, 06:25:31 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 22, 2013, 11:05:55 PM
From the sound of the call on this highlight, you'd think the Cubs were the reigning World Series champions and winners of 18 straight to start the season. 

tHom needs to see a shrink.  He's got some serious issues with the Cubs.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1242 on: April 23, 2013, 06:34:52 AM »
DPD.  I really wanted Keith Moreland to be good.  He was one of my favorite players on the '84 Cubs and Santo set the bar so low in the booth I was looking forward to Zonk, but I can't take it anymore.  He's totally unlistenable and somehow seems to be getting worse.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1243 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 23, 2013, 06:34:52 AM
DPD.  I really wanted Keith Moreland to be good.  He was one of my favorite players on the '84 Cubs and Santo set the bar so low in the booth I was looking forward to Zonk, but I can't take it anymore.  He's totally unlistenable and somehow seems to be getting worse.

I liked last night when he pronounced Sam LeCure's last name as "liqueur."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1244 on: April 23, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 23, 2013, 06:34:52 AM

I'm wondering if it's a byproduct of watching shitty baseball.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.