News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,827 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #975 on: June 22, 2009, 10:04:35 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on June 22, 2009, 10:00:24 AM
I do recall seeing some douche in a Cubs jersey with the number 99 on it in the vicinity of where the ball landed. WTF?

I thought that looked like a Vaughan 99 Indians jersey.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #976 on: June 22, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
Shit, I should've done some research:

"And in case you thought Derrek Lee's game-tying homer in the bottom of the ninth came close to us in the left field corner, that's about the closest we've ever gotten to a ball since we moved to that section in 2006. Jessica got her hand on it, but didn't want to fight the three twentysomething men who were diving all over themselves to get the ball. (We spotted one of them later taking a picture of the ball with his cellphone camera and sending it to several friends.)"
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #977 on: June 22, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on June 22, 2009, 10:06:04 AM

"And in case you thought Derrek Lee's game-tying homer in the bottom of the ninth came close to us in the left field corner, that's about the closest we've ever gotten to a ball since we moved to that section in 2006. Jessica got her hand on it, but didn't want to fight the three twentysomething men who were diving all over themselves to get the ball. (We spotted one of them later taking a picture of the ball with his cellphone camera and sending it to several friends.)"

Such a tear-jerking story.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #978 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:08 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on June 22, 2009, 10:06:04 AM

Of course, if Al had gotten the ball, he would have taken a picture and posted it on a blog, which is far more dignified.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »
BUMP.

Al is not only declaring he's had enough of Milton Bradley, he's proving to be afflicted with early onset dementia.

QuoteBut given the passion exhibited in last night's recap regarding Milton Bradley -- and I commend all of you for keeping it on topic and not making anything personal -- I felt it was important to have a post up this morning where discussion on this issue can continue, because this appears to be a real turning point for this team, just as the Michael Barrett/A.J. Pierzynski brawl did the same thing two years ago, coincidentally in a game at the Cell.

First of all, the Barret/Pudzynski brawl was three years ago, not two years ago.  And turned the season around?  Holy shit, that's not even revisionsist; it's flat-out retardedly incorrect.

The Cubs record after the brawl at US Methular:  17-25
The Cubs record the rest of the way:  49-71

Boy did that fight turn things around.

Upon further reflection, I think pollyellon is confusing the Barret/Pudzynski with the Barrett/Zambrano from the following year.  And, while one can argue that it did, in fact, turn the season around, this was due to the fact that the fight basically numbered Lenny's days in Chicago.

Although, had the powers-that-be listened to this nitwit back then, the Cubs may not have been so lucky.

QuoteJim -- if you're reading this, it's time to make a bold move, time to shake things up, time to tell every single player and coach on this ballclub that "business as usual" (and five losses in a row is NOT good business, is it?) will not be tolerated. We discussed this at length in the bleachers today and here was our consensus.

Call up Omar Minaya and tell him Z's available, and make a deal. Now. Today, if possible, tomorrow, if not. Whatever's gotten into Z's head, it is clear that his time with the Cubs has to be up. And I hate saying that, because we all know the sort of talent Z has, and he just turned 26 today (some birthday, huh?), and he might turn in several more great seasons (although with 1/3 of this year gone and a 5.62 ERA, this year may be a lost one already). Minaya loves Z; the Mets could use him, and he's already hinted that he'd like to sign there next year (as opposed to with the Yankees, where he couldn't bat except during interleague games in NL parks), and the Mets can afford him.

I think it's safe to say that if we had held onto Meathead and let the Big Zamboni go, that the last two years would not have been as successful as they were.

I know a number of people tire of us going over there to point out AL's idiocy rather than just leaving him alone, but this was too fucking retarded to pass up.  Sorry.  I'm pretty tired of Milt's act myself, but I'm more tired of asshat Cub fans like Yellon demonstrating to the world how supremely fucking stupid they are.

Have at it.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #980 on: June 27, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
Al is a visionary.  He wanted Jim to trade Zambrano to the Mets for David Wright, Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran and turn Barrett into a closer, where his vaunted mental toughness would likely have made him the Cubs very own version of Joe Nathan.

Don't doubt Al.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #981 on: June 27, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 27, 2009, 10:31:09 AM
Al is a visionary.  He wanted Jim to trade Zambrano to the Mets for David Wright, Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran and turn Barrett into a closer, where his vaunted mental toughness would likely have made him the Cubs very own version of Joe Nathan.

Don't doubt Al.

The best part of today's link--which I didn't even scroll down to until after I had posted my Who Ya Crappin' here is this steaming pile:

QuoteYou can criticize Soriano all you want, justifiably, for his play on the field. But one thing you cannot say is that Soriano has the wrong attitude. Soriano's a leader, and he is absolutely correct. I have a lot more to say, so there's more below the fold.

