News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Date Night  ( 1,570 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Date Night
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
As usual there are a lot of movies playing that I just have no interest in seeing.  So how bad could a movie with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey be?  It is not only not bad, this is a very entertaining movie.  I went to it thinking that I had seen all of the funny scenes in the ads on tv.  I was wrong.   Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis made a similar movie years ago called "The Out Of Towners".  This is funnier.  If you think that you have seen all the ways that a car chase could be filmed, wait until you see this one.  If you think that Tina Fey is just not sexy, you are right, but you can't have everything in a movie.  There is a good supporting cast.  The black boarder from "Curb Your Enthusiasm", whose name I should know but don't.  James Franco has a hilarious scene.  This movie is unrealistic, a little stodgy, and a good way to spend $8.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Date Night
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »
I've always liked looking at Tina Fey and have always refused to apologize for it.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 07:37:23 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 18, 2010, 07:05:57 PM
If you think that Tina Fey is just not sexy, you are right, but you can't have everything in a movie. 

Thank you, Stew.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 18, 2010, 07:05:57 PM
The black boarder from "Curb Your Enthusiasm", whose name I should know but don't. 

JB Smoove

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
Wife and I saw this movie this weekend. Very unrealistic in parts (didn't like) but very funny (did like). James Franco and Mark Walhberg made the most funnies. The sechs robot scene was very humor inducing. I find Mila Kunis really attractive. I found it very amusing and refuse to apologize for it.