News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,847 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 26, 2009, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: Andy on March 26, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Al has some good stuff today on Rich Harden's start against the minor leaguers yesterday.  http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/25/810567/good-news-from-fitch-park

First, he has video of the event.  Five seconds of it.  I'm not kidding.

Then, he pronounces Harden fully healthy and posts a sequence of still photos to show us how smooth Harden's delivery was.

Problem is the photos are one at the very beginning of his windup, and two after the ball has been thrown.  Hey, why not one of him catching the ball thrown back from Koyie?

And he tops it off by being fascinated by a "drill" that Luis Rivas was doing in the on deck circle.  Luis has a bat standing straight up and he's warming up on deck.  That's quite the drill.  It's actually just Luis finishing up his "strike three" pose.

Why are you always picking on Al?  That video was a full SIX seconds long.  Also, someone in the comments linked to this, which may be the saddest thing I've ever read.

It may not even be the saddest thing on that godforsaken site.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 04:12:30 PM
Quote from: JD on March 26, 2009, 04:10:11 PM
Al has some good stuff today on Rich Harden's start against the minor leaguers yesterday.  http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/25/810567/good-news-from-fitch-park

Then, he pronounces Harden fully healthy and posts a sequence of still photos to show us how smooth Harden's delivery was.

Problem is the photos are one at the very beginning of his windup, and two after the ball has been thrown.  Hey, why not one of him catching the ball thrown back from Koyie?

And he tops it off by being fascinated by a "drill" that Luis Rivas was doing in the on deck circle.  Luis has a bat standing straight up and he's warming up on deck.  That's quite the drill.  It's actually just Luis finishing up his "strike three" pose.

Why are you always picking on Al?  That video was a full SIX seconds long.  Also, someone in the comments linked to this, which may be the saddest thing I've ever read.

I can't believe I clicked on that link.  That piece of garbage was posted on my birthday. 

Happy Birthday. From Butthead and myself.

Sure.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2009, 11:12:26 PM »
Quote from: butthead on March 26, 2009, 09:43:18 PM
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 04:12:30 PM
Quote from: JD on March 26, 2009, 04:10:11 PM

I can't believe I clicked on that link.  That piece of garbage was posted on my birthday. 

Happy Birthday. From Butthead and myself.

Sure.

Now I'm confused.  I feel like I'm in a bacon loop of birthday madness. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 26, 2009, 06:36:34 PM

Wow.  Forget the 30 MLB ballparks.  I don't even want to know what's in ONE hot dog.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: March 27, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 27, 2009, 10:02:22 AM

Wow.  Forget the 30 MLB ballparks.  I don't even want to know what's in ONE hot dog.

I think I'd want to know if there's a vein in it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: March 27, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 27, 2009, 10:05:49 AM

Especially if it's the main vein.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: March 27, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 27, 2009, 10:18:45 AM
Quote from: Fork on March 27, 2009, 10:05:49 AM

Especially if it's the main vein.

Slak forked the fork.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: March 27, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
They called last night's game due to high winds and Al didn't stay. Pussy.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: March 29, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »
What's with the Herald calling Al a "news director"?  There's a big difference between a technical director, which is what Al does, and a news director, who runs the entire news department at the station.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: March 29, 2009, 10:36:02 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on March 29, 2009, 07:55:12 PM
What's with the Herald calling Al a "news director"?  There's a big difference between a technical director, which is what Al does, and a news director, who runs the entire news department at the station.

Considering they interviewed him at all means they didn't care too much about the facts. Did Al buy ad space in the Herald? The piece looks like the puff you usually throw to an advertiser.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: March 29, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
This has got to be one of you motherfuckers, right? http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/29/814203/in-desperate-need-of-group

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: March 29, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 29, 2009, 11:07:25 PM
This has got to be one of you motherfuckers, right? http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/29/814203/in-desperate-need-of-group

Without a mention of how losing Hank was like a splenectomy without anesthesia?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: March 29, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

QuoteI would like nothing better...
... than to see the Indians win the AL pennant, led by DeRosa and Wood...

and then have the Cubs win the World Series by beating Wood in Game 7.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx
by Al on Mar 29, 2009 7:44 PM CDT   up   reply   0 recs

I'd like it better if they pwned some asshole like Papelbon. Why would beating Wood be the best thing ever? Why did I just read and quote and respond to something Al wrote?

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: March 29, 2009, 11:18:01 PM »

I don't know why you would think that.  Just a typical BCB closet case.

This, however, made me want to punch babies:
I would like nothing better...

... than to see the Indians win the AL pennant, led by DeRosa and Wood...

and then have the Cubs win the World Series by beating Wood in Game 7.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

by Al on Mar 29, 2009 7:44 PM CDT

What a tard machine.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: March 29, 2009, 11:20:22 PM »
Whoa.  Apex and I pulled the same quote. 
Eli G. (6-22-10)