News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,907 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 24, 2009, 02:17:10 PM
Quote from: MAD on February 24, 2009, 12:42:24 PM
QuoteBCB is NOT a message board. It isn't a talk radio call-in show. The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site. BCB itself is a blog, one which has built a community feel to it over the last 4 years. And unlike some blogs that talk at you, BCB offers FanPosts and FanShots where you can drive the conversation.

Delusional self-importance, thy name is Al Yellon.

All this time I have ripped on Al for being a self-important doucheface--which he is--but seriously.  How can any self-respecting "fan" stand to spend their time at a place where this schoolmarm is constantly  telling them how to express themsleves?  As bad as Al is, his legions--for actually sitting though his 13,000 word finger-wagging lecture and subsequently agreeing to his cockamanie new rules--need to be naturally selected out of the gene pool.

Dolan is right.  Thank God those idiots are over there instead of over here, ruining this place.  If this place is going to get ruined, at least it's going to be by someone who thinks for himself.  Like TDubbs.

They already drove JD away.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #616 on: February 24, 2009, 03:17:33 PM »
QuoteBCB is NOT a message board. It isn't a talk radio call-in show. The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site. BCB itself is a blog, one which has built a community feel to it over the last 4 years. And unlike some blogs that talk at you, BCB offers FanPosts and FanShots where you can drive the conversation.

All this time I have ripped on Al for being a self-important doucheface--which he is--but seriously.  How can any self-respecting "fan" stand to spend their time at a place where this schoolmarm is constantly  telling them how to express themsleves?  As bad as Al is, his legions--for actually sitting though his 13,000 word finger-wagging lecture and subsequently agreeing to his cockamanie new rules--need to be naturally selected out of the gene pool.

Dolan is right.  Thank God those idiots are over there instead of over here, ruining this place.  If this place is going to get ruined, at least it's going to be by someone who thinks for himself.  Like TDubbs.

But I don't know what to think about this post.  SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2009, 03:35:15 PM »

Who's TDubbs?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2009, 03:36:05 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 24, 2009, 03:35:15 PM

Who's TDubbs?

I heard the "T" stands for "Trotsky".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #619 on: February 24, 2009, 03:45:20 PM »
QuotePoor Headline: Orlando Hudson (this is an actual FanPost headline from last weekend)
Good Headline: Should The Cubs Have Gone After Orlando Hudson?

TCR's headline from yesterday at 7:10 p.m.:  Should the Cubs Have Signed Orlando Hudson?

Fuck you, Dane Yellon.  Seriously.
Hire Jim Essian!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2009, 04:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 24, 2009, 03:36:05 PM

Who's TDubbs?

[Paul'sBoutique]...and the "D" is for "Diamonds."[/Paul'sBouique]
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 24, 2009, 03:36:05 PM

Who's TDubbs?

His first name is Troy.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »

dbal

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #623 on: February 25, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
Oh god, why?

QuoteSharp-eyed BCB reader Beaushek noticed this last night and posted this FanShot, but I wanted to take this space this morning to officially announce that SBN and Yahoo! Sports have partnered to put posts from SBN blogs on team pages at Yahoo.

You can see it this morning at Yahoo's Cubs page -- there is a box with BCB front-page posts prominently featured right below Yahoo's own news headlines.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #624 on: February 25, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »
Here's a typical BCB douche:

http://www.sbnation.com/users/neverAcquiesce

Feel free to mock him greatly.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on February 25, 2009, 11:22:32 AM
Here's a typical BCB douche:

http://www.sbnation.com/users/neverAcquiesce

Feel free to mock him greatly.

Gareth from the British Office posts on BCB?  Is that what we're mocking?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #626 on: February 25, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »
Quote from: dbal on February 25, 2009, 11:01:35 AM
Oh god, why?

QuoteSharp-eyed BCB reader Beaushek noticed this last night and posted this FanShot, but I wanted to take this space this morning to officially announce that SBN and Yahoo! Sports have partnered to put posts from SBN blogs on team pages at Yahoo.

You can see it this morning at Yahoo's Cubs page -- there is a box with BCB front-page posts prominently featured right below Yahoo's own news headlines.

Has he bragged about this yet? Pretty fast company there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2009, 02:37:17 PM
Oh god, why?

No way, man.  Some of those blogs are about as savory as a shit sandwich. 
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 25, 2009, 02:43:22 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2009, 02:37:17 PM
Oh god, why?

No way, man.  Some ALL of those blogs are about as savory as a shit sandwich. 
TIME TO POST!

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #629 on: February 25, 2009, 05:35:07 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on February 24, 2009, 02:29:16 PM

They already drove JD away.

If JD is anywhere but here, I want to be there.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87