News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,307 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1515 on: March 12, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »
The Dodgers broadcast pulled off the impressive feat of getting three things wrong within two minutes. They first said the Cubs have recently learned how to draft because they've been drafting awful and then turned it around and started drafting smarter. Kind of true, but Theo says hi. Then they renamed Albert Almora "Alberto Almora." And to top it off they said Almora is playing because Jason Heyward is taking the day off. Might want to ask someone what "split squad" means, guys.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1516 on: March 13, 2016, 04:19:29 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 12, 2016, 09:07:56 PM
The Dodgers broadcast pulled off the impressive feat of getting three things wrong within two minutes. They first said the Cubs have recently learned how to draft because they've been drafting awful and then turned it around and started drafting smarter. Kind of true, but Theo says hi. Then they renamed Albert Almora "Alberto Almora." And to top it off they said Almora is playing because Jason Heyward is taking the day off. Might want to ask someone what "split squad" means, guys.

You were probably still better off than listening to insufferable asshat Steve Stone in the other game.  I've never heard a commentator make it more about himself.  He was fucking horrible.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1517 on: March 13, 2016, 12:37:10 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 13, 2016, 04:19:29 AM

You were probably still better off than listening to insufferable asshat Steve Stone in the other game.  I've never heard a commentator make it more about himself.  He was fucking horrible.

I think I was too busy marveling at Not Hawk Harrelson to notice.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1518 on: March 13, 2016, 12:39:54 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 13, 2016, 12:37:10 PM

I don't know who the guy was, but he was such a huge Stone-enabler that it was almost worse than Hawk.  Just horrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1519 on: March 13, 2016, 12:58:48 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 13, 2016, 12:39:54 PM

I don't know who the guy was, but he was such a huge Stone-enabler that it was almost worse than Hawk.  Just horrible.

No. Jason Bennetti was almost listenable. He (an actual Flossmoor native) didn't go all homer rah-rah on his White Sox, yet you could tell it was their hometown call. He engaged Stone a lot, but cut the guy some slack. He's going to have to work with him 81 games!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1520 on: March 13, 2016, 01:37:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 13, 2016, 12:58:48 PM

No. Jason Bennetti was almost listenable. He (an actual Flossmoor native) didn't go all homer rah-rah on his White Sox, yet you could tell it was their hometown call. He engaged Stone a lot, but cut the guy some slack. He's going to have to work with him 81 games!

Er, yes.  My problem was that he spent much of the game engaging Stone to talk about Stone.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1521 on: March 13, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 13, 2016, 01:37:06 PM

Er, yes.  My problem was that he spent much of the game engaging Stone to talk about Stone.

I thought Benetti was actually pretty good. I missed all the Stone-on-Stone talk though. The Stone parts I heard were pretty much all about the Cubs. Which was nice.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1522 on: March 13, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

You might say it was Said In Stone.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1523 on: March 14, 2016, 07:47:14 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 13, 2016, 04:54:22 PM

You might say it was Said In Stone.

I never understood Yeti's beef with Stan Crewsett on Twitter, but then during that game he was talking about how brilliant Steve Stone was and how some team would probably pay him millions to leave the booth and run their scouting department and I am now converted. Fuck Stan. I can see why a guy who writes for Wrigleyville BP would be impressed by Stone's pseudo-scout pretentious bullshit, though.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1524 on: March 14, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »

Honestly I was so relieved that it wasn't Hawk that I was fine with it. 

I've learned to selectively tune Stone out so all in all I enjoyed the broadcast.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1525 on: March 14, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »

I thought he was fine. I'm also not expecting a guy new to the job to be Vin Scully.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1526 on: March 18, 2016, 02:00:53 AM »
Jon SCIAMbi is SO anNOYing with his STUpid NAsal OVERproNOUNced CALL.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1527 on: March 18, 2016, 02:04:23 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 18, 2016, 02:00:53 AM
Jon SCIAMbi is SO anNOYing with his STUpid NAsal OVERproNOUNced CALL.

The Cubs played HAIR-uh-ZONE-na yesterday, guys.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1529 on: April 21, 2016, 10:15:39 AM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck