News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread  ( 51,362 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 10, 2011, 11:02:12 PM
Quote from: Brownie on March 10, 2011, 10:12:54 PM
OK, Apex, you win. They're pretty fucking insignificant.

Go Vanderbilt?

Or Butler.

I can get behind Butler. Hell, if it comes down to a handful of teams and Purdue for the National Championships, I'd even get behind Purdue.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2011, 02:32:09 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 11, 2011, 02:01:18 PM

Go Vanderbilt?

Or Butler.

I can get behind Butler. Hell, if it comes down to a handful of teams and Purdue for the National Championships, I'd even get behind Purdue.

I'm guessing it gets down to 64 with Purdue one of them.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
Illinois is insignificant right now.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2011, 04:36:32 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 11, 2011, 02:32:09 PM
Quote from: Brownie on March 11, 2011, 02:01:18 PM

Go Vanderbilt?

Or Butler.

I'm guessing it gets down to 64 with Purdue one of them.

Thanks, Chuck. I meant that there are a handful of teams that I'd probably root for Purdue to beat if it were for the National Championship.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 11, 2011, 03:27:08 PM

So very, very much so.

Bruce is probably safe right? But what do you think? One more year or else?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 11, 2011, 04:54:01 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 11, 2011, 03:27:08 PM

So very, very much so.

Bruce is probably safe right? But what do you think? One more year or else?

I've honestly stopped watching. Barely paid attention this year. This is pretty bottom of barrel though. People are really going to start calling for his head this offseason I'd guess.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
Do not fuck with Tom Izzo in March.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 12, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Do not fuck with Tom Izzo in March.

Unless you're Penn State, that is.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »
Best case/worst case for a couple of Desip favorites.

QuoteIllinois (9)
Best Case: Unsatisfying, underachieving season takes a turn at the 11th hour, when a team led in scoring by three seniors finally finds its sense of urgency. Demetri McCamey racks up 20 points and 10 assists against UNLV. Then, in the Jilted Fan Base Jihad Game against Bill Self and Kansas, coach Bruce Weber devises a brilliant game plan to neutralize the Morris twins and the Illini score their biggest win since 2005. They then defeat Louisville to reach the final eight before losing to Notre Dame. Weber is freshly appreciated by Illinois fans. As an added bonus, coach Bruce Pearl and Tennessee are routed in their first game and Pearl is given a one-year show-cause penalty.

Worst Case: Unsatisfying, underachieving season continues on same dismal path for 40 more minutes, when senior-led team loses ugly to UNLV -- coached by another former Illinois boss, Lon Kruger. Illini go 6½ minutes without scoring in the middle of the second half to blow an eight-point lead and lose by two when 7-foot-1 Mike Tisdale turns a low-post catch into a fadeaway 18-footer that misses at the buzzer. Tired of looking at the skinny upper bodies of Tisdale, Bill Cole and Mike Davis, and tired of listening to fans call for his job, Weber at least changes strength coaches. Meanwhile, Self wins another title and Pearl goes to the Final Four.

QuotePurdue (3)
Best Case: This was supposed to be a special season, and despite the roadblocks it ends that way. Losing Robbie Hummel didn't derail the Boilermakers, and neither do consecutive bad losses to Iowa and Michigan State to end the season. This is a veteran team that had its eyes on the Big Dance all along, and it's ready to show it. Purdue grabs Saint Peter's by the throat from the opening tip, beats fatigued USC in its second game, then takes down Notre Dame in a northwest Indiana battle relocated to San Antonio. From there, Purdue beats Louisville in the regional final, reaching its first Final Four since 1980. Stellar seniors JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore get enough help from their supporting cast. Boilers lose to Pittsburgh in Houston, but know they maximized their ability. And maximized the misery of Indiana fans everywhere.

Worst Case: Season that began badly ends that way, too. Those stumbles against the Hawkeyes and Spartans weren't a blip, they were flashing warning lights. Johnson and Moore can't get good help, and the Saint Peter's defense tilts heavily to stopping them. Peacocks pull off the biggest of all 2011 early-round shockers on a banked-in 3 at the buzzer. Four years of big dreams end in an opening-game nightmare. Former coach Gene Keady gets to the Final Four as an assistant coach at St. John's, saying he had to get away from West Lafayette, Ind., to finally reach the last weekend of the season. In-state neighbor Notre Dame makes the Final Four as well. Indiana fans point at the Assembly Hall rafters and invite the Boilermakers to compare banners.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2011, 02:04:13 PM »
Scott Martin looks like the Rib Kid.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »
Well, one sentence down for the Illinois best case scenario, as Tennessee was beyond routed this afternoon...

All indications are that Weber's job is safe and he'll get next year. Beyond that? That's a pretty big question at this point.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »
Quote from: BC on March 18, 2011, 07:23:11 PM
Well, one sentence down for the Illinois best case scenario, as Tennessee was beyond routed this afternoon...

All indications are that Weber's job is safe and he'll get next year. Beyond that? That's a pretty big question at this point.

You could do political analysis, too.  All indications are that Obama's job is safe and he'll get next year.  Beyond that?  That's a pretty big question at this point.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
Jesus - Illinois just blew the doors off of UNLV in the first half. Did not see that coming. However, BC was dead on in his pre-game prediction that there would be points scored in the first half and someone would be leading.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 18, 2011, 09:01:56 PM
Jesus - Illinois just blew the doors off of UNLV in the first half. Did not see that coming. However, BC was dead on in his pre-game prediction that there would be points scored in the first half and someone would be leading.

That first half is just another example of what ticks me off about the Illini this year. They will show up like this maybe once every six or seven games and dominate. The rest of the time? Either they don't show up at all, or they play decently before choking it away in the end.

Not feeling all that comfortable about this one even with the big lead, thanks to said choking it away in many games over the last couple years.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
The lead ended up being too big for even Illinois to blow, even though they sure tried to hand UNLV a ticket back into the game.