News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,028 )

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2008, 06:39:58 PM »
Hmm. which would I rather have.

ERA    WHIP
4.96    1.61    Marquis
3.94    1.26    Maddux (and these are his Petco-included season numbers)

I'm with my fellow Hoosier on this one.  If Maddux can be had for little, get him and release Marquis.  Plus, you get a pitching coach for the youngsters.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on May 23, 2008, 06:39:58 PM

ERA    WHIP
4.96    1.61    Marquis

I'm with my fellow Hoosier on this one.  If Maddux can be had for little, get him and release Marquis.  Plus, you get a pitching coach for the youngsters.

Just because announcers love to say he's a great pitching coach for the youngsters, I don't understand why people think this is some great help.

Wasn't Sean Marshall a guy who talked to Maddux a lot? Rich Hill? He taught them a thing or two, yessir.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2008, 08:50:24 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 23, 2008, 06:41:24 PM
Quote from: helloWorld on May 23, 2008, 06:39:58 PM

ERA    WHIP
4.96    1.61    Marquis

Just because announcers love to say he's a great pitching coach for the youngsters, I don't understand why people think this is some great help.

Wasn't Sean Marshall a guy who talked to Maddux a lot? Rich Hill? He taught them a thing or two, yessir.

It's like teaching a pig to sing. You waste your time and annoy the pig.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »
I think he would not be much help on the mound but as far as the pseudo-pitching coach stuff:

QuoteRight. But when Brad Penny and Maddux were teammates on the Dodgers, during the last two months of 2006, they had a conversation one day that led Penny to reach a stunning conclusion: This guy knows my stuff better than I do. It was eerie, really, how easily Maddux dissected Penny's repertoire and suggested ways to maximize it. Penny, figuring he'd take advantage of the situation, asked Maddux to call a game for him against the Cubs. And so, on the night of Sept. 13, Penny glanced into the dugout before every delivery and found Maddux, who signaled the next pitch by looking toward different parts of the ballpark. Penny threw seven scoreless innings with no walks and beat the Cubs 6-0. "Maddux probably won't tell you that story," Penny says. He's right

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3336514

For what it's worth, I heard Dempster credit Maddux for his hot start recently.

Who would you trust RothSchild or Maddux?

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:59 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on May 26, 2008, 10:05:47 PM
I think he would not be much help on the mound but as far as the pseudo-pitching coach stuff:

QuoteRight. But when Brad Penny and Maddux were teammates on the Dodgers, during the last two months of 2006, they had a conversation one day that led Penny to reach a stunning conclusion: This guy knows my stuff better than I do. It was eerie, really, how easily Maddux dissected Penny's repertoire and suggested ways to maximize it. Penny, figuring he'd take advantage of the situation, asked Maddux to call a game for him against the Cubs. And so, on the night of Sept. 13, Penny glanced into the dugout before every delivery and found Maddux, who signaled the next pitch by looking toward different parts of the ballpark. Penny threw seven scoreless innings with no walks and beat the Cubs 6-0. "Maddux probably won't tell you that story," Penny says. He's right

Intrepid Reader: George Oscar Bluth II

Come on!
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2008, 08:24:39 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on May 26, 2008, 10:13:59 PM
Quote from: Al Czervik on May 26, 2008, 10:05:47 PM

Intrepid Reader: George Oscar Bluth II

Come on!

I knew I saw that somewhere

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »
What if the trade was for Greggie and Brian Giles, would that be something you might be interested in?

Play Giles in right, bat him second and have Fukkake spray himself all over center, and replace the Marquis du Suc all in one fell swoop?  Plus, you can still trade for another pitcher as you get closer to the deadline.

Done and done.  I'll start sewing Giles on the back of a jersey you guys arrange him a car from the airport.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »
Quote from: Andy on May 27, 2008, 08:46:56 AM
What if the trade was for Greggie and Brian Giles, would that be something you might be interested in?

Play Giles in right, bat him second and have Fukkake spray himself all over center, and replace the Marquis du Suc all in one fell swoop?  Plus, you can still trade for another pitcher as you get closer to the deadline.

Done and done.  I'll start sewing Giles on the back of a jersey you guys arrange him a car from the airport.

I'd cover the seats in plastic, just in case.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2008, 09:04:12 AM »

Can Giles play left?

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2008, 01:27:39 PM »

If I recall, wasn't Fukudome sort of "promised" that he'd play RF?  That's not to say that he absoultely wouldn't move if the team asked/begged...but I seem to recall something about that issue after he signed.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on May 27, 2008, 01:27:39 PM

If I recall, wasn't Fukudome sort of "promised" that he'd play RF?  That's not to say that he absoultely wouldn't move if the team asked/begged...but I seem to recall something about that issue after he signed.

That was a big part of his coming here. Besides, I think he and his agent saw his other options (White Sox/Giants) having less opportunity for endorsements and postseason play. I'm guessing if it meant a better chance of the latter, he'd move over with little or no complaint.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2008, 01:28:07 PM »
Gee.  Who could this possibly be getting quoted in the Trib? 

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/05/wrigley-bleache.html

The bleacher season-ticket holder, who asked not to be identified by name for fear of losing his seats, said one of the biggest cmplaints among Soriano's critics in left is he spends too much time with his back to the plate, waving to fans. One fan recently yelled at Soriano to "turn around and earn your money," to which Soriano pretended to offer him his glove.

"He actually seems like a very shy guy," the fan said. "And they do guard him (from fan abuse). He's very protected out there."

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 28, 2008, 01:28:07 PM

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/05/wrigley-bleache.html

The bleacher season-ticket holder, who asked not to be identified by name for fear of losing his seats, said one of the biggest cmplaints among Soriano's critics in left is he spends too much time with his back to the plate, waving to fans. One fan recently yelled at Soriano to "turn around and earn your money," to which Soriano pretended to offer him his glove.

"He actually seems like a very shy guy," the fan said. "And they do guard him (from fan abuse). He's very protected out there."
Offered his glove?  I guess Albie sees the need for improved outfield defense.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2008, 02:11:06 PM »

Don't you mean "Gim"?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2008, 03:22:57 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on May 28, 2008, 02:11:06 PM

Don't you mean "Gim"?

That's totally what I meant.  I suppose you're going to take credit for weaving that into a thread now, huh?