News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,070 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1065 on: September 26, 2009, 02:51:24 PM »
If you're going to get all Statphaggy about this, you need to factor in the forty thousand posts that got Rattoed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1066 on: September 29, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »
He wrote back!

Quote-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:21 PM
To: Chuck Gitles
Subject: Re: Heh

Disingenuous. Introducing me to your kid and giving me your phone numbers has nothing to do with the lies that you posted.

And don't put lies in quotes, because they were -- and are -- exactly that.
Lies. Untruths. Falsehoods.

If you would like to know the truth, let's meet and hash this out.

I tried to be conciliatory by the end of the email and you decided to call "gutless" again, which is BS.

So which is it? Gutless? Or ready to be an actual human being and solve a problem?

Your move.

Al

Here's my response to his response.

QuoteYou are really unbelievable.

Yes, introducing you to my kid and giving you my phone number has nothing to do with "lies" that I posted.  It has to do with you suggesting I was using the "anonymity of the Internet" as a shield to cower behind.  See, when I wrote, "As to 'anonymity of the Internet'," that's what I was talking about.

I put "lies" in quotes because, unless you are talking about a message board post from March 24th, 2009, I can't even find an instance of me commenting on your "work" on the book.  I used the scare quotes because, without any evidence, your use of the word "lies" does not have the conventional meaning of "lies."  Oh, and that post from the message board?  It had to do with how much Kasey got paid and that Kasey had been culling scorecards for years.  Unless you are suggesting that it was a lie that he had been collecting scorecards, then I have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe somewhere else I posted "lies", but I have no idea where and when.

But even that isn't the real issue.  I called you gutless because of the way you have reacted.  Instead of making the effort of direct contact, you chose the passive-aggressive approach of banning me from your site.  That's cowardly, especially if you believe I defamed you.  Even more so given that you have my contact information.

Furthermore, the banning happened within the past few days.  Your stated reason for banning me is some unknown comments from months back.  So, either you just discovered these "comments" or you needed an excuse to ban me now because of something else.

The bottom line is this: For an internet blogger, you have skin thinner than that of a molted snake.  Your opinions are out there for everyone to see and comment on.  Bloggers have to be prepared to handle criticism, even if some of it is over the top.  I'd love to see the e-mail boxes of Andrew Sullivan or James Taranto or Josh Marshall.  They probably get more hate mail in a day than perceived insults you've received in years.  Yet they handle it.  How many people have you banned?  Just how cozy do you need your little cocoon to be?  Are you really that much of a control freak or are you simply scared that your statements cannot withstand the scrutiny of the mass public?  Given your reactions of non-engagement and passive retribution, my money's on scared.

As to meeting with you face-to-face, no thanks.  I can't see what good would come from the use of my time.  I have little interest in your mutual admiration and deletion of contrary opinion society and you aren't Virgil Sollozzo.

There's my move.  I'm done.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1067 on: September 29, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 29, 2009, 11:29:33 AM
He wrote back!

I still see the possibility of HJE.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1068 on: September 29, 2009, 11:33:57 AM »
He wrote back!

Disingenuous. Introducing me to your kid and giving me your phone numbers has nothing to do with the lies that you posted.

I tried to be conciliatory by the end of the email and you decided to call "gutless" again, which is BS.

So which is it? Gutless? Or ready to be an actual human being and solve a problem?

Your move.

Al

Yes, introducing you to my kid and giving you my phone number has nothing to do with "lies" that I posted.  It has to do with you suggesting I was using the "anonymity of the Internet" as a shield to cower behind.  See, when I wrote, "As to 'anonymity of the Internet'," that's what I was talking about.

I put "lies" in quotes because, unless you are talking about a message board post from March 24th, 2009, I can't even find an instance of me commenting on your "work" on the book.  I used the scare quotes because, without any evidence, your use of the word "lies" does not have the conventional meaning of "lies."  Oh, and that post from the message board?  It had to do with how much Kasey got paid and that Kasey had been culling scorecards for years.  Unless you are suggesting that it was a lie that he had been collecting scorecards, then I have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe somewhere else I posted "lies", but I have no idea where and when.

But even that isn't the real issue.  I called you gutless because of the way you have reacted.  Instead of making the effort of direct contact, you chose the passive-aggressive approach of banning me from your site.  That's cowardly, especially if you believe I defamed you.  Even more so given that you have my contact information.

Furthermore, the banning happened within the past few days.  Your stated reason for banning me is some unknown comments from months back.  So, either you just discovered these "comments" or you needed an excuse to ban me now because of something else.

The bottom line is this: For an internet blogger, you have skin thinner than that of a molted snake.  Your opinions are out there for everyone to see and comment on.  Bloggers have to be prepared to handle criticism, even if some of it is over the top.  I'd love to see the e-mail boxes of Andrew Sullivan or James Taranto or Josh Marshall.  They probably get more hate mail in a day than perceived insults you've received in years.  Yet they handle it.  How many people have you banned?  Just how cozy do you need your little cocoon to be?  Are you really that much of a control freak or are you simply scared that your statements cannot withstand the scrutiny of the mass public?  Given your reactions of non-engagement and passive retribution, my money's on scared.

As to meeting with you face-to-face, no thanks.  I can't see what good would come from the use of my time.  I have little interest in your mutual admiration and deletion of contrary opinion society and you aren't Virgil Sollozzo.

Why did you guys use typewriters?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1069 on: September 29, 2009, 11:35:24 AM »
LSA!
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1070 on: September 29, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
Chuck touched me.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1071 on: September 29, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »
He wrote back!

Your move.

Al

That's pretty good, Chuck.  Nice move.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »

I'm guessing Al never graduated college.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on September 29, 2009, 11:33:57 AM
Why did you guys use typewriters?

Tiny typewriters, at that.

To match your tiny computer?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1074 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1075 on: September 29, 2009, 12:57:11 PM »
That was probably the most amazing thing I've read in a while.  Nicely done.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1076 on: September 29, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »
Thanks for the kudos.  I wonder if he knows the Sollozzo reference?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1077 on: September 29, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
I'd also like to express, er, my fondness for that particular email.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1078 on: September 29, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »
Meh.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1079 on: September 29, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on September 29, 2009, 01:38:50 PM
I'd also like to express, er, my fondness for that particular email.

The man's never read an email in his life...