News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest  ( 71,928 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Jake Arrieta Premature Ejaculation Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 30, 2016, 02:01:01 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 29, 2016, 06:34:42 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 27, 2016, 12:23:22 PM
If someone steps up to be a mainstay in the rotation, then Arietta will be the chip the Cubs will use to restock their farm system July 31.

They're not moving him. They'll ride him through the 2017 postseason, qualify him and take the draft pick.

Wouldn't he be likely to accept? It'll likely be around $18 M by then, and I'd surprised if he'd expect someone to give him a multi-year offer that would dissuade him from taking the qualifying offer.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:40 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on October 30, 2016, 02:01:01 AM
If someone steps up to be a mainstay in the rotation, then Arietta will be the chip the Cubs will use to restock their farm system July 31.

They're not moving him. They'll ride him through the 2017 postseason, qualify him and take the draft pick.

Wouldn't he be likely to accept? It'll likely be around $18 M by then, and I'd surprised if he'd expect someone to give him a multi-year offer that would dissuade him from taking the qualifying offer.

I doubt it. We've talked recently about his self-confidence and I think Jake fully believes he's worth a huge contract, so that's what he'll go after.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: October 30, 2016, 10:24:36 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 30, 2016, 09:15:40 AM

I doubt it. We've talked recently about his self-confidence and I think Jake fully believes he's worth a huge contract, so that's what he'll go after.

He can get more than 18/year on a long term deal, and if he took a one year qualifier he'd then be looking for a long term deal as he's another year older. No way he or Boras do that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: October 30, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 30, 2016, 10:24:36 AM

He can get more than 18/year on a long term deal, and if he took a one year qualifier he'd then be looking for a long term deal as he's another year older. No way he or Boras do that.

I'm an idiot. For some reason I was thinking of Lackey. Jesus. What a dope.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: October 30, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on October 30, 2016, 10:46:27 AM

Lackey is God's way of punishing Cub fans.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: October 30, 2016, 01:09:12 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 30, 2016, 11:42:02 AM
Quote from: Shooter on October 30, 2016, 10:46:27 AM

Lackey is God's way of punishing Cub fans.

Well thank goodness He's finally getting around to it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: October 30, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »
We're ready, Jake.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: November 01, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »
I'm engaging in some serious mental gymnastics here to convince myself that we're due for another dose of Superjake tonight.

235 calendar days between no-hitters #1 & 2. 194 calendar days since no-hitter #2. So he'd be a little ahead of schedule. On the other hand, 30 starts since #2 vs. only 12 between 1 & 2. So in that context, he's way overdue. And his last start, vs. this very same team, in this very same park, was (arguably) his best start of the postseason. 1 run, 6 Ks, no-hitter into the 6th. I want to believe he's been in the process of Hulking up, and tonight is Killing Time.

Furthermore, I mean, it's the Cubs and Indians in the fuckin' World Series. It just HAS to go 7. It can't NOT go 7, right? But beyond that, there just has to be something unbelievably spectacular, right? Other than one of these two teams winning, of course, because that's inevitable and therefore doesn't really qualify. So far, Schwarber has been that something spectacular, but I just feel like this series is destined to produce something "bigger", more "epic" or whatever.

So here's what I'm thinking. Superjake tonight, then a walkoff KYLE SMASH tomorrow night. That workin' for ya at all?
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: November 01, 2016, 11:16:58 AM »
Quote from: Grandmaster Wang on November 01, 2016, 11:14:45 AM
I'm engaging in some serious mental gymnastics here to convince myself that we're due for another dose of Superjake tonight.

235 calendar days between no-hitters #1 & 2. 194 calendar days since no-hitter #2. So he'd be a little ahead of schedule. On the other hand, 30 starts since #2 vs. only 12 between 1 & 2. So in that context, he's way overdue. And his last start, vs. this very same team, in this very same park, was (arguably) his best start of the postseason. 1 run, 6 Ks, no-hitter into the 6th. I want to believe he's been in the process of Hulking up, and tonight is Killing Time.

Furthermore, I mean, it's the Cubs and Indians in the fuckin' World Series. It just HAS to go 7. It can't NOT go 7, right? But beyond that, there just has to be something unbelievably spectacular, right? Other than one of these two teams winning, of course, because that's inevitable and therefore doesn't really qualify. So far, Schwarber has been that something spectacular, but I just feel like this series is destined to produce something "bigger", more "epic" or whatever.

So here's what I'm thinking. Superjake tonight, then a walkoff KYLE SMASH tomorrow night. That workin' for ya at all?

Aside from Schwarber hitting a walk-off on the road, I can get behind this post.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: November 01, 2016, 11:17:57 AM »

It's working in my pants, for sure.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: November 01, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on November 01, 2016, 11:16:58 AM

Aside from Schwarber hitting a walk-off on the road, I can get behind this post.

Goddammit. I'm an idiot.
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: November 01, 2016, 11:21:31 AM »
Quote from: Grandmaster Wang on November 01, 2016, 11:18:51 AM

Goddammit. I'm an idiot.

Unless he hits a home run so majestic that Cleveland simply says, "fuck it, we quit."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: November 01, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 01, 2016, 11:21:31 AM

Goddammit. I'm an idiot.

Unless he hits a home run so majestic that Cleveland simply says, "fuck it, we quit."

If anyone can do it, Schwarber can.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: November 01, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on November 01, 2016, 11:26:18 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 01, 2016, 11:21:31 AM

Goddammit. I'm an idiot.

If anyone can do it, Schwarber can.

St. Louis quit after the SCHWARBOMB last year.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: November 01, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »
Wish Cowboy Joe hadn't cost him an extra 12-15 pitches with some missed strike 3s but Jake was the balls again.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015