This is, of course, after he cites a Chris DeLuca article iterating the same stupid and incorrect characterization of Soriano ("Veteran Alfonso Soriano, who doesn't get the credit he deserves for being a true team leader, ") to begin with.

Soriano should shut the fuck up, but not before running over Al and Chris DeLuca with his big blue truck before today's game.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #982 on: June 27, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 27, 2009, 10:25:10 AM
BUMP.

Al is not only declaring he's had enough of Milton Bradley, he's proving to be afflicted with early onset dementia.

QuoteBut given the passion exhibited in last night's recap regarding Milton Bradley -- and I commend all of you for keeping it on topic and not making anything personal -- I felt it was important to have a post up this morning where discussion on this issue can continue, because this appears to be a real turning point for this team, just as the Michael Barrett/A.J. Pierzynski brawl did the same thing two years ago, coincidentally in a game at the Cell.

First of all, the Barret/Pudzynski brawl was three years ago, not two years ago.  And turned the season around?  Holy shit, that's not even revisionsist; it's flat-out retardedly incorrect.

The Cubs record after the brawl at US Methular:  17-25
The Cubs record the rest of the way:  49-71

Boy did that fight turn things around.

Upon further reflection, I think pollyellon is confusing the Barret/Pudzynski with the Barrett/Zambrano from the following year.  And, while one can argue that it did, in fact, turn the season around, this was due to the fact that the fight basically numbered Lenny's days in Chicago.

Although, had the powers-that-be listened to this nitwit back then, the Cubs may not have been so lucky.

QuoteJim -- if you're reading this, it's time to make a bold move, time to shake things up, time to tell every single player and coach on this ballclub that "business as usual" (and five losses in a row is NOT good business, is it?) will not be tolerated. We discussed this at length in the bleachers today and here was our consensus.

Call up Omar Minaya and tell him Z's available, and make a deal. Now. Today, if possible, tomorrow, if not. Whatever's gotten into Z's head, it is clear that his time with the Cubs has to be up. And I hate saying that, because we all know the sort of talent Z has, and he just turned 26 today (some birthday, huh?), and he might turn in several more great seasons (although with 1/3 of this year gone and a 5.62 ERA, this year may be a lost one already). Minaya loves Z; the Mets could use him, and he's already hinted that he'd like to sign there next year (as opposed to with the Yankees, where he couldn't bat except during interleague games in NL parks), and the Mets can afford him.

I think it's safe to say that if we had held onto Meathead and let the Big Zamboni go, that the last two years would not have been as successful as they were.

I know a number of people tire of us going over there to point out AL's idiocy rather than just leaving him alone, but this was too fucking retarded to pass up.  Sorry.  I'm pretty tired of Milt's act myself, but I'm more tired of asshat Cub fans like Yellon demonstrating to the world how supremely fucking stupid they are.

Have at it.

QuoteFirst, I continue to stand by the two things I posted last night regarding things I have heard about Milton Bradley. I learned these a couple of weeks ago but decided to sit on them at the time, only posting them last night because I felt they were relevant to yesterday's incident. No, I can't and won't post names. Believe what you will, but I have absolutely no doubt I was told the truth.

"Hey everyone, look at me!  I have inside knowledge!  NO ONE IS AS PLUGGED IN AS I AM!  Deep Goat is just the tip of my insider iceberg!  I will never actually share this information with you peons, I just like to write it down on notecards and flip through them at home to remind me how much more I know about the Cubs than you."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #983 on: June 27, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that "Deep Goat" is the most retarded nickname for anything ever.
Hire Jim Essian!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #984 on: June 27, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 27, 2009, 04:39:04 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that "Deep Goat" is the most retarded nickname for anything ever.

If you were a real actual news television journalist you'd appreciate it.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #985 on: June 27, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »
I just took it to mean that Al sticks his cock down a goat's throat.
What else could it mean?

oldstyle40oz

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #986 on: June 28, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
This was posted on a different forum but I think it bears reposting...

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #987 on: June 28, 2009, 08:04:28 AM »
Quote from: oldstyle40oz on June 28, 2009, 07:59:11 AM

SAP Y'all Dang.

But nice entrance though

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #988 on: June 28, 2009, 08:56:23 AM »

Who.
Found.
That.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #989 on: June 28, 2009, 08:58:50 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2009, 08:56:23 AM

Who.
Found.
That.

It feels like you're missing a question mark...somewhere.  Anywhere.