News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,959 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #990 on: June 28, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
WORST CASE SCENARIO BITCHES: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/6/28/928164/worst-case-scenario-mark-derosa

Quote from: FuckFace
Someone suggested Marco Scutaro in another thread
In addition to Mark Teahen, Scutaro might be a useful pickup. He's having a career year — why not try to take advantage of it?

Scutaro hits right handed, so Lou might not be on board with it. Teahen's quite a bit younger, too, so he'd be my first choice.

Really? A team that is 2 games out of the wildcard is going to sell?

Quote from: FuckFace
What gets me is what St. Louis gave up to get him. Chris Perez and a PTBNL. You have to be kidding me -- Perez, who will be 24 on Wednesday, is a good young reliever who throws hard, but is no sure thing. You're telling me the Cubs couldn't have matched this with Jose Ascanio and Jeff Stevens? Or thrown in a third player?

And then someone points out the idiocy of that statement:

Ascanio is not Perez

Chris Perez is considered a potential closer. Just look at 2008 in AAA:

Ascanio: 54 hits and 58 K's in 54 innings.
Perez: 18 hits and 38 K's in 25 innings (plus time in StL)

Suggesting multiple players is the same silly argument of quantity over quality. The Cubs do not have a near-ready prospect at the level of Perez.

That potential closer thing is what my Cardinal fan buddy said to me when he told me about the trade. He actually wasn't all that cracked up about it. He's not objecting but it's more of a Yeti-movie feeling: "Meh".

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #991 on: June 28, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »
DPD.

I really think this DeRosa trade makes me pretty fucking happy. Why? Well, morons like this provide the world with so much entertainment: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/6/28/928089/jim-hendry-should-resign

DeRosa in a Cardinals uni = Jeter in a Red Sox uni?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #992 on: June 28, 2009, 10:26:03 AM »
So, Hendry could've gotten Chris Perez/PTBNL instead of Stevens/Gaub/Archer?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #993 on: June 28, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 28, 2009, 10:26:03 AM
So, Hendry could've gotten Chris Perez/PTBNL instead of Stevens/Gaub/Archer?

I like to think of it as the cubs traded Derosa to the Cardinals for Miles, Perez, and a PTBNL.  Then, they shipped Perez and the PTBNL to Cleveland for Stevens/Gaub/Archer. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #994 on: June 28, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2009, 08:56:23 AM
Quote from: oldstyle40oz on June 28, 2009, 07:59:11 AM
This was posted on a different forum but I think it bears reposting...

Who.
Found.
That.

Whoever found that needs to keep on digging...

"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #995 on: June 28, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »
Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2009, 02:10:34 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2009, 08:56:23 AM
Quote from: oldstyle40oz on June 28, 2009, 07:59:11 AM
This was posted on a different forum but I think it bears reposting...

Who.
Found.
That.

Whoever found that needs to keep on digging...

Oh, so the robot was spanking her?

Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #996 on: June 28, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #997 on: June 29, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »
QuoteRich Harden, who got hit pretty hard in his last two starts, was nearly unhittable Monday. He scattered nine hits 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #998 on: June 30, 2009, 09:41:55 AM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on June 29, 2009, 11:16:58 PM
QuoteRich Harden, who got hit pretty hard in his last two starts, was nearly unhittable Monday. He scattered nine hits 

Heh heh. 

That's actually pretty consistent, coming as it does from the same cognitively-challenged clown who argued that if you simply remove all of the bad things from a guy's statistics (his example in the Spring was Micah Hoffpauer, but it's a pretty common--if utterly retarded--rhettorical device) that his numbers actually look pretty swell.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #999 on: June 30, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 30, 2009, 09:41:55 AM

Heh heh. 

That's actually pretty consistent, coming as it does from the same cognitively-challenged clown who argued that if you simply remove all of the bad things from a guy's statistics (his example in the Spring was Micah Hoffpauer, but it's a pretty common--if utterly retarded--rhettorical device) that his numbers actually look pretty swell.
I still have access.  I'm going to use this if you don't mind me going all Neil Kinnock-Elisabeth Hasselbeck with your stuff.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1000 on: June 30, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 30, 2009, 10:08:20 AM

Heh heh. 

I still have access.  I'm going to use this if you don't mind me going all Neil Kinnock-Elisabeth Hasselbeck with your stuff.

By all means. 

What did that idiot airhead say anyway?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1001 on: June 30, 2009, 10:18:03 AM »

Heh heh. 

Someone pointed it out to him to my delight: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/6/29/929959/cubs-find-favorite-punching-bag#17595376

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1002 on: July 23, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »
Al is now the Mayor of Philadelphia:

"All of this happened right after BCB reader Connecticut Cubs Fan came by to say hi -- risking his life to get past the ushers at Citizens Bank Park, who won't let you go and visit friends in another section. By Wednesday they had gotten used to me being in section 141 so several BCB readers (sdurst, wrigley12 among others, and sorry if I left you out!) were able to stop by and say hi.

I'm being too hard on the CBP employees -- in general, they were friendly and efficient, and even when chasing people away from the fence two rows in front of me they were nice about it. "
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1003 on: July 23, 2009, 04:03:43 PM »
First off, I find it hard to believe anybody really wanted to visit him in his section.

Secondly, he says that the stands are full, so why is he surprised that ushers would be "ushering" people away from sections they don't have seats in, and therefore have to fuck up somebody else's view to pay homage to the oldest living bologna addict in captivity?  Couldn't he have left his seat for a few minutes talked to them on the concourse (where they could all still see the game) and then returned to his seat?

Oh, and he had one just as good as his one about Harden being unhittable and giving up nine hits.  He said Zambrano "sailed along with little trouble."  Zambrano gave up ten hits and four walks in seven innings.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1004 on: July 23, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »
Quote from: Andy on July 23, 2009, 04:03:43 PM
First off, I find it hard to believe anybody really wanted to visit him in his section.
Only because you haven't seen his "group."  Many of these people are allergic to fresh air.