News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,961 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »
Quote from: Tank on February 24, 2009, 10:28:31 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 24, 2009, 10:15:37 AM
Quote from: schwagg on February 24, 2009, 02:31:15 AM
if it makes you feel better, i've been a ghost on your site, (absolutley love it), for a year.  i got banned by association from BCB.   this is my first post. fuck you. you are all paul is a douche. congrats. you got a new desipio.  btw, you are all douches.

Patrick!

Precision'd.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2009, 11:14:50 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 24, 2009, 11:07:40 AM
if it makes you feel better, i've been a ghost on your site, (absolutley love it), for a year.  i got banned by association from BCB.   this is my first post. fuck you. you are all paul is a douche. congrats. you got a new desipio.  btw, you are all douches.

Patrick!

Precision'd.

Look closer.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

djkkt6

• Sam Fuld Fan Club

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
Quote from: djkkt6 on February 24, 2009, 12:22:02 PM
ho-ly-shit

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/2/24/769197/bcb-101-an-overview-of-pos

"Stylistically, I have chosen to have all my headlines begin each word with a capital letter. You don't have to do that, but if you do, you'll match the site style and -- well, it'd make me happier."

What a fucking cunt.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
Pretty high opinion of himself, eh?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: February 24, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »

Doesn't that bald cocksucker realize he's nothing more than a fucking SPORTS BLOGGER, and all sports bloggers are basically losers?

Jesus H.W. Christ...it's as if he thinks doing a write up on every Star Trek episode somehow makes him Captain Fucking Kirk.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: February 24, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »
QuoteBCB is NOT a message board. It isn't a talk radio call-in show. The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site. BCB itself is a blog, one which has built a community feel to it over the last 4 years. And unlike some blogs that talk at you, BCB offers FanPosts and FanShots where you can drive the conversation.

Delusional self-importance, thy name is Al Yellon.

All this time I have ripped on Al for being a self-important doucheface--which he is--but seriously.  How can any self-respecting "fan" stand to spend their time at a place where this schoolmarm is constantly  telling them how to express themsleves?  As bad as Al is, his legions--for actually sitting though his 13,000 word finger-wagging lecture and subsequently agreeing to his cockamanie new rules--need to be naturally selected out of the gene pool.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: February 24, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 24, 2009, 12:42:24 PM
QuoteBCB is NOT a message board. It isn't a talk radio call-in show. The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site. BCB itself is a blog, one which has built a community feel to it over the last 4 years. And unlike some blogs that talk at you, BCB offers FanPosts and FanShots where you can drive the conversation.

All this time I have ripped on Al for being a self-important doucheface--which he is--but seriously.  How can any self-respecting "fan" stand to spend their time at a place where this schoolmarm is constantly  telling them how to express themsleves?  As bad as Al is, his legions--for actually sitting though his 13,000 word finger-wagging lecture and subsequently agreeing to his cockamanie new rules--need to be naturally selected out of the gene pool.

Is a dictatorship a "community"?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: February 24, 2009, 12:56:05 PM »

I have to admit, I went down to check out the comments and those 'tards are in lockstep with Herr Yellon, not only agreeing to the rules, but openly praising him. I wonder if he drives to work or floats there on his cloud of judgment.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
Poor Headline: What Do You Guys Make of This? (this is an actual FanPost headline from last week)
Good Headline: Seriously, What The Fuck Are We Doing Here Following This Schmucks Guidelines?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 24, 2009, 11:14:50 AM
Quote from: Jon on February 24, 2009, 11:07:40 AM

Patrick!

Precision'd.

Look closer.

Needing new glasses'd.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »
Quote from: Al Yellon on February 24, 2009, 12:42:24 PM
The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site.

Really?  That's THE most concise way you can find to describe your site?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2009, 01:48:30 PM
The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", "A Repository Of Hopeless Idiots Avoiding Intellectually Honest Discourse And Critical Analysis Since February 9th, 2005" and that's the most concise way I can describe this site.

I think mine is more concise.

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2009, 02:09:38 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 24, 2009, 01:55:53 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2009, 01:48:30 PM
The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", "A Repository Of Hopeless Idiots Avoiding Intellectually Honest Discourse And Critical Analysis Since February 9th, 2005" and that's the most concise way I can describe this site.

I think mine is more concise.

Yes, but certainly not as pithy.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »

Dolan is right.  Thank God those idiots are over there instead of over here, ruining this place.  If this place is going to get ruined, at least it's going to be by someone who thinks for himself.  Like TDubbs.
Hire Jim Essian!