News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest  ( 71,928 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jake Arrieta Premature Ejaculation Thread
« Reply #525 on: July 03, 2016, 06:22:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 02, 2016, 06:33:05 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 27, 2016, 08:01:01 PM
Still very goddamn worried

Panicking. Full blown fucking panic

Shocking
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: July 04, 2016, 11:00:10 PM »
Here's hoping there was something in that run of 10 hitters or so where he looked like the Jake we know and love was something he and Bosio can analyze and find/fix his glitch.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: July 05, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
Fangraphs takes a look at Jake's struggles to regain his form: fewer strikes, fewer breaking balls, a lot more fastballs. Speculates he might be trying to limit his workload to avoid injury.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: July 05, 2016, 08:54:20 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 05, 2016, 05:49:17 PM
Fangraphs takes a look at Jake's struggles to regain his form: fewer strikes, fewer breaking balls, a lot more fastballs. Speculates he might be trying to limit his workload to avoid injury.

Haven't read the article yet but, trusting his conclusion, I'd suggest Jake's trying to limit his workload simply to pace himself for the extra 45 or so innings in the postseason.  At least that's what I'm hoping the deal is.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: July 08, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »
Not Sean Rodriguez. Never Sean Rodriguez. Get it together, man.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: July 09, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »
This is two starts in a row where he sharts himself early before settling into being the Jake we know and love before a second shart.

I'd be lying if I said it's not frustrating.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: July 10, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 09, 2016, 12:21:02 PM
This is two starts in a row where he sharts himself early before settling into being the Jake we know and love before a second shart.

It's like he threw a no-hitter and some carnival barkers started saying he was on HGH. And he said, no, I'm totally not. And he went off the juice for awhile and started to get tired and throw ordinary pitches.

I'm not saying that's what happened but it's plausible. What if the entire pitching staff held a kangaroo court and said anybody who does HGH will be ratted out like a bunch of common Verlanders and they're all afraid to juice?

That would be horrible.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 10, 2016, 12:02:46 PM

It's like he threw a no-hitter and some carnival barkers started saying he was on HGH. And he said, no, I'm totally not. And he went off the juice for awhile and started to get tired and throw ordinary pitches.

I'm not saying that's what happened but it's plausible. What if the entire pitching staff held a kangaroo court and said anybody who does HGH will be ratted out like a bunch of common Verlanders and they're all afraid to juice?

That would be horrible.

He has had terrible fastball command. I don't think HGH gives you command. Does it?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2016, 09:08:14 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 13, 2016, 08:37:42 AM

That would be horrible.

He has had terrible fastball command. I don't think HGH gives you command. Does it?

I think it's best to just ignore Apex's "everyone is on steroids and we can trust no one" bit. You can't prove or disprove anything, the conversation is pointless.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2016, 09:21:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2016, 09:08:14 AM

That would be horrible.

I think it's best to just ignore Apex's "everyone is on steroids and we can trust no one" bit. You can't prove or disprove anything, the conversation is pointless.

He hasn't lost any velocity, so his "getting off the juice" doesn't hold water here.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 13, 2016, 09:21:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2016, 09:08:14 AM

That would be horrible.

He hasn't lost any velocity, so his "getting off the juice" doesn't hold water here.

He's also incredibly fit Pilates Man and has been struggling in the first and second inning of games despite no noticeable issue in velocity. So either his recovery is so poor now that he's off the HGH that he's winded before he even throws a pitch or has dead arm, or steroids are not the issue at all here.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: July 25, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »
That was looking like back to back encouraging outings and then it wasn't

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: August 18, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »
Touching tribute to Ryan Dempster with seven walks on the day.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: August 18, 2016, 03:52:46 PM »
Man I hope that's just a blip and not a return to the pre-ASB struggles.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: August 18, 2016, 04:07:35 PM »
And please don't be Willson's fault.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"