News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Winter Olympics 2010  ( 34,305 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Winter Olympics 2010
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 12, 2010, 07:37:27 PM
Is Lindsey Vonn hot or just Olympic hot? I'm leaning toward the latter - I don't think she's anything special. Just happens to be a thin blonde who wears a ton of make up.

I don't know, but this "We Are The World" cover may actually be more insufferable than the original.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 12, 2010, 07:42:25 PM
Is Lindsey Vonn hot or just Olympic hot? I'm leaning toward the latter - I don't think she's anything special. Just happens to be a thin blonde who wears a ton of make up.

I haven't been watching any TV for the past month or so, but when did homeliness become an Olympic sport?

Proof! Thanks - I feel good about my decision.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 12, 2010, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 12, 2010, 07:42:25 PM

I haven't been watching any TV for the past month or so, but when did homeliness become an Olympic sport?

Proof! Thanks - I feel good about my decision.

I'm going with incredible body and hot. Anybody can take one bad picture.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 12, 2010, 06:49:25 PM
You know, I do blame Canada for this.

Georgian luger dies after horrifying crash at Whistler track.

Especially when there are METAL POLES ON THE TRACK.

Oh, and not letting the athletes practice at the facilities before the games, because of some stupid jingoistic ideal that I thought was beneath them.

QuoteRaney, who spent more than seven years living in Canada and training with the Canadian national team, was told after the 2006 Olympics that the Canadians did not want foreign athletes training with them leading to the 2010 Games in Vancouver.

QuoteThe target is 35 medals, 11 more than Canada won in 2006 in Turin, Italy. Canada's Own the Podium program is pumping $110 million into the medal push, focusing on athletes most likely to finish in the top three. Alpine skiers, for example, are being counted on to win two medals. Besides gold medals in hockey and curling, Canada expects big hauls from speedskating and the sliding sports.

Own the Podium emphasizes the advantage gained by giving athletes time to acclimate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/21/sports/21olympics.html?_r=1

1. Build an insanely over-the-limit course.
2. Only allow your guys to practice on it because of some stupid idea.
3. Eliminate the competition...literally.
6. PROFIT.

Fuck Canada.

I have no problem with most of this, but I find the complaint--here and elsewhere--that having exposed metal poles, or at the least, unpadded metal poles, faulty.  If you're whizzing around at 90 miles an hour it wouldn't matter what the hell was surrounding the track.  You'd be pretty much dead--or at least a brain-dead PANK eating food out of a straw for the rest of your life-- if you drifted off course at that speed.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 12, 2010, 09:12:47 PM

Oh, and not letting the athletes practice at the facilities before the games, because of some stupid jingoistic ideal that I thought was beneath them.

QuoteRaney, who spent more than seven years living in Canada and training with the Canadian national team, was told after the 2006 Olympics that the Canadians did not want foreign athletes training with them leading to the 2010 Games in Vancouver.

QuoteThe target is 35 medals, 11 more than Canada won in 2006 in Turin, Italy. Canada's Own the Podium program is pumping $110 million into the medal push, focusing on athletes most likely to finish in the top three. Alpine skiers, for example, are being counted on to win two medals. Besides gold medals in hockey and curling, Canada expects big hauls from speedskating and the sliding sports.

Own the Podium emphasizes the advantage gained by giving athletes time to acclimate.

6. PROFIT.

Fuck Canada.

I have no problem with most of this, but I find the complaint--here and elsewhere--that having exposed metal poles, or at the least, unpadded metal poles, faulty.  If you're whizzing around at 90 miles an hour it wouldn't matter what the hell was surrounding the track.  You'd be pretty much dead--or at least a brain-dead PANK eating food out of a straw for the rest of your life-- if you drifted off course at that speed.

See, at first, I kind of agreed with that sentiment, but imagine if there was a wall in place, other than these poles.  Sure, he'd probably be paralyzed, but that's better than not being alive.

Then, he can compete in the Paraylmpic Winter Games!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 12, 2010, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: MAD on February 12, 2010, 09:12:47 PM

6. PROFIT.

Fuck Canada.

See, at first, I kind of agreed with that sentiment, but imagine if there was a wall in place, other than these poles.  Sure, he'd probably be paralyzed, but that's better than not being alive.

Then, he can compete in the Paraylmpic Winter Games!

Why don't they just build the entire luger out of exposed metal poles!?!?!?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »

6. PROFIT.

Fuck Canada.

Dude, relax.  He was just from Georgia the country, not Georgia the hick US State.  'sides.  The pole was Canada's way of stepping up the excitement.  It's the Olympics... with death traps. 
M'lady.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 11:25:27 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 12, 2010, 09:06:15 PM

She's good looking.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 11:29:25 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 12, 2010, 11:25:27 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 12, 2010, 09:06:15 PM

She's good looking.

Still outclassed by the female Winter Olympians from Argentina and Chile.

Adding: Lindsey Vonn isn't a snowboarder. Who's that?

Adding more: that's Hanna Teter.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 11:33:38 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 12, 2010, 07:51:37 PM

I don't know, but this "We Are The World" cover may actually be more insufferable than the original.

"We Are the World" is nowhere near as bad as Bob Geldof's failure to realize that, yes, Ethiopia probably had a really fucking good idea that it was Christmas.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 12, 2010, 11:33:38 PM
Quote from: CT III on February 12, 2010, 07:51:37 PM

"We Are the World" is nowhere near as bad as Bob Geldof's failure to realize that, yes, Ethiopia probably had a really fucking good idea that it was Christmas.

I don't know if I'm getting smarter or if Wheezer's talking down for my benefit, but...awesome.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 12, 2010, 09:57:04 PM

6. PROFIT.

Fuck Canada.

Dude, relax.  He was just from Georgia the country, not Georgia the hick US State.  'sides.  The pole was Canada's way of stepping up the excitement.  It's the Olympics... with death traps. 

Yeah, I was mostly doing it to get your goat.

And I don't know about you, but Georgia, home of American peach production and President Jimmy Carter ["He's history's greatest monster!"], is the first place I think of when I see the name Nodar Kumaritashvili.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 12:26:02 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 13, 2010, 12:23:46 AM
And I don't know about you, but Georgia, home of American peach production and President Jimmy Carter ["He's history's greatest monster!"], is the first place I think of when I see the name Nodar Kumaritashvili.

Racist.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 01:15:40 AM »
DPD. I think there is some chance that the Cocker-Pavarotti instantiation gets short shrift.

[Plus, the long shots of the audience are like a tray of Lit'l Smokies that has been forgotten on the back porch.]

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 02:32:59 AM »
On a complete side note, how much sex do you think there is to be had at an Olympics, even the Winter Games?