News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,825 )

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »
I have 8,000 posts there.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 15, 2008, 02:15:38 PM
I have 8,000 posts there.

And those are all in just a single rainout thread.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Thrillho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
The latest CafePress sensation...

http://www.cafepress.com/pollyellon
FADE IN:

BOZ
     I'm a...

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
I was actually thinking about this at the rooftop...maybe if we kept all our Yellon bashing to a separate thread that didn't have his name in it...like if we could have a thread about Happy Days in the TV section or something where we just posted all the bullshit about BCB.

Of course now we'll have to use a different thread and a different section since the spy is going to look for Happy Days, but you get where I'm coming from.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 15, 2008, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: KurtEvans on August 15, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
So far, I've not been banned, although I joined the BCB community this morning.

Give it time.

Still unbanned, but I have multiple IP addresses, including this government one.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on August 15, 2008, 03:20:45 PM
I was actually thinking about this at the rooftop...maybe if we kept all our Yellon bashing to a separate thread that didn't have his name in it...like if we could have a thread about Happy Days in the TV section or something where we just posted all the bullshit about BCB.

Of course now we'll have to use a different thread and a different section since the spy is going to look for Happy Days, but you get where I'm coming from.

We should start a Happy Days thread.  That show was choice.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

GreatWhiteHope7

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2008, 06:34:35 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on August 15, 2008, 06:23:50 PM
Quote from: 5laky on August 15, 2008, 03:20:45 PM

We should start a Happy Days thread.  That show was choice.

Now won't the spy know to look for a thread that doesn't seem to fit?
"Can you die from lyme disease?"

"No, you can't die from lyme disease, well, unless you have lyme disease and you get hit by a car."

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »
Maybe we should just make a new Pollyellon thread. Since the spy will only be on the lookout for the Happy Days thread, another Pollyellon thread would be the last place he'd think to check!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 15, 2008, 06:57:28 PM
Maybe we should just make a new Pollyellon thread. Since the spy will only be on the lookout for the Happy Days thread, another Pollyellon thread would be the last place he'd think to check!

And, the awesomeness of Happy Days and the Happy Days thread will only further divert his attention.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2008, 07:08:49 PM »
from   Chuck Dickens
to   al@bleedcubbieblue.com
date   Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM
subject   Banned?
mailed-by   gmail.com

Hello guy,

I was wondering what I did to receive the banhammer treatment at BleedCubbie[sic]Blue dot com. I believe the last time I posted on your site Dusty Baker was still pulling the strings and Prior was still whipping towels.

Nevertheless, I tried to log in the other week and it asked me to authenticate my account; I followed the directions and everything appeared to be honky dorey, but when I logged in today, I discovered that I had been "banned from commenting" on BleedCubbie[sic]Blue dot com. This is obviously a mistake on your part, so just shoot me an email when you've restored my account. My username was "ChuckDickens".

Thanks in advance,
C-----------

This aggression will not stand!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 15, 2008, 07:04:58 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 15, 2008, 06:57:28 PM

And, the awesomeness of Happy Days and the Happy Days thread will only further divert his attention.
This conversation has jumped the shark.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on August 15, 2008, 01:56:11 PM

There are very few "rules" on BCB. In fact, there's really only one: AL YELLON rules all. BCB is intended to feel primarily democratic, though, so we try not to talk about this. These few official Community Guidelines have been created and exist for a singular purpose: to allow AL YELLON to capriciously wield ultimate power in at least one aspect of his otherwise pathetic existence on God's green earth.

At BCB, we believe strongly in free speech and in celebrating a diversity of people and of ideas that AL YELLON agrees with. Users are, in general but not in particular, free to express their opinions without fear of retribution, only in fear of having their posting histories deleted in their entirety. The diversity of personalities, beliefs, and styles of people who agree with AL YELLON is exactly what makes BCB the strong and vibrant community of people who agree with AL YELLON that it has become. I pledge to you as proprietor of this site (all that "we" stuff above: bullshit), that I believe in this and want to keep BCB free and open to everyone who agrees with me. In keeping with that pledge, I promise to all of you that I will not delete posts unless I decide to, and will not "censor" in any way, shape or form unless it is either a blatant violation of these guidelines or just something that really, really, really bugs me.

Consistent with its baseball roots, when it comes to violations of the Community Guidelines, BCB works on a version of "1 strike and you're out with no warnings whatsoever and no explanation given if AL YELLON deems you unacceptable." Complaints about possible violations of the Community Guidelines or just petty complaints in general should be directed to Al for review and consideration and immediate deletion of posting history if he decides that you totally bug him.

The best part of this screen cap? The bookmarks toolbar:

sp_giants_cubs_theri...

868p1sw.gif

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on August 15, 2008, 07:47:44 PM
Quote from: Thrillho on August 15, 2008, 01:56:11 PM

There are very few "rules" on BCB. In fact, there's really only one: AL YELLON rules all. BCB is intended to feel primarily democratic, though, so we try not to talk about this. These few official Community Guidelines have been created and exist for a singular purpose: to allow AL YELLON to capriciously wield ultimate power in at least one aspect of his otherwise pathetic existence on God's green earth.

At BCB, we believe strongly in free speech and in celebrating a diversity of people and of ideas that AL YELLON agrees with. Users are, in general but not in particular, free to express their opinions without fear of retribution, only in fear of having their posting histories deleted in their entirety. The diversity of personalities, beliefs, and styles of people who agree with AL YELLON is exactly what makes BCB the strong and vibrant community of people who agree with AL YELLON that it has become. I pledge to you as proprietor of this site (all that "we" stuff above: bullshit), that I believe in this and want to keep BCB free and open to everyone who agrees with me. In keeping with that pledge, I promise to all of you that I will not delete posts unless I decide to, and will not "censor" in any way, shape or form unless it is either a blatant violation of these guidelines or just something that really, really, really bugs me.

Consistent with its baseball roots, when it comes to violations of the Community Guidelines, BCB works on a version of "1 strike and you're out with no warnings whatsoever and no explanation given if AL YELLON deems you unacceptable." Complaints about possible violations of the Community Guidelines or just petty complaints in general should be directed to Al for review and consideration and immediate deletion of posting history if he decides that you totally bug him.

The best part of this screen cap? The bookmarks toolbar:

sp_giants_cubs_theri...

868p1sw.gif

You mean Thrillo just bookmarks these things and isn't actually an Internet savant?  FRAUD!!!

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: August 15, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
Or maybe he's got it bookmarked out of some kind of keen interest.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thrillho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 15, 2008, 08:13:53 PM
You mean Thrillo just bookmarks these things and isn't actually an Internet savant?  FRAUD!!!

I used to re-Google them every time someone requested them anew.

Then I got smart about it.

Quote from: KurtEvans on August 15, 2008, 08:17:29 PM
Or maybe he's got it bookmarked out of some kind of keen interest.

That's about the long and short of it.

FADE IN:

BOZ
     I'm a...

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!