News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,971 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1005 on: July 23, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 23, 2009, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: Andy on July 23, 2009, 04:03:43 PM
First off, I find it hard to believe anybody really wanted to visit him in his section.
Only because you haven't seen his "group."  Many of these people are allergic to fresh air.

Everyone in Mom's Basement hates Al.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1006 on: July 23, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »
First off, I find it hard to believe anybody really wanted to visit him in his section.

Secondly, he says that the stands are full, so why is he surprised that ushers would be "ushering" people away from sections they don't have seats in, and therefore have to fuck up somebody else's view to pay homage to the oldest living bologna addict in captivity?  Couldn't he have left his seat for a few minutes talked to them on the concourse (where they could all still see the game) and then returned to his seat?

Oh, and he had one just as good as his one about Harden being unhittable and giving up nine hits.  He said Zambrano "sailed along with little trouble."  Zambrano gave up ten hits and four walks in seven innings.

If you take away the 2nd, the 5th, the 6th, and the 7th innings, that outing was a piece of cake for Zambrano.
Hire Jim Essian!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1007 on: July 23, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 23, 2009, 04:46:47 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 23, 2009, 04:44:34 PM
Only because you haven't seen his "group."  Many of these people are allergic to fresh air.

Everyone in Mom's Basement hates Al the real world.

Reality'd.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1008 on: July 24, 2009, 09:24:01 AM »
Now that's what we in the journalism biz call a hot lede!

QuotePHILADELPHIA -- They put the scoreboard in the wrong place at Citizens Bank Park. It's behind the left field stands -- which means that not only is it not visible from large swaths of seats, but it blocks what would have been a really nice view of the Philadelphia skyline that you can see in the photo I took before last night's game. Granted, there were low clouds blocking the view, but on a sunny day, that would have been a really nice vista. From my seat in the LF corner, you have to crane your neck to see the board. They put some of the information available there on other boards, but it's scattered around and hard to fix your eye on one place to find it all.
The board should have been placed in center field, where more people could see it.

And here is the beautiful, don't-need-binoculars-at-all view that has Al crying into his bologna without:

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 24, 2009, 09:24:01 AM
Now that's what we in the journalism biz call a hot lede!

QuotePHILADELPHIA -- They put the scoreboard in the wrong place at Citizens Bank Park. It's behind the left field stands -- which means that not only is it not visible from large swaths of seats, but it blocks what would have been a really nice view of the Philadelphia skyline that you can see in the photo I took before last night's game. Granted, there were low clouds blocking the view, but on a sunny day, that would have been a really nice vista. From my seat in the LF corner, you have to crane your neck to see the board. They put some of the information available there on other boards, but it's scattered around and hard to fix your eye on one place to find it all.
The board should have been placed in center field, where more people could see it.

And here is the beautiful, don't-need-binoculars-at-all view that has Al crying into his bologna without:

Al also thinks the PA system is TOO LOUD.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1010 on: July 24, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »

Philadelphia sucks*

*except for Pat's Steaks and Teddy Pendergrass
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1011 on: July 25, 2009, 12:45:14 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 24, 2009, 10:12:37 AM

Philadelphia sucks*

You forgot New Edition...

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1012 on: July 25, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on July 25, 2009, 12:45:14 AM

Philadelphia sucks*

You forgot New Edition Boyz II Men?...

ABC, BBD'd

New Edition hailed from Roxbury, bro.

Philly has also boasts The Roots and...

Hall. And. Motherfucking. Oates.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1013 on: July 25, 2009, 01:44:39 AM »
I once had a random person on the street threaten to punch me for wearing a tie in "Fishtown."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1014 on: July 25, 2009, 03:34:26 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 25, 2009, 01:44:39 AM
I once had a random person on the street threaten to punch me for wearing a tie in "Fishtown."

It wasn't because you had a shirt with Vicante's dong was it?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1015 on: July 25, 2009, 06:14:29 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on July 25, 2009, 03:34:26 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 25, 2009, 01:44:39 AM

It wasn't because you had a shirt with Vicante's dong was it?

No, that would likely have been mistaken for a disembodied capicola, in which case they would have volunteered to become my servants.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1016 on: July 25, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1017 on: July 25, 2009, 09:17:06 AM »
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1018 on: July 25, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2009, 01:09:44 AM
Quote from: powen01 on July 25, 2009, 12:45:14 AM

Philadelphia sucks*

You forgot New Edition Boyz II Men?...

ABC, BBD'd

New Edition hailed from Roxbury, bro.

Philly has also boasts The Roots and...

Hall. And. Motherfucking. Oates.

I suck for getting my music acts confused. 

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1019 on: July 25, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »
How badly am I going to get mocked for saying I like G. Love & Special Sauce?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen