News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,931 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #945 on: June 09, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #946 on: June 09, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 09, 2009, 10:16:08 AM
You saw that too.  I just e-mailed Al about this wonderful post.

To: al@bleedcubbieblue.com
Fr: andy@desipio.com
Re: Your "request for civility"
Time: 9:37 AM

I like to check in now and again Al and see what you're up to.  It amuses me in much the same way that the dung flinging monkeys at Brookfield do.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/6/9/903463/the-nature-of-being-a-cubs-fan-and

You rarely disappoint.  Like again today, you spend an awful lot of your time telling your readers and posters how to behave.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's nice that you have created a shelter for the shut-ins and surface-only thinkers, it keeps them away from our sites.

So thanks.  Keep up the good work.

But you do realize that if you had just left it all alone a couple of years ago it would have weeded itself out.  It always does.

No, of course you don't realize that.  What was I thinking?

Love,
Andy

Al just can't let it go...

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #947 on: June 09, 2009, 10:25:33 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 08, 2009, 10:34:54 PM
Heh heh. 

Yes!  This is the moment I've been waiting for!  I am going to preemptively ban the shit out of him.
Hire Jim Essian!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #948 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 09, 2009, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: Dave B on June 09, 2009, 10:14:40 AM
Wow. It's becoming a weekly crusade:

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/6/9/903463/the-nature-of-being-a-cubs-fan-and

Jebus that shit is eye poison.

Quote from: Breastfed Until He Was 14What I do believe is that there is more to winning baseball than numbers on a spreadsheet; it is played by human beings on a field, not on a computer, and that play can be only forecast by numbers.

And here I was thinking that spreadsheets could hit, run, throw, spit and fart. Somebody should write a pamphlet explaining which types of sentient and non-sentient beings are eligible to participate in professional baseball.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #949 on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:57 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 09, 2009, 10:16:08 AM
You saw that too.  I just e-mailed Al about this wonderful post.

To: al@bleedcubbieblue.com
Fr: andy@desipio.com
Re: Your "request for civility"
Time: 9:37 AM

I like to check in now and again Al and see what you're up to.  It amuses me in much the same way that the dung flinging monkeys at Brookfield do.

You rarely disappoint.  Like again today, you spend an awful lot of your time telling your readers and posters how to behave.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's nice that you have created a shelter for the shut-ins and surface-only thinkers, it keeps them away from our sites.

So thanks.  Keep up the good work.

But you do realize that if you had just left it all alone a couple of years ago it would have weeded itself out.  It always does.

No, of course you don't realize that.  What was I thinking?

Love,
Andy

Great post, Andy! I think we all need to remember this from time to time. I know I'll be trying extra hard to keep this in mind when I post from now on.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #950 on: June 09, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 09, 2009, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: Dave B on June 09, 2009, 10:14:40 AM
Wow. It's becoming a weekly crusade:

Jebus that shit is eye poison.

"I'm 52 years old. In sports blogging terms, that's ... well, let's just say that I'm the oldest blogger among the now more than 200 SB Nation sites. I like to think that being around all the twenty and thirty somethings who make up the bulk of the SBN bloggers helps keep me feeling young and plugged in to what's going on in the modern sports world. But I also believe that my age and the length of time I've been a fan helps give me some perspective on the Cubs and their long history... of failure, which will make the ultimate success, winning a World Series, that much sweeter when it happens."

"modern sports world"
Christ, I hate my generation sometimes.

Just so you morans know being around you idiots doesn't make me feel plugged in. It makes me feel like an old fuck.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #951 on: June 09, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
Wait, you don't subscribe to Al's opinion that watching 50 years of shitty baseball has made him a "better" fan?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #952 on: June 09, 2009, 10:48:43 AM »
Quote from: flannj on June 09, 2009, 10:44:23 AM
Just so you morans know being around you idiots doesn't make me feel plugged in. It makes me feel like an old fuck.

So, what you're saying is... it's working?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #953 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »
Some Wonderful Tidbits from the Comments section of that post: 

"Al I think your site is great. It is different from so many of the other sites out there."

"Its unfortunate that this is perhaps the 3rd or 4th posting you've made on etiquette and such so far this season, but its is always appreciative that the moderator takes a responsible role as parent and gaurdian to the rest of the family."

