News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,833 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #780 on: March 29, 2009, 11:40:54 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 29, 2009, 11:18:01 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 29, 2009, 11:07:25 PM
This has got to be one of you motherfuckers, right? http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/29/814203/in-desperate-need-of-group

I don't know why you would think that.  Just a typical BCB closet case.

This, however, made me want to punch babies:
I would like nothing better...

... than to see the Indians win the AL pennant, led by DeRosa and Wood...

and then have the Cubs win the World Series by beating Wood in Game 7.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

by Al on Mar 29, 2009 7:44 PM CDT

What a tard machine.

I mainly assumed it because of the name. That is definitely an entertaining one. I did see that quote in there but I didn't feel like linking at all. Hell, I'm so lazy I don't even do the "descriptive link" shit. This fatness is taking a toll...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: March 29, 2009, 11:42:14 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 29, 2009, 11:40:54 PM
Quote from: MAD on March 29, 2009, 11:18:01 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 29, 2009, 11:07:25 PM
This has got to be one of you motherfuckers, right? http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/3/29/814203/in-desperate-need-of-group

I don't know why you would think that.  Just a typical BCB closet case.

This, however, made me want to punch babies:
I would like nothing better...

... than to see the Indians win the AL pennant, led by DeRosa and Wood...

and then have the Cubs win the World Series by beating Wood in Game 7.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

by Al on Mar 29, 2009 7:44 PM CDT

What a tard machine.

I mainly assumed it because of the name. That is definitely an entertaining one. I did see that quote in there but I didn't feel like linking at all. Hell, I'm so lazy I don't even do the "descriptive link" shit. This fatness is taking a toll...

I'm pretty sure those are all real people who have no sense of how retarded they sound when they post shit like that. Fucking Cubs fans...

Joe

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: March 30, 2009, 07:53:31 AM »
From Al:

DeRo and Kerry Wood both received warm welcomes from Cubs fans; I hope those of you who subscribe to the BCB Twitter feed saw the photo of them being greeted by former teammates on the field just before the game, that I sent via TwitPic (granted, all I had was my cellphone camera, so it was a little far away).

The pic: 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: March 30, 2009, 08:04:03 AM »
Quote from: Joe on March 30, 2009, 07:53:31 AM
From Al:

DeRo and Kerry Wood both received warm welcomes from Cubs fans; I hope those of you who subscribe to the BCB Twitter feed saw the photo of them being greeted by former teammates on the field just before the game, that I sent via TwitPic (granted, all I had was my cellphone camera, so it was a little far away).

The pic: 

I got all misty-eyed at the genuine looks of affection on everyone's faces.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: March 30, 2009, 08:42:19 AM »
Quote from: Joe on March 30, 2009, 07:53:31 AM
From Al:

The pic: 

Al posts a "Twit Pic."  How appropriate.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: March 30, 2009, 08:44:32 AM »

Al is a twat.

That is all.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: March 30, 2009, 09:23:53 AM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on March 29, 2009, 07:55:12 PM
What's with the Herald calling Al a "news director"?  There's a big difference between a technical director, which is what Al does, and a news director, who runs the entire news department at the station.

My brother got a couple of books in the mail for review and one of them was by Jim McCardle, a former Cubs employee who left his job at Vine Line last year to follow the Cubs' 2008 season and write a book. I haven't read the whole thing, but it isn't much more than one of us could write, as it is basically his brief observations of day-to-day stuff mixed in with interactions with his friends and the Wrigley "locals". He is able to get some lockerroom access that helps, but nothing real insightful or controversial. It's not a bad book, but nothing spectacular.

In the book, however, are numerous mentions of Al. He does refer to him as the director of the morning news.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: March 30, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on March 30, 2009, 09:23:53 AM
In the book, however, are numerous mentions of Al. He does refer to him as the director of the morning news.

Hey-O!
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

dbal

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: March 31, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »
Pussy.

QuoteIf you thought you saw me scamper out of the way of Torii Hunter's two-run homer in the fourth inning on today's MLB Network telecast of the game, you were correct. The ball smashed onto our blanket, woke up Jessica who was napping, made a scuff on my scorecard (I wish I had a scanner here so I could show you!), clanged off the back fence, and into the hand of my friend Jim McArdle (plug coming: check out his new book "Living The Dream"), who promptly whipped it back on the field. (Wish we had a throwback ball with us.)

djkkt6

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: March 31, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »
LOL, so not only does Al go to baseball games with people who nap during them (WTF???), but he also "scampers" out of the way when a ball comes towards him?  Wow!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: March 31, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »
I managed to find this picture of Al, right as the ball was headed his way:

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: March 31, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 31, 2009, 11:09:14 PM

No, that's Chuck. Al is bald.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: March 31, 2009, 11:24:41 PM »
Quote from: dbal on March 31, 2009, 09:28:01 PM
Pussy.

QuoteIf you thought you saw me scamper out of the way of Torii Hunter's two-run homer in the fourth inning on today's MLB Network telecast of the game, you were correct. The ball smashed onto our blanket, woke up Jessica who was napping, made a scuff on my scorecard (I wish I had a scanner here so I could show you!), clanged off the back fence, and into the hand of my friend Jim McArdle (plug coming: check out his new book "Living The Dream"), who promptly whipped it back on the field. (Wish we had a throwback ball with us.)

You should create an Al Yellon gimmick account and post as him all the time.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: March 31, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »
Fucker used the word "scamper" and meant it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: March 31, 2009, 11:59:39 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on March 31, 2009, 11:23:18 PM
Quote from: MAD on March 31, 2009, 11:09:14 PM

No, that's Chuck. Al is bald.
Isn't that guy Christian?