News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,836 )

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #750 on: March 24, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »
Is there such thing as a Lazy Suzerainty?
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #751 on: March 25, 2009, 01:41:14 AM »
Assuming that there is nothing new under the sun in the Annals of Swinishness, does anybody care to be an additional admin for this small but tender bit of Facebook effrontery for when I'm further ToS'd?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #752 on: March 25, 2009, 03:37:13 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 25, 2009, 01:41:14 AM
Assuming that there is nothing new under the sun in the Annals of Swinishness, does anybody care to be an additional admin for this small but tender bit of Facebook effrontery for when I'm further ToS'd?

I'd happily do it if I had any idea of what the question was.

Seriously... sure, sign me up.

EDIT : Oh, yeah.  Jeff Thomas.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #753 on: March 25, 2009, 03:55:09 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 25, 2009, 03:37:13 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on March 25, 2009, 01:41:14 AM

I'd happily do it if I had any idea of what the question was.

Seriously... sure, sign me up.

Thanks, Tonk.  I have a sneaking suspicion that my Medicine Name, of all things, may be taken to task.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #754 on: March 25, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »

OK, so last night on the SBox, we were discussing Al's hatred of Ronnie Woo.

I posited that the reason Al hates Woo isn't that he's annoying, but rather that Woo is more widely recognized, and has more status as "No. 1 Cub Fan".

I further put forth the theory that if Woo were to pimp Al's site, Al would suddenly think he's aces, possibly to the point of renaiming his site "Bleed Cubbie Woo".

So, if anyone wants to run with the "BCW" idea, by all means. I'd take a stab, but I'm too busy updating my datase.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #755 on: March 25, 2009, 07:41:05 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 25, 2009, 07:29:38 AM

I posited that the reason Al hates Woo isn't that he's annoying, but rather that Woo is more widely recognized, and has more status as "No. 1 Cub Fan".

I further put forth the theory that if Woo were to pimp Al's site, Al would suddenly think he's aces, possibly to the point of renaiming his site "Bleed Cubbie Woo".

So, if anyone wants to run with the "BCW" idea, by all means. I'd take a stab, but I'm too busy updating my datase.

Are you renaiming your datase? If so, to what? I kind of liked "Get off my lawn!" but "I DON'T NEED TO BEAT YOU UP!!!" is more befitting a man of your worldliness.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #756 on: March 25, 2009, 08:29:02 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on March 25, 2009, 07:41:05 AM

Are you renaiming your datase? If so, to what? I kind of liked "Get off my lawn!" but "I DON'T NEED TO BEAT YOU UP FIGHT YOU!!!" is more befitting a man of your worldliness.

I'M 48 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!'d
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #757 on: March 25, 2009, 08:30:43 AM »
Quote from: Tank on March 25, 2009, 08:29:02 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on March 25, 2009, 07:41:05 AM

Are you renaiming your datase? If so, to what? I kind of liked "Get off my lawn!" but "I DON'T NEED TO BEAT YOU UP FIGHT YOU!!!" is more befitting a man of your worldliness.

I'M 48 57 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!'d

Further truth'd.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #758 on: March 25, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »

We need to get Ronnie some BCW cards to give to Mark Cuban.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #759 on: March 25, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »

So I tried to meddle with this.. and I got about 2 shitty posts in and decided I'm not nearly clever or funny enough to do anything with this that will be worth a shit.
http://bleedcubbiewoo.wordpress.com/

So, I'll just give this site (and it's shitty layout) to anyone or I'll delete it.. I'm not really familiar with WordPress so I'm not sure what's needing to be done.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #760 on: March 26, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »
Al has some good stuff today on Rich Harden's start against the minor leaguers yesterday.  http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/25/810567/good-news-from-fitch-park

First, he has video of the event.  Five seconds of it.  I'm not kidding.

Then, he pronounces Harden fully healthy and posts a sequence of still photos to show us how smooth Harden's delivery was.

Problem is the photos are one at the very beginning of his windup, and two after the ball has been thrown.  Hey, why not one of him catching the ball thrown back from Koyie?

And he tops it off by being fascinated by a "drill" that Luis Rivas was doing in the on deck circle.  Luis has a bat standing straight up and he's warming up on deck.  That's quite the drill.  It's actually just Luis finishing up his "strike three" pose.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #761 on: March 26, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 26, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Al has some good stuff today on Rich Harden's start against the minor leaguers yesterday.  http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/25/810567/good-news-from-fitch-park

Then, he pronounces Harden fully healthy and posts a sequence of still photos to show us how smooth Harden's delivery was.

Problem is the photos are one at the very beginning of his windup, and two after the ball has been thrown.  Hey, why not one of him catching the ball thrown back from Koyie?

And he tops it off by being fascinated by a "drill" that Luis Rivas was doing in the on deck circle.  Luis has a bat standing straight up and he's warming up on deck.  That's quite the drill.  It's actually just Luis finishing up his "strike three" pose.

I can imagine the scyophantic comments already:

Great job, Al.  This is what makes this the best Cubs blog in the country.  Al takes the time to provide us information that we can't get from the mainstream writers.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #762 on: March 26, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

Why are you always picking on Al?  That video was a full SIX seconds long.  Also, someone in the comments linked to this, which may be the saddest thing I've ever read.
Hire Jim Essian!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #763 on: March 26, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 26, 2009, 03:11:35 PM

Why are you always picking on Al?  That video was a full SIX seconds long.  Also, someone in the comments linked to this, which may be the saddest thing I've ever read.

I can't believe I clicked on that link.  That piece of garbage was posted on my birthday. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #764 on: March 26, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »
Quote from: JD on March 26, 2009, 04:10:11 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 26, 2009, 03:11:35 PM

I can't believe I clicked on that link.  That piece of garbage was posted on my birthday. 

Happy Birthday. From Butthead and myself.