News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,034 )

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/6/23/556907/in-rainbows-cubs-7-white-s#6928702

QuoteHowever, as someone who works in the TV business, I know that in general, TV managers have very low tolerance for that kind of thing constantly on the air.

He sells them...right?

I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2008, 10:46:57 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on June 23, 2008, 08:05:12 PM
Now that the BCB fatwa has been issued, what's the over-under on AL YELLON threatening a personal boycott (and all of the tremendous leverage such a threat would bring to bear) against Morgan and SBN until they comply with AL YELLON'S wishes?

I'm saying 9.5, minimum.
Boycotts don't work.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2008, 11:12:04 PM »
What a fucking killjoy:

"There were quite a few ejections, both of people wearing Cubs AND White Sox clothes (many of the ejections appeared to be for underage drinking, a chronic problem at Wrigley)."

Oh, and Thrill, here is the link.  Don't hit the panic button. 

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2008, 02:08:06 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on June 23, 2008, 11:12:04 PM
Oh, and Thrill, here is the linkDon't hit the panic button.

You're be-boppin' and scattin' all over me, Powen... and I'm losin' it!

Quote from: JakeD on June 23, 2008, 09:45:52 PM
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/6/23/556907/in-rainbows-cubs-7-white-s#6928702

QuoteHowever, as someone who works in the TV business, I know that in general, TV managers have very low tolerance for that kind of thing constantly on the air.

He sells them...right?

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/6/23/557283/don-t-like-joe-morgan-s-ma#6934389

Quote from: AL YELLONI work in television

I'm detecting a pattern.

Check out his response to this modest suggestion...

Quote from: memphiscubI only thing I can figure is that "Banks Blvd." was the moniker Morgan heard from Astros teammates.

Quote from: AL YELLONIt wasn't.

I lived through a fair part of Banks' career. Never, ever heard "Banks Boulevard" before Joe Morgan bleated it on the air.

I guess that settles it.

There's no way the Astros could have used the term privately amongst themselves. AL YELLON was alive back then, so I think he'd know if they had.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2008, 03:36:22 AM »
Hmph.

"It is said voles are placed within milady's pudendum and then, by means of vaginal muscular contractions, the tiny field mice are shot with daunting velocity outward, to the general delight and applause of persons who pay to view such phenomena."

(Cf. "twat comet.")  It is unclear to me whether the naked mole rat above (H. glaber) is susceptible.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2008, 04:50:31 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 24, 2008, 03:36:22 AM
Hmph.

"It is said voles are placed within milady's pudendum and then, by means of vaginal muscular contractions, the tiny field mice are shot with daunting velocity outward, to the general delight and applause of persons who pay to view such phenomena."

(Cf. "twat comet.")  It is unclear to me whether the naked mole rat above (H. glaber) is susceptible.

Proper usage of a scientific name dictates that the first usage in a document includes the full taxonomic name, both genus and species.  Also, including the authority is helpful and often required, i.e. Heterocephalus glaber (Rüppell 1842).

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2008, 05:14:23 AM »
Quote from: RD on June 24, 2008, 04:50:31 AM
Proper usage of a scientific name dictates that the first usage in a document includes the full taxonomic name, both genus and species.  Also, including the authority is helpful and often required, i.e. Heterocephalus glaber (Rüppell 1842).

Don't try to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2008, 06:09:31 AM »

Quote from: Oscar MeyerFor promulgating this egregiously bad information on the air -- it's a blatant lie -- Joe Morgan should be immediately fired and ESPN should air a correction prominently on Baseball Tonight, and again at the beginning of next Sunday's telecast.

[/quote]

Looks like Quizno's had a Free Thesaurus Night.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2008, 07:27:23 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on June 24, 2008, 06:09:31 AM

Quote from: Oscar MeyerFor promulgating this egregiously bad information on the air -- it's a blatant lie -- Joe Morgan should be immediately fired and ESPN should air a correction prominently on Baseball Tonight, and again at the beginning of next Sunday's telecast.

[/quote]

He just borrowed bocaj's.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: June 24, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
When I read Al's "research yesterday" I e-mailed him about it.

QuoteTo: Al

I see that you did some research into the Banks Boulevard thing.  Nice job.  I did it several months ago, and it looks an awful lot like what you wrote today.

http://www.desipio.com/?p=1412

Hey, thanks for the ripoff.  Keep up the good work.

He wrote me back:

QuoteAndy...

I didn't know about your post from last February. I ran through Banks' gamelogs today, probably the same way you did back then.

I know Morgan's put this on the air before. He's an idiot. They really SHOULD fire him.

If you're ever in the bleachers, I actually would like to meet you someday.

Best regards,
Al

Ooh, how tempting.  So I wrote him back.

QuoteOh, well I wouldn't want to risk being banned again, this time from the bleachers.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: June 24, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 24, 2008, 07:27:23 AM
Quote from: PTanner on June 24, 2008, 06:09:31 AM

He just borrowed bocaj's.

[/quote]

Ask BH.  I'm sure he was at Quizno's last night getting his 2nd Italian Sub with mayo
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: June 24, 2008, 09:48:59 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 24, 2008, 08:33:02 AM

I see that you did some research into the Banks Boulevard thing.  Nice job.  I did it several months ago, and it looks an awful lot like what you wrote today.

He wrote me back:

QuoteAndy...

I didn't know about your post from last February. I ran through Banks' gamelogs today, probably the same way you did back then.

I know Morgan's put this on the air before. He's an idiot. They really SHOULD fire him.

Best regards,
Al

QuoteOh, well I wouldn't want to risk being banned again, this time from the bleachers.

Invite him to the rooftop game, so we can bounce his ass.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on June 24, 2008, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Andy on June 24, 2008, 08:33:02 AM

He wrote me back:

QuoteAndy...

Best regards,
Al

Invite him to the rooftop game, so we can bounce his ass.

No WAY would he view a game from anywhere other than HIS SEAT in the bleachers.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: June 24, 2008, 09:53:39 AM »

HIS SEAT in the bleachers, which will be within heckling distance of our rooftop.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »
Apparently his baloneyfests are getting rowdy, so today he reposted the "rules" for everyone to see:

QuoteWhen posting at this blog, please follow this one simple rule: Before hitting "post" to post your remarks, ask yourself: "Would I be embarrassed to say this in front of strangers who were physically present in the room with me and could respond to my face?" If the answer is "yes," then don't post. BCB encourages and welcomes all opinions, no matter how strong; however, personal attacks, vulgarity, and other uncivilized forms of expression are not welcome. Thanks.

As a guy who got banned for making fun of those pictures of each home game  he posts, which I believe I said looked like they were "taken from the moon", I don't think this part is correct, "BCB encourages and welcomes all opinions,"