News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: District 9  ( 5,238 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: District 9
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »
Saw this over the weekend.  Eh.  No jubblies.  But, some rockin' alilen guns.  Nobody noteable in the cast.  The idea that the aliens are subservient to humans is sort of novel, though.  I saw it on blu ray, so I guess it was worth the cost of the rental just to see the special effects.  The main guy's wife is hot.  I thought the ending kind of left the door open for a sequel.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 28, 2009, 08:06:25 AM
Saw this over the weekend.  Eh.  No jubblies.  But, some rockin' alilen guns.  Nobody noteable in the cast.  The idea that the aliens are subservient to humans is sort of novel, though.  I saw it on blu ray, so I guess it was worth the cost of the rental just to see the special effects.  The main guy's wife is hot.  I thought the ending kind of left the door open for a sequel.

Yeah, I forgot to comment. I saw this for the first time as well this weekend and loved it. It was a really good story and they did a good job of getting sympathy for Christopher Johnson and his oddly cute kid. I don't see how there won't be a District 10. Wikus was a fucking bitch though. Hard to root for him, to be honest.

Goddamn Nigerians eh?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 05:23:22 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 28, 2009, 09:24:46 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 28, 2009, 08:06:25 AM

Yeah, I forgot to comment. I saw this for the first time as well this weekend and loved it. It was a really good story and they did a good job of getting sympathy for Christopher Johnson and his oddly cute kid. I don't see how there won't be a District 10. Wikus was a fucking bitch though. Hard to root for him, to be honest.

Goddamn Nigerians eh?

I saw this too.  It was real to me dammit. 

It was a sweet movie.  District 10 will be out in 3 years.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.