Parent?  Guardian?  What a fucking horseshit site.  I'm glad I only visit that site through the links in this thread.  Why I even do that, I have no idea.  I guess I'm the idiot. 

The whole written circle jerk that the comment thread became makes me want to punch the internet in the nuts. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #954 on: June 09, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on June 09, 2009, 11:00:35 AM
Some Wonderful Tidbits from the Comments section of that post: 

"Al I think your site is great. It is different from so many of the other sites out there."

"Its unfortunate that this is perhaps the 3rd or 4th posting you've made on etiquette and such so far this season, but its is always appreciative that the moderator takes a responsible role as parent and gaurdian to the rest of the family."

Parent?  Guardian?  What a fucking horseshit site.  I'm glad I only visit that site through the links in this thread.  Why I even do that, I have no idea.  I guess I'm the idiot. 

The whole written circle jerk that the comment thread became makes me want to punch the internet in the nuts. 

There's a lot of bleed between BCB and Second City Hockey, and the Yellonites aren't quite sure what do make of the guys on SCH who aren't quite the sticklers for rules & regulations...I think the only people they've banned have been trolls.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #955 on: June 09, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »
Quote from: Al Yellon
So let's go on and focus on our ideas and thoughts on improving the status of this Cubs team, which despite its injuries, bad construction and other foibles, is only 3.5 games out of first place. Perhaps out of all this turmoil will come the ultimate victory this fall. Go Cubs.

It's almost as if he thinks that the opinions on improving the Cubs actually do something... Like Hendry reads BCB or something. I know Crane Kenney does, but shit, Kenney don't know jack.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #956 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 09, 2009, 12:08:33 PM
It's almost as if he thinks that the opinions on improving the Cubs actually do something... Like Hendry reads BCB or something. I know Crane Kenney does, but shit, Kenney don't know jack.
Kenny does know one key thing.  He knows how to appeal to the fans that buy tickets regardless of quality of product.

He's the guy that makes the customer come back to the restaurant even when the customer knows the cook is spitting in the soup.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #957 on: June 09, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 09, 2009, 12:59:33 PM
Kenny does know one key thing.  He knows how to appeal to the fans that buy tickets regardless of quality of product.

He's the guy that makes the customer come back to the restaurant even when the customer knows the cook is spitting in the soup.

And Yellon is the guy who questions your loyalty when you say the soup tastes like spit. It's a symbiotic relationship.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #958 on: June 09, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2009, 01:01:48 PM

And Yellon is the guy who questions your loyalty when you say the soup tastes like spit. It's a symbiotic relationship.
Yes.  And he states that the fact that he continues to eat spitten-in soup gives him a greater right to complain as he's still a paying customer.  Perhaps it does.  But it also tells the cook that while the cook may have to hear out the complaint, he doesn't have to actually listen.

Al: "Stop spitting in the soup."
Cook: "I hear you.  We'll stop spitting in the soup.  That'll be $10 for the soup."

Next day: Cook spits in soup.
Al: "I said, stop spitting in the soup."
Cook: "I hear you.  We'll stop spitting in the soup.  That'll be $10 for the soup."

Next day: Cook spits in soup again.
Al: "I said, stop spitting in the soup.  Really!"
Cook: "I hear you.  We'll stop spitting in the soup."

Next day: Cook spits in soup again.
Al: "I REALLY MEAN IT!  Stop spitting in the soup!"
Cook: "I hear you.  We'll stop spitting in the soup.  That'll be $10 for the soup.  See you tomorrow."

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #959 on: June 09, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »

How long has Crane Kenney been actively involved with the Cubs? Only since around the time Zell bought the team in 2007, right?

I'm by no means a Kenney fan (the Greek priest thing earned him a permanent spot in the Hall of Douches), but to suggest he's somehow been tricking people into buying tickets to watch back-to-back division titles is very Chuckian of you.

Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 09, 2009, 01:15:35 PMYes.  And he states that the fact that he continues to eat spitten-in soup gives him a greater right to complain as he's still a paying customer.  Perhaps it does.  But it also tells the cook that while the cook may have to hear out the complaint, he doesn't have to actually listen.

Ah, now I understand.