News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,917 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2008, 12:51:56 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on August 25, 2008, 12:50:39 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 25, 2008, 06:04:01 AM
Doesn't Yellon own a piece of SBNation?

Any copyright lawyers here? Can we copyright the phrase "Bleed Cubbie Blue" (it's not in TESS) then hit Al with an injunction?

Nah, you can't do it retroactively.  And it'd be a trademark, rather than a copyright, but it still wouldn't work.  Of course, it's been a long time since I took trademarks and copyrights.  Anyone know differently?

I just figure since the guy's a moron, there's got to be some creative way we can make his life a living hell.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2008, 12:59:58 PM »

Any copyright lawyers here? Can we copyright the phrase "Bleed Cubbie Blue" (it's not in TESS) then hit Al with an injunction?

Nah, you can't do it retroactively.  And it'd be a trademark, rather than a copyright, but it still wouldn't work.  Of course, it's been a long time since I took trademarks and copyrights.  Anyone know differently?

What about BleedCubbyBlue or BleedCubbie[sic]Blue?

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 25, 2008, 12:51:56 PM

I just figure since the guy's a moron, there's got to be some creative way we can make his life a living hell.

You mean like a program that keeps signing up for different BCB accounts?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »

I like where this is heading.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »
I was at a minor league game in Burlington yesterday afternoon (prior to my extreme backyard wrestling experience) and I saw a guy with a white t-shirt that said "Bleed" over the old "mean-looking" Cub sleeve logo and "Blue" underneath. I was tempted to ask him if he was one of Al's minions.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »
Quote from: TJ on August 25, 2008, 01:01:57 PM
We can buy a bunch of similar (but not quite identical domains and either point them here or to NAMBLA):

bleedcubbieblue.net
bleedcubbiebleu.com
beledcubbieblue.com
bledcubbieblue.com
bleeedcubbieblue.com
bleedcubblue.com

etc.

I actually read a case where a squatter did something along those lines.  Pissed the judge off something fierce.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »
If you really want to be a meanie you should take away his magical Marquis jersey.

Quote from: random BCButtsnifferAl - What jerseys do you own? Just curious...

Quote from: HitlerSeveral. I have a Wood jersey I bought in '98 and a blue alternate Prior from 2003 (don't wear that one any more). Bought a Fukudome this past off-season. Have a Jason Marquis one that I had made up that I wear when he starts. Game-worns: A Darrin Jackson #30 from 1988; a Neifi from 2006 (don't wear that one any more, either) and a Scott Moore from 2007.

Quote from: He Who Dares to Question AlOh Lordy, why Marquis?

Quote from: HitlerFWIW, when I wear it to home games he pitches, he almost always wins.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »
Has anyone gotten a response from Al or the leader of SB Nation yet? This is really getting creepy.

Like King of Kong.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »
Quote from: RV on August 26, 2008, 10:02:48 AM
Quote from: HitlerFWIW, when I wear it to home games he pitches, he almost always wins.

Doesn't Al go to every game?  This year, at home, Jason Marquis has started 13 games and won four of them.  He has an Estes-esque 5.76 ERA and 1.48 WHIP.  

I don't think it works.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
When he wore his Neifi jersey to home games, Neifi almost always got two hits. But he doesn't wear that little turd's shirt anymore. Too embarrassing. However, Marquis and DJ are still in the rotation for some reason.

Reminds of some tool I met at Sluggers during Marquis' start against Baltimore this year. He told me Marquis was his favorite pitcher on the Cubs' staff. I looked at him like he had a flower pot on his head and he said he always gets that look from people when he tells them that. I was just about to inquire why he liked Marquis so much when Jason started hemorrhaging runs on the mound so I ignored the son of a bitch until he went away. And I did mention I was at Sluggers right? Fuck my life. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on August 26, 2008, 10:12:11 AM
When he wore his Neifi jersey to home games, Neifi almost always got two hits. But he doesn't wear that little turd's shirt anymore. Too embarrassing. However, Marquis and DJ are still in the rotation for some reason.

Reminds of some tool I met at Sluggers during Marquis' start against Baltimore this year. He told me Marquis was his favorite pitcher on the Cubs' staff. I looked at him like he had a flower pot on his head and he said he always gets that look from people when he tells them that. I was just about to inquire why he liked Marquis so much when Jason started hemorrhaging runs on the mound so I ignored the son of a bitch until he went away. And I did mention I was at Sluggers right? Fuck my life. 

You left all photos intact?
TIME TO POST!

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »
If you really want to be a meanie you should take away his magical Marquis jersey.

Quote from: HitlerSeveral. I have a Wood jersey I bought in '98 and a blue alternate Prior from 2003 (don't wear that one any more). Bought a Fukudome this past off-season. Have a Jason Marquis one that I had made up that I wear when he starts. Game-worns: A Darrin Jackson #30 from 1988; a Neifi from 2006 (don't wear that one any more, either) and a Scott Moore from 2007.

A game worn Darrin Jackson jersey. How cool is that.
01/20/2013

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2008, 10:25:23 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on August 26, 2008, 10:16:32 AM

A game worn Darrin Jackson jersey. How cool is that.

About as cool as a Teddy Kennedy speech at the DNC. Do you think he just wears it to piss off Sux fans? It might gall them to know that the biggest douche in all of Cubdom wears the jersey of their beloved color man commentator of color?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »
My turn.  I got banned today (I have been a registered user since 2005) because I put up a FanPost about magic numbers.  For those who saw it before it went down the memory hole... you all know that it was very polite, and I didn't attack anyone or Al.  The guy has a serious problem if he is banning me for that thread.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
Quote from: Bogs Diamond (f/k/a morpheus) on August 26, 2008, 03:30:40 PM
My turn.  I got banned today (I have been a registered user since 2005) because I put up a FanPost about magic numbers.  For those who saw it before it went down the memory hole... you all know that it was very polite, and I didn't attack anyone or Al.  The guy has a serious problem if he is banning me for that thread.

Does this mean Chuck owes me $10?  I believe the ShoutBox can confirm our bet.  I should have taken the under on 2 hours and I'd be sitting pretty (on the curb) right now.