News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,945 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1080 on: September 29, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 29, 2009, 01:03:09 PM
Thanks for the kudos.  I wonder if he knows the Sollozzo reference?

If he did, you should offer to meet him at Tuscany after a game, he can even drive you two.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

djkkt6

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1081 on: October 03, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »
One time, I wrote a nasty email to a company who's product didn't work.  I was proud of that email. 

Maybe I should post that in this thread too so that I can feel loved from random people who I don't know. 

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1082 on: October 03, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
Quote from: djkkt6 on October 03, 2009, 11:48:48 AM
One time, I wrote a nasty email to a company who's product didn't work.  I was proud of that email. 

Maybe I should post that in this thread too so that I can feel loved from random people who I don't know. 

Quote from: HHCBH Art KlepsOf course, only those who make some advances against it ever get a good look at it, ever learn the identity and the location of the enemy, as it were.  The rest are slaves without knowing it.

The other day I got some plans for a little plywood boat, and discovered what seemed to me to be a serious error in the drawings of the bow.  I wrote to the company, one of the two largest in the nation, and asked about it.  "You are quite right," the reply came back, "the line on the drawing of the bow is in the improper position.  Over the past couple of years, more than 3,000 8-Balls have been made, but you are the first one to make a comment on this fact..."

Only a week earlier, I had received a letter from the young lady art director of one of the biggest art print houses in the country (I had complained about the quality of a Maxfield Parrish I ordered--it looked murky to me):

"At last!  A real live opinion ... I've had to contend with oceans of praise ... We've sold hundreds of thousands ... no attempt was made to correct the color ... I feel embarrassed and infuriated ... disgusted..." (Italics are mine.)

People who build boats and order art prints are not stupid.  The various generals who always assaulted impregnable positions in the Civil War before Grant came along were not stupid.  All those southern planters who never once considered that you could pull the cotton away from the seeds instead of the seeds away from the cotton were not stupid.  All those sea captains who failed to include a couple barrels of dried lemons in their list of stores before sailing were not stupid.

They were enchanted.

Or, to put it more constructively, there were not sufficiently disenchanted.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1083 on: October 03, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »

Thjkkts.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1084 on: October 03, 2009, 02:59:23 PM »

Was that product the Cubs?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1085 on: October 03, 2009, 03:41:55 PM »
One time, I wrote a nasty email to a company who's product didn't work.

Hypothetically speaking, when you finally found yourself an alternative product that actually worked, did you find that you primarily used said product to complain about the product that didn't work?

(With maybe the occasional detour into using it to talk about Entourage?)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1086 on: October 30, 2009, 04:18:47 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1087 on: October 30, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »
Quote from: B-B-Bears on October 30, 2009, 04:18:47 PM
Tom Ricketts: " "GETS" " IT

I didn't read anything in there about Crane Kenney being run out of town on a rail. 
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1088 on: October 30, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 30, 2009, 04:31:39 PM
Quote from: B-B-Bears on October 30, 2009, 04:18:47 PM
Tom Ricketts: " "GETS" " IT

I didn't read anything in there about Crane Kenney being run out of town on a rail. 

Sap yo, douche.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1089 on: October 31, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1091 on: December 31, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »
At first I was going to be ANGRY when I saw the most recent BCB guidelines post, but I think we can look at it a different way.

When you look at the "Meta BCB" tag (which is where Al puts his Guidelines posts) you can see that there are 6 posts in 2009 that involve treating others with respect. 6!

It's comforting to know that the site that Al holds so dear is very much so subject to the clusterfuck that the internet can be.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1092 on: December 31, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »
Also, his post on Byrd is great:

QuoteThe money doesn't seem too bad -- $5 million a year. But seriously, has Jim Hendry learned nothing from the multiyear debacles of the past? Three years??? By the time this deal ends, Byrd will be 35. Will he even be able to play center field by then?

I can't understand why this couldn't have been done with a two-year deal at that kind of money. No one else seemed to be bidding for Byrd.

He wasn't my first, second or third choice. All we can do is hope that the next three years will be a repeat of Byrd's 2008 and 2009 seasons. Otherwise this is a waste of money. And further, let's hope this works out better than Hendry's last New Year's Eve signing.

Nope, Al. No 35 year old plays CF.

Also, I added a link his thing about no one interested or bidding on Byrd

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1093 on: December 31, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »
Never mind that Al wants Marlon to repeat his 2008 and 2009 seasons, when 2007 and 2008 were the good ones.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1094 on: December 31, 2009, 07:26:01 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 31, 2009, 12:26:59 PM
At first I was going to be ANGRY when I saw the most recent BCB guidelines post, but I think we can look at it a different way.

Why?  Who cares?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?