News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,304 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1260 on: April 26, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 25, 2013, 09:40:42 PM
Speaking of Hub, has he not heard of the state of Oregon before?  He pronounces it like an alien.

Hub's not an alien?

Wow, this changes everything.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1261 on: April 28, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 23, 2013, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 23, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 23, 2013, 12:22:48 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 23, 2013, 11:45:17 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 23, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2013, 10:17:48 AM
In a town that has color guys like Hawk, Zonk, Edzo and Stacey King - Jim Deshaies is an absolute titan.

Hawk is a color guy? I'm asking seriously because I have no idea what he thinks he's doing.

He invented the batting glove, that grants him license to do whatever he wants.

There was a dude on our new Cody's team rocking a batting glove in practice the other day. He was a bit mentally challenged, so I said nothing. But one of our other guys wondered aloud about the possibility of wearing wide receiver gloves in 16" softball. I looked around for Fork, Huey, Oleg etc. and none of them were there. So I laid into the guy vehemently and said, absolutely fucking not. What the hell have I turned into?

Did you order him to get off your lawn?

He's older than me, so no. If any of the aforementioned were there, he would have been more thoroughly disparaged to be sure. I was about as condescending as I could manage though. 

I'm sorry I'm just getting to this now. What the fuck?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1262 on: April 28, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 28, 2013, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 23, 2013, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 23, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 23, 2013, 12:22:48 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 23, 2013, 11:45:17 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 23, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2013, 10:17:48 AM
In a town that has color guys like Hawk, Zonk, Edzo and Stacey King - Jim Deshaies is an absolute titan.

Hawk is a color guy? I'm asking seriously because I have no idea what he thinks he's doing.

He invented the batting glove, that grants him license to do whatever he wants.

There was a dude on our new Cody's team rocking a batting glove in practice the other day. He was a bit mentally challenged, so I said nothing. But one of our other guys wondered aloud about the possibility of wearing wide receiver gloves in 16" softball. I looked around for Fork, Huey, Oleg etc. and none of them were there. So I laid into the guy vehemently and said, absolutely fucking not. What the hell have I turned into?

Did you order him to get off your lawn?

He's older than me, so no. If any of the aforementioned were there, he would have been more thoroughly disparaged to be sure. I was about as condescending as I could manage though. 

I'm sorry I'm just getting to this now. What the fuck?

Wait, when did you get here?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1263 on: April 29, 2013, 04:30:47 PM »
Now that Jason Collins has made news as being the first active gay athlete in a big four North American professional sport, one should listen to all of the callers (and I presume fans) who make such declarations incredibly difficult in pro sports, i.e., pretty much anyone calling The Score right now on Boers and Bernstein.

There are equally horrible comments on pretty much every news story written about this as well, comments that I am desperately trying not to gil.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1264 on: April 29, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 29, 2013, 04:30:47 PM
Now that Jason Collins has made news as being the first active gay athlete in a big four North American professional sport, one should listen to all of the callers (and I presume fans) who make such declarations incredibly difficult in pro sports, i.e., pretty much anyone calling The Score right now on Boers and Bernstein.

There are equally horrible comments on pretty much every news story written about this as well, comments that I am desperately trying not to gil.

Don't be so gay.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1265 on: April 29, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »

Think what the reaction would have been had this happened 20 years ago.  Or even 10 years ago.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1266 on: April 29, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 29, 2013, 05:59:29 PM

Think what the reaction would have been had this happened 20 years ago.  Or even 10 years ago.

I imagine there'd be more spittle 20 years ago.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1267 on: May 03, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 23, 2013, 09:47:33 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 23, 2013, 06:34:52 AM
DPD.  I really wanted Keith Moreland to be good.  He was one of my favorite players on the '84 Cubs and Santo set the bar so low in the booth I was looking forward to Zonk, but I can't take it anymore.  He's totally unlistenable and somehow seems to be getting worse.

I liked last night when he pronounced Sam LeCure's last name as "liqueur."

Today he pronounced it "La Crew".
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1268 on: May 03, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 03, 2013, 03:32:46 PM
DPD.  I really wanted Keith Moreland to be good.  He was one of my favorite players on the '84 Cubs and Santo set the bar so low in the booth I was looking forward to Zonk, but I can't take it anymore.  He's totally unlistenable and somehow seems to be getting worse.

Everyone knows it's pronounced "LeBlah".
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1269 on: May 03, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 03, 2013, 04:09:38 PM
Quote from: PANK! on May 03, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Everyone knows it's pronounced "LeBlah".

LeBanzo Beanz
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1270 on: May 08, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »
WGN-AM just featured Yellon in the 7:30p-8p Sports Night segment. Fortunately, I was too distracted by an independent wave of dysphoria to realize what was happening until the very end.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1271 on: May 15, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Just heard some of the dumbest baseball talk I've listened to in a while.  After the Padres game on AM 1090 they were talking about Yasmani Grandal coming back after his suspension.  The guys concluded they didn't want the team to activate Grandal and "disrupt this 25-man family" (the Padres are 18-21) because backup catcher John Baker "adds a lot of value" (he's hitting .115/.233/.115) with his ability to "lead younger guys" and "heal guys like he has a red cross on his shoulder."  DFA his shitty ass and make him a trainer then.  The geniuses went on to decide that once the team eventually activates Grandal, they should invent an injury for Baker and stash him on the 15 day disabled list.  What happens after those 15 days was not addressed.  I'm assuming the 29 other teams would jump at the chance to claim a .115 hitting catcher/trainer/nurse, so passing him to Triple-A through waivers isn't an option.

Anyway.  What do you guys think about Jim Deshaies so far?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1272 on: May 15, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 15, 2013, 03:37:35 PM
Just heard some of the dumbest baseball talk I've listened to in a while.  After the Padres game on AM 1090 they were talking about Yasmani Grandal coming back after his suspension.  The guys concluded they didn't want the team to activate Grandal and "disrupt this 25-man family" (the Padres are 18-21) because backup catcher John Baker "adds a lot of value" (he's hitting .115/.233/.115) with his ability to "lead younger guys" and "heal guys like he has a red cross on his shoulder."  DFA his shitty ass and make him a trainer then.  The geniuses went on to decide that once the team eventually activates Grandal, they should invent an injury for Baker and stash him on the 15 day disabled list.  What happens after those 15 days was not addressed.  I'm assuming the 29 other teams would jump at the chance to claim a .115 hitting catcher/trainer/nurse, so passing him to Triple-A through waivers isn't an option.

Nick Hundley was vocally butthurt about the prospect of losing his starting gig to a "guy who had a couple good months on steroids." Nice fucking family.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1273 on: May 15, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 15, 2013, 03:45:53 PM

Nick Hundley was vocally butthurt about the prospect of losing his starting gig to a "guy who had a couple good months on steroids." Nice fucking family.

Hrm?

QuoteHundley is not related to former Major League Baseball catchers Randy or Todd Hundley.[9] Hundley's father, Tim, is a former assistant football coach at UCLA, Colorado, Washington, UTEP, and Oregon State.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1274 on: May 15, 2013, 04:16:22 PM »

Vanilla has never been my favorite flavor.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)