News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,589 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1125 on: December 19, 2015, 10:15:14 PM »
I hate the MLBTR Post Generator Bot 5000 sometimes.

QuoteInciarte, 25, was largely unheralded as a prospect but has batted a combined .292/.329/.386 in his first two Major League seasons, including a stellar .303/.338/.408 line in 2015.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1126 on: December 24, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
QuoteI got back my various numbers from the physical I mentioned earlier in the week, and I was pretty disappointed. Despite (I think) eating better in the past year and (I know) exercising much more – which combined to help me drop 15 pounds since last December – my cholesterol was actually substantially up from last year. The "good" cholesterol was up a little bit, so that's fine, but the "bad" cholesterol was way up. And that feels like BS. I'm still within the healthy range (barely), but it's a little disheartening. I'm a results guy. I always liked getting grades in school. It's like I put in a year of work and my grades went down.

But I feel better than last year. I know I'm healthier than last year. I'm still within the "healthy" range on this stuff, and it's really only one small indicator of overall wellness. That's the most important thing, I think. OK. I'm good now.

Thank you for tuning in to Brett's Medical Hour.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1127 on: December 28, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 24, 2015, 05:09:25 PM
QuoteI got back my various numbers from the physical I mentioned earlier in the week, and I was pretty disappointed. Despite (I think) eating better in the past year and (I know) exercising much more – which combined to help me drop 15 pounds since last December – my cholesterol was actually substantially up from last year. The "good" cholesterol was up a little bit, so that's fine, but the "bad" cholesterol was way up. And that feels like BS. I'm still within the healthy range (barely), but it's a little disheartening. I'm a results guy. I always liked getting grades in school. It's like I put in a year of work and my grades went down.

But I feel better than last year. I know I'm healthier than last year. I'm still within the "healthy" range on this stuff, and it's really only one small indicator of overall wellness. That's the most important thing, I think. OK. I'm good now.

The way you feel about Brett's work is similar to the way some, myself most certainly, have felt about your own contributions to this messageboard. It's very close to being too much all the time and while I've learned to live with it, I don't care to follow you around critiquing your flood of thoughts into this space. It's not healthy, I have other shit to do and you're not going to change very much.

What I'll do is offer you the comparison and hope that maybe you'll use it constructively. Happy New Year. 
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1128 on: December 28, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 28, 2015, 08:47:32 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 24, 2015, 05:09:25 PM

The way you feel about Brett's work is similar to the way some, myself most certainly, have felt about your own contributions to this messageboard. It's very close to being too much all the time and while I've learned to live with it, I don't care to follow you around critiquing your flood of thoughts into this space. It's not healthy, I have other shit to do and you're not going to change very much.

What I'll do is offer you the comparison and hope that maybe you'll use it constructively. Happy New Year. 

Or, as I like to put it: it's fairly easy not to read things.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1129 on: December 28, 2015, 12:57:10 PM »
I'm sorry for forcing you to follow me around critiquing my flood of thoughts (?). I'm also sorry for forcing you to read the thread of things we find unreadable against your will where you unexpectedly were confronted with something someone found unreadable. And I'm sorry you don't find the bizarrely personal introductions to news about the Cubs as out-of-place and therefore funny as I do. And I'm sorry for posting it in the space where posting unreadable things (like this post) is clearly unexpected and not allowed. Are you okay?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1130 on: December 28, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 28, 2015, 12:57:10 PM
I'm sorry for forcing you to follow me around critiquing my flood of thoughts (?). I'm also sorry for forcing you to read the thread of things we find unreadable against your will where you unexpectedly were confronted with something someone found unreadable. And I'm sorry you don't find the bizarrely personal introductions to news about the Cubs as out-of-place and therefore funny as I do. And I'm sorry for posting it in the space where posting unreadable things (like this post) is clearly unexpected and not allowed. Are you okay?

You know what? Nevermind.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1131 on: December 28, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 28, 2015, 01:02:07 PM

You know what? Nevermind.

Very well. Hope you get/are getting/got that job, or if not then something better.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1132 on: December 28, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »

Now imagine Brett saying this to you.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1133 on: December 28, 2015, 01:52:24 PM »

I want people injecting their personal lives into sports writing to be limited to their travel woes. That's always a hoot.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1134 on: December 28, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 28, 2015, 01:52:24 PM

I want people injecting their personal lives into sports writing to be limited to their travel woes. That's always a hoot.

Big Peter King fan, I take it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1135 on: December 28, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 28, 2015, 01:41:14 PM

I did, and I thanked him for pointing out that all my personal stories don't really belong on my Cubs news aggregation site and I can get more readers by staying focused on the site's stated mission. Everything is fine now.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1136 on: December 28, 2015, 07:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 28, 2015, 02:10:29 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 28, 2015, 01:41:14 PM

I did, and I thanked him for pointing out that all my personal stories don't really belong on my Cubs news aggregation site and I can get more readers by staying focused on the site's stated mission. Everything is fine now.

He has like 50,000 Twitter followers, gets more pageviews than any other Cubs site and has been able to make the blog his full-time job. It's entirely possible that the personal angle -- meaning, that people feel like they know and maybe even like Brett -- is part of the reason for that.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1137 on: December 28, 2015, 07:32:41 PM »

Just spitballing here, but if you guys don't like Brett, why not start your own Cubs site?

Any moron can start a sports blog.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1138 on: December 28, 2015, 07:36:27 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 28, 2015, 07:32:41 PM

Just spitballing here, but if you guys don't like Brett, why not start your own Cubs site?

I've started and quit more blogs than I care to count.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1139 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2015, 07:36:27 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 28, 2015, 07:32:41 PM

I've started and quit more blogs than I care to count.

Yeah, but isn't it time for another?