News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,836 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 13, 2009, 06:28:28 PM
MODS!

Huh?  Does this mean I actually have to start moderating now?  Or is Desipio so beautiful that it keeps you heathens calm and behav-y?

I think that article is shite.  I think a messageboard reflects the personality of the moderators.  I like to swear and make fun of people and so do all of you, so we basically make fun of each other all day.  Others are uptight and devoid of any complex thought and take everything personally, and rejoice in the ability to ban others from challenging their illusion of "fun."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2009, 01:57:28 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 14, 2009, 11:42:55 AM
MODS!

Huh?  Does this mean I actually have to start moderating now?  Or is Desipio so beautiful that it keeps you heathens calm and behav-y?

I think that article is shite.  I think a messageboard reflects the personality of the moderators.  I like to swear and make fun of people and so do all of you, so we basically make fun of each other all day.  Others are uptight and devoid of any complex thought and take everything personally, and rejoice in the ability to ban others from challenging their illusion of "fun."

Shut up, Paul. You're a douche.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 14, 2009, 01:57:28 PM
MODS!

Dammit, Apex. I thought this message board was whites only. I'm out.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: February 15, 2009, 01:54:27 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 14, 2009, 02:35:46 PM
MODS!

I thought it was straight whites only.  You won't be hearing from me again.

EDIT : My only consolation is that there are no Jews around these parts.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 15, 2009, 01:54:27 AM
MODS!

Go back to Austrailia.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: February 15, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 15, 2009, 09:33:23 AM
MODS!

Go back to Austrailia.

To share an old family secret... my grandmother was a Dutch.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:06 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 15, 2009, 09:35:37 AM
MODS!

Go back to Austrailia.

As long as I don't have to work with Irish.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2009, 12:23:32 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 15, 2009, 10:36:06 AM
MODS!

Go back to Austrailia.

Lay off Eastern European

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 15, 2009, 12:23:32 PM
MODS!

Go back to Austrailia.

Lay off Eastern European

Damn you fascist Irishman. At least you're gay.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: February 16, 2009, 12:47:42 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 15, 2009, 05:38:05 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 15, 2009, 12:23:32 PM
MODS!

Go back to Austrailia.

Lay off Eastern European

Damn you fascist Irishman. At least you're gay.

South Carolina racist.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: February 23, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
So one of Al's minions, Kasey,has had a a wesbite with various strange and kitschy Cubs items on it (A warning to Thrill and any other designers/art geeks:  Looking at this sight may cause you to go blind).  Judging by the site, it was built in 1999 and hasn't been updated since about 2003, but one area of his site where Kasey has actually done some useful work is the area that lists all of the Cubs uniform numbers in history

So I see today where our favorite opportunistic, lowest-common denominator Cub fan got the brilliant idea to make a book out of the Cubs numbers.  What's funny, as Al details it, is that there had been a "numbers" book published by the Mets a year earlier, and this is what got Al to do one for the Cubs (not that swiping ideas from other people is new to Al).  The best part, though?  This Kasey fella actually knew the author of the Mets book. 

QuoteKasey's been a friend of mine for many years and it was of this list that an idea was born last spring. Last April, I read this review of a new book called "Mets By The Numbers", and, knowing of Kasey's exhaustive research into Cubs uniform numbers, thought, "We could do this for the Cubs!" I contacted Kasey and discovered he knew one of the MBTN authors, and in the matter of a few emails with Matt Silverman, the other MBTN author, we had a contract with Skyhorse Publishing for "Cubs By The Numbers".

So let's recap.  50 year old virgin who posts his Cubs Donruss card at his website develops a list of Cub uniform numbers.  He actually knows a guy who developed a book on the same concept for the Mets.  So Al, sensing no opportunity too great to exploit, comes around to horn in on the guy's actions,.  Al did not come up with the idea nor did he get Kasey in touch with somebody that he didn't already know to develop it in book form.  He just basically inserted himself into the concept without bringing anything to the table.  Kasey does all of the heavy lifting and Al doesn't do jack.  And just guess who's name goes first on the book?

What a chode licker.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »
I can't wait until Topps sues them for all four dollars of their profit for using one of their cards on the cover without permission.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »
Jesus Herbert Walker Christ, that is the worst page design I've seen in over 10 years...

djkkt6

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: February 23, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
Wait... what?  You're upset that Al decided to make a book because Kasey is the one who tracks all the numbers?  Of all reasons to laugh at Al, that's a pretty dumb one. 

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: February 23, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
Quote from: Andy on February 23, 2009, 09:44:50 AM
I can't wait until Topps sues them for all four dollars of their profit for using one of their cards on the cover without permission.

Wait a second, look at the Sandberg card. That's 1983 Topps, right?