News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,321 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1305 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »
Jeff Joniak. Good fucking Christ this guy is awful. Was stuck in the car yesterday for all of regulation after the delay, and I'd say he provides the down, distance, yardage and time on roughly 7% of plays. From about the 5 minute mark until the 2 minute warning of the Ravens final drive, he gave the listener no indication as to what how much time was left. He'd rather spend time dispensing his utterly fucking pointless factoids (DID YOU KNOW: Vonta Leach has started the most consecutive games of any active fullback?? NOBODY CARES YOU GODDAMN DOLT.) than I don't know, telling the listener how many yards were gained on the last play. At one point in the 2nd half he thought it was 3rd down for the Bears, then was kind of shocked to see Podlesh on the field oh shit wait IT'S ACTUALLY 4TH DOWN.

Tom Thayer. Trips over his words like he's never done a broadcast before. Spends half the broadcast talking about where offensive linemen should place their hands to avoid holding calls and how defensive lineman should watch the ball instead of listening to the snap count and god fucking dammit I played offensive line in high school and even I don't give a shit about this stuff.

PLEASE FIRE THESE ASSHOLES OR BUILD ME A SELF-DRIVING CAR WITH A TV IN THE WINDSHIELD.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1306 on: November 18, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 18, 2013, 08:57:21 AM
Jeff Joniak. Good fucking Christ this guy is awful. Was stuck in the car yesterday for all of regulation after the delay, and I'd say he provides the down, distance, yardage and time on roughly 7% of plays. From about the 5 minute mark until the 2 minute warning of the Ravens final drive, he gave the listener no indication as to what how much time was left. He'd rather spend time dispensing his utterly fucking pointless factoids (DID YOU KNOW: Vonta Leach has started the most consecutive games of any active fullback?? NOBODY CARES YOU GODDAMN DOLT.) than I don't know, telling the listener how many yards were gained on the last play. At one point in the 2nd half he thought it was 3rd down for the Bears, then was kind of shocked to see Podlesh on the field oh shit wait IT'S ACTUALLY 4TH DOWN.

Tom Thayer. Trips over his words like he's never done a broadcast before. Spends half the broadcast talking about where offensive linemen should place their hands to avoid holding calls and how defensive lineman should watch the ball instead of listening to the snap count and god fucking dammit I played offensive line in high school and even I don't give a shit about this stuff.

PLEASE FIRE THESE ASSHOLES OR BUILD ME A SELF-DRIVING CAR WITH A TV IN THE WINDSHIELD.

beefy

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1307 on: November 18, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 18, 2013, 08:57:21 AM

But he yells TOUCHED DOWN, TOUCHED DOWN BEARS! and DEVIN HESTER YOU R REDICULUS, who would you rather have Joe Buck I don't think so folks.  /pftcommenter
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1308 on: December 05, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »
Has anybody else heard Jim Gray's weekly radio interviews with Tom Brady before the Monday night or Thursday night games? They sound like a deleted scene from Leave it to Beaver. They're just so.... nice. It's sickening.

Tonight they talked about Brady's kid's letters to Santa and Nelson Mandela.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1309 on: December 06, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »
Quote from: Tony on December 05, 2013, 09:24:29 PM
Has anybody else heard Jim Gray's weekly radio interviews with Tom Brady before the Monday night or Thursday night games? They sound like a deleted scene from Leave it to Beaver. They're just so.... nice. It's sickening.

He did this for a while with Larry Fitzgerald also, when Larry was going back to school to get his degree.

They were so awkwardly cheesy I was always half-sure it was a bit. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1310 on: December 06, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 06, 2013, 11:17:57 AM

He did this for a while with Larry Fitzgerald also, when Larry was going back to school to get his degree.

I've accidentally heard about three of them. Your assessment is dead-on. They're basically corporate-sponsored commercials. Macy's I think. Larry's were sponsored by U of Phoenix. Absolutely pointless, even if you're the biggest Brady dong-chuggar this side of Bill Simmons. If either party actually said something interesting during the exchanges, the sponsors would probably shit themselves and pull the ads.

It really bugs me how canned and edited they sound. There is a millisecond pause between Gray's questions and the start of Brady's answers, leading me to believe they edited out the actual space and any uh's or breaths that Brady may have emitted before his pat response.

In a way, it's actually a tiny bit insulting to listen to. But my commute is like 8 minutes from the gym to the house and if the other station's on commercial, well...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1311 on: December 06, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 06, 2013, 12:34:09 PM

I've accidentally heard about three of them. Your assessment is dead-on. They're basically corporate-sponsored commercials. Macy's I think. Larry's were sponsored by U of Phoenix. Absolutely pointless, even if you're the biggest Brady dong-chuggar this side of Bill Simmons. If either party actually said something interesting during the exchanges, the sponsors would probably shit themselves and pull the ads.

It really bugs me how canned and edited they sound. There is a millisecond pause between Gray's questions and the start of Brady's answers, leading me to believe they edited out the actual space and any uh's or breaths that Brady may have emitted before his pat response.

In a way, it's actually a tiny bit insulting to listen to. But my commute is like 8 minutes from the gym to the house and if the other station's on commercial, well...

Is it the sports radio equivalent to "Entertainers with Byron Allen"?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1312 on: December 06, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2013, 02:31:21 PM

Back to sports: Is it more or less useless than Ron Santo's pregame manager interviews?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1313 on: December 07, 2013, 10:23:54 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 06, 2013, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2013, 02:31:21 PM

Back to sports: Is it more or less useless than Ron Santo's pregame manager interviews?

More due to the lack of unintentional hilarity that could ensue whenever Ron was on the mic.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1314 on: February 19, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
Anyone giving THE GAME a shot this week? I'm curious how the locals are reacting. All I know is they worked super hard on their logo.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1315 on: February 20, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 19, 2014, 09:24:50 PM
Anyone giving THE GAME a shot this week? I'm curious how the locals are reacting. All I know is they worked super hard on their logo.

Do you love Jonathan Brandmeier, Buzz Killman, and every c-lister who appeared on a WLUP show during the late 80's?

THEN HAVE I GOT A STATION FOR YOU

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1316 on: February 20, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 20, 2014, 10:46:38 AM

Do you love Jonathan Brandmeier, Buzz Killman, and every c-lister who appeared on a WLUP show during the late 80's?

This guy (who was retweeted by the Game — the Chicago one, not the San Francisco station by the same name) apparently just moved to Chicago this week.  I hope he's ready for some hot sports takes.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1317 on: February 20, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 20, 2014, 10:53:05 AM

This guy (who was retweeted by the Game — the Chicago one, not the San Francisco station by the same name) apparently just moved to Chicago this week.  I hope he's ready for some hot sports takes.

Who is on your NBA Mount Rushmore? CUTTING EDGE SPORTZ

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1318 on: February 20, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 20, 2014, 11:11:07 AM

Pearl Washington, Richard Jefferson, T.R. Dunn, and ... shit.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1319 on: February 20, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 20, 2014, 11:21:45 AM
Quote from: CT III on February 20, 2014, 11:11:07 AM

Pearl Washington, Richard Jefferson, T.R. Dunn, and ... shit.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

Can I just have Darryl Dawkins 4 times?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16