News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,345 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1290 on: July 21, 2013, 08:36:23 PM »
Wait, was Al on the radio?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1291 on: July 21, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 21, 2013, 08:36:23 PM
Wait, was Al on the radio?

He's done a few spots. Always badly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1292 on: July 22, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
I saw a story about Glenallen Hill managing Colorado Springs, so I looked this up.  I quickly forgot about Glenallen and remembered how bad Chip is at his job.

This also completely makes me forget about the times when Len gets a little too shouty.  Thanks, Chip.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1293 on: July 22, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 22, 2013, 01:04:45 PM
I saw a story about Glenallen Hill managing Colorado Springs, so I looked this up.  I quickly forgot about Glenallen and remembered how bad Chip is at his job.

This also completely makes me forget about the times when Len gets a little too shouty.  Thanks, Chip.

I have extremely mixed feelings about this post.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1294 on: July 22, 2013, 02:12:41 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 22, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

Forget it. It's SterlingTown.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1295 on: July 22, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 22, 2013, 02:12:41 PM

Whore Island, it is not.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1296 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 22, 2013, 03:32:43 PM

Whore Island, it is not.

The whole island?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1297 on: July 22, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »

Whore Island, it is not.

That's why we have Tijuana.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1298 on: July 22, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 22, 2013, 05:07:06 PM

Whore Island, it is not.

The whole island?

It's a big island.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1299 on: July 26, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 09:10:53 PM
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2012, 08:01:42 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 07:54:37 PM
Quote from: thehawk on June 08, 2012, 01:31:13 PM
NPR about to get a little more unlistenable....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-car-talks-click-and-clack-ends-20120608,0,6435664.story

It was the beginning of the end when Torey Malatia moved it from noon to 9 a.m. Sooner or later, he kills everything he touches. But, really, "live"? The callers are prearranged, and last I heard it was taped on Thursday evenings over 90 minutes and then edited down.

I wish I could say I had begun to wonder what had had hppened to Wheezer's references to Torey Malatia, but I cannot.  Still, I'm glad to see them again.

Who wants to hear this goddamned cacophony at 9 a.m. on a Saturday? If you think Malatia's chubby little knob-twiddling fingers didn't initiate this trend, you're insane. It was the preface to the calculated, NPR bought-and-paid-for shitting-on of Feldman that resulted from this weasel's briefly having currency thanks to fucking over Gary Covino. Yeah, well now you've got a transmitter tower in Indiana broadcasting shit that nobody but nobody wants to listen to, but which you preposterously try to inseminate Saturday nights with, apparently having just completely given up on radio fecundity, millions of dollars of wasted pledge dollars and goodwill, and the third-largest DMA in the fucking country acting as an outpost for the fucking CBC, you taste-free sack of shit. For G-d's sake, they give away "A Way with Words" for fucking free. You think WILL wouldn't cut you a deal to air Bob McChesney? Why did it take you two years to notice that the PDFs of your crappy program schedule were being unreadably posted with the crop marks intact? The Coast Guard should plow a barge into Navy Pier at its earliest convenience that coincides with the next cucumber-sandwich party.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=599030726786043&id=175146445841142

Quote from: Robert FederWBEZ BOMBSHELL: TOREY MALATIA RESIGNS

Torey Malatia, a visionary public radio programmer and controversial leader who transformed WBEZ 91.5 FM in his 20 years with parent company Chicago Public Media, resigned Friday as president and chief executive officer.

Sources said Malatia, 61, met with the board of directors of the nonprofit institution Friday morning to finalize details of his departure. A WBEZ staff meeting has been called for 1 p.m. Friday, at which the official announcement is expected to be made.

Although the news was unexpected, Malatia's relations with the board had become increasingly difficult in recent years, according to insiders. While a search for Malatia's successor is under way, sources said, Alison Scholly, chief operating officer of Chicago Public Media, is expected to serve as interim CEO.

A west suburban Oak Park native who designed and led the Beethoven Satellite Network at WFMT 98.7 FM, Malatia joined WBEZ as vice president of programming in 1993. He was promoted to president and general manager of the station in 1996.

Under his leadership, WBEZ eliminated jazz and other music from its format to focus entirely on news, talk and public affairs programming. He created the Peabody Award-winning public radio series "This American Life" with Ira Glass and was instrumental in developing "Wait, Wait. . . Don't Tell Me!," a co-production with National Public Radio.

Among his most controversial initiatives was the launch of Vocalo, a radio station and web site designed to appeal to a younger audience.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1300 on: September 14, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
Finally, Line Drive Base Hit Caught Out There has a brother.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1301 on: September 15, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
I know it's been said before but...

tHom.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1302 on: September 15, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
And they cut to halftime with 1:11 left. Between Th-om and the technically issues not related to what comes out of Franchester's son's mouth, this might be the worst sports broadcast I've ever seen.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1303 on: September 15, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »

tHom promises, promises they're working on it.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1304 on: September 27, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
Pat "Bob In Niles" Quinn, stealing Len's job today.