News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,981 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1035 on: September 25, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 25, 2009, 01:52:56 PM
Well, it's one of two things.

Either it's the comment I made in my back and forth with Mercurial Outfielder over at ACB where I suggested my biggest problem with Ricketts is that Al likes him:

http://www.anothercubsblog.net/index.php/site/comments/cubs-sale-clears-bankruptcy-court/#2

...or it was my 5th comment of the year (not season, year!) over at BCB:

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/9/17/1035417/7-back-17-to-go-cubs-nearly-done#21388163

...which seems to have been deleted.

I sent him this:

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:08 PM
To: al@yellon.org
Subject: Heh

So, you finally got around to banning me.

Man, you are gutless.

See, if it's deleted, that link doesn't really help us.  What did you say?
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1036 on: September 25, 2009, 02:08:30 PM »

I'm a little disappointed that Yellon's on our "testimonials" page, and we haven't gotten even a sternly-worded email yet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1037 on: September 25, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 25, 2009, 01:44:15 PM
Spill it, Chuck.  What did you do?

And why is your computer so tiny?

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1038 on: September 25, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
I don't even recall what I said.

I did get a response back from him.  Here's what he said:

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:24 PM
To: Chuck Gitles
Subject: Re: Heh

You know, normally I'd have ignored an email like this, but one word prompted my response.

"Gutless".

No, Chuck, "gutless" is posting lies about me and my work on "Cubs By The Numbers" on the Internet and encouraging others to promote those lies as the truth.

If you would like to discuss this issue and others that separate us, I will be happy to do so, but only in person. None of this "anonymity of the Internet" BS.

Really, you and I should get along, since we DO want the same thing -- a Cubs World Series champinonship -- and I wish I could do so with you and some of the others who spend far more hours than they should thinking about how to mock me.

If you want to man up and discuss this, I'm open.

Al

And my reply to his reply:

So, your response to these "lies" is to ban me instead of confront me on it?  On something from how long ago?  A year?

As to "anonymity of the Internet," you have my full name, address and phone numbers (work and cell).  I've come to the bleachers to say hello.  I introduced you to my kid.  So much for anonymity.

That's gutless.

What else you got?

Chuck

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1039 on: September 25, 2009, 02:17:37 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 25, 2009, 02:14:23 PM

You know, normally I'd have ignored an email like this, but one word prompted my response.

"Gutless".

No, Chuck, "gutless" is posting lies about me and my work on "Cubs By The Numbers" on the Internet and encouraging others to promote those lies as the truth.

If you would like to discuss this issue and others that separate us, I will be happy to do so, but only in person. None of this "anonymity of the Internet" BS.

Really, you and I should get along, since we DO want the same thing -- a Cubs World Series champinonship -- and I wish I could do so with you and some of the others who spend far more hours than they should thinking about how to mock me.

Al

So, your response to these "lies" is to ban me instead of confront me on it?  On something from how long ago?  A year?

As to "anonymity of the Internet," you have my full name, address and phone numbers (work and cell).  I've come to the bleachers to say hello.  I introduced you to my kid.  So much for anonymity.

That's gutless.

What else you got?

Chuck

Why even go to those lengths?  Avoid that man like the plague.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1040 on: September 25, 2009, 02:18:36 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 25, 2009, 02:17:37 PM

"Gutless".

Al

That's gutless.

What else you got?

Chuck

Shut the fuck up man. No way this doesn't end as a win for the rest of us.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1041 on: September 25, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 25, 2009, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 25, 2009, 02:17:37 PM

"Gutless".

Al

That's gutless.

What else you got?

Chuck

Shut the fuck up man. No way this doesn't end as a win for the rest of us.

I'm saying, why even go in the bleachers to talk to him or all of the other niceties of pleasant society.  Al clearly is a piece of shit, unworthy of basic civility or decency.  Fuck him.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1042 on: September 25, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »

"Gutless".

Al

That's gutless.

What else you got?

Chuck

Intrepid Reader: Al Yellon
"What you are I can't say on the air, but I tell you what. My office is at 190 N. State...I'm 52 years old, but you come down here and I'll whip your ass."

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1043 on: September 25, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »
How can you all be talking about Al when Yeti's fatass is posting away about headwinder/tailwinder dating on teh 4 letter site?

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/bridge/index.php?f=15&t=55793&rb_v=viewtopic

"That's the thing. I just date based on chemistry, and you don't usually know someone's financial situation when you first meet them."

or

"This tends to be a real problem in Chicago. A lot of women from families with money come from all over and end up here. Its sad when you date a gal who has about the same job as you (and presumably makes about the same salary): yet she lives in a 2 bedroom lakefront tower and drives a brand new BMW SUV.

I went through the same thing of dating women who were still getting money from daddy and expecting me to spend on them like I also got a mad money allowance. Its not worth it."

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1044 on: September 25, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
I know we've had our differences Internet Chuck, so let's cut through the crap.  I've only got one thing to say to you.  STRIKE THIS MOTHER FUCKER OUT.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1045 on: September 25, 2009, 02:41:45 PM »
I'm surprised/disappointed that none of the more devious/enterprising sorts around here have made a Yellon Wiki page yet.
TIME TO POST!

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1046 on: September 25, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »
Fork: Two minutes for Instigating.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1047 on: September 25, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on September 25, 2009, 02:51:55 PM
Fork: Two minutes for Instigating. needlessly trying to get people to inflate that twathead's sense of self-worth.

Why?'d.

Besides, there is this.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1048 on: September 25, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 25, 2009, 02:41:45 PM
I'm surprised/disappointed that none of the more devious/enterprising sorts around here have made a Yellon Wiki page yet.

There have been enterprising folks who made their own wiki sandbox, but no denigration of Yellon here.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1049 on: September 25, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »
Quote from: MAD on September 25, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
Quote from: Dave B on September 25, 2009, 02:51:55 PM
Fork: Two minutes for Instigating. needlessly trying to get people to inflate that twathead's sense of self-worth.

Why?'d.

Besides, there is this.

Quote from: Brownie on September 25, 2009, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 25, 2009, 02:41:45 PM

There have been enterprising folks who made their own wiki sandbox, but no denigration of Yellon here.

Can we really trust this site?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?