News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,910 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1320 on: July 22, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 22, 2010, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 22, 2010, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on July 22, 2010, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 21, 2010, 10:30:11 PM
Quoteby Al Yellon on Jul 21, 2010 11:30 AM CDT

There's one more difference between Piniella and Houk. Ralph Houk was a backup catcher for the Yankees in the 1940's and 1950's who, I was surprised to learn, is still living, nearly 91 years old.

QuotePublished: July 21, 2010 at 11:19 PM [EDT]

WINTER HAVEN, Fla., July 21 (UPI) -- Ralph Houk, who won 1,619 games as a major league manager and led the New York Yankees to two World Series titles, died Wednesday, his family said.

So the main difference between Piniella and Houk was that Houk was still alive? 

Lou and I are a lot a like in that neither of us is ex-backup Yankees catcher and manager Ralph Houk.

Prove it, Romeo.

Lou and Ralph Houk have also never been PERFECT GAMED in a softball game.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1321 on: July 22, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 22, 2010, 01:17:16 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 22, 2010, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 22, 2010, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on July 22, 2010, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 21, 2010, 10:30:11 PM
Quoteby Al Yellon on Jul 21, 2010 11:30 AM CDT

There's one more difference between Piniella and Houk. Ralph Houk was a backup catcher for the Yankees in the 1940's and 1950's who, I was surprised to learn, is still living, nearly 91 years old.

QuotePublished: July 21, 2010 at 11:19 PM [EDT]

WINTER HAVEN, Fla., July 21 (UPI) -- Ralph Houk, who won 1,619 games as a major league manager and led the New York Yankees to two World Series titles, died Wednesday, his family said.

So the main difference between Piniella and Houk was that Houk was still alive? 

Lou and I are a lot a like in that neither of us is ex-backup Yankees catcher and manager Ralph Houk.

Prove it, Romeo.

Lou and Ralph Houk have also never been PERFECT GAMED in a softball game.

The url "fireralphhouk.com" is still available.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1322 on: July 30, 2010, 04:10:37 PM »
We have found the new Adam Dunn...

"The point is that I think October 3 will end Derrek Lee's tenure with the Cubs and they'll be looking for a first baseman. There is no obvious -- or even non-obvious -- choice in the Cubs' farm system. The club wants to get younger, and we have already seen the beginnings of this with the recalls of Starlin Castro and Andrew Cashner and the development of Tyler Colvin into an everyday player.

I've mentioned Royals minor league first baseman Kila Ka`aihue here a number of times. Follow me past the jump to find out why I think Jim Hendry should call up Dayton Moore -- whether now or later -- to deal for Kila and give him the regular first base job for the Cubs in 2011.

In 2008, Ka`aihue, then 24, had a monster season split between the Royals' Double-A team, then at Wichita, and their Triple-A affiliate at Omaha. He hit .314/.456/.628 (yes, that's not a typo: a 1.084 OPS) with 37 HR, 100 RBI and 104 walks with only 67 strikeouts. He got a September callup to the Royals where he went 6-for-21, hit a homer and drew three walks in 24 plate appearances."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1323 on: July 30, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 30, 2010, 04:10:37 PM

"The point is that I think October 3 will end Derrek Lee's tenure with the Cubs and they'll be looking for a first baseman. There is no obvious -- or even non-obvious -- choice in the Cubs' farm system. The club wants to get younger, and we have already seen the beginnings of this with the recalls of Starlin Castro and Andrew Cashner and the development of Tyler Colvin into an everyday player.

I've mentioned Royals minor league first baseman Kila Ka`aihue here a number of times. Follow me past the jump to find out why I think Jim Hendry should call up Dayton Moore -- whether now or later -- to deal for Kila and give him the regular first base job for the Cubs in 2011.

In 2008, Ka`aihue, then 24, had a monster season split between the Royals' Double-A team, then at Wichita, and their Triple-A affiliate at Omaha. He hit .314/.456/.628 (yes, that's not a typo: a 1.084 OPS) with 37 HR, 100 RBI and 104 walks with only 67 strikeouts. He got a September callup to the Royals where he went 6-for-21, hit a homer and drew three walks in 24 plate appearances."

This isn't a terrible idea, actually.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1324 on: July 30, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 30, 2010, 04:15:44 PM

Holy shit is Al bad at trades.  Does he think Kansas City will just give him away?

QuoteThe Cubs (sic) could select a couple of pitchers from among a group including John Gaub, Craig Muschko, Christopher Carpenter (at least) and Jake Muyco, or, if the Royals want pitchers with major league experience, offer them Jeff Stevens, Jeff Gray, Mitch Atkins (will be 25 in October, profiles as a middle reliever at best), Blake Parker or J. R. Mathes or a combination of the above.

Apparently if you throw enough crappy late-20s relievers at them, most of whom aren't even doing well in Des Moines, the Cubs can trade for anyone!  KC would ask for Cashner, Colvin, Vitters, Jay Jackson, Brett Jackson, guys like that.  Carpenter is by far the best player he mentioned.  The rest are just junk.

QuoteGetting a hitter like this would save money and allow the Cubs to perhaps sign or trade for some pitching help, or keep Ted Lilly.

We all love Ted, but really?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1325 on: July 30, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 30, 2010, 04:55:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 30, 2010, 04:15:44 PM

Holy shit is Al bad at trades.  Does he think Kansas City will just give him away?

QuoteThe Cubs (sic) could select a couple of pitchers from among a group including John Gaub, Craig Muschko, Christopher Carpenter (at least) and Jake Muyco, or, if the Royals want pitchers with major league experience, offer them Jeff Stevens, Jeff Gray, Mitch Atkins (will be 25 in October, profiles as a middle reliever at best), Blake Parker or J. R. Mathes or a combination of the above.

Apparently if you throw enough crappy late-20s relievers at them, most of whom aren't even doing well in Des Moines, the Cubs can trade for anyone!  KC would ask for Cashner, Colvin, Vitters, Jay Jackson, Brett Jackson, guys like that.  Carpenter is by far the best player he mentioned.  The rest are just junk.

QuoteGetting a hitter like this would save money and allow the Cubs to perhaps sign or trade for some pitching help, or keep Ted Lilly.

We all love Ted, but really?

DPD.  It's also a hitter's league, and Kila is already 26, and he's repeating the level for the second time.  On second thought, maybe that junk will get it done.  Or maybe they can just swap for our version of Kila straight-up.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1326 on: July 30, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »

KC would probably ask for Ryan Theriot, because they're the dumbest organization in baseball and they love guys like him.  If they actually liked Ka'aihue, he'd have more than 21 at-bats at the major league level.  Dayton Moore makes Hendry look like a hybrid of John Schuerholz and Albert Einstein.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1327 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
If the obvious tactic of stocking up on Tongans wherever they might be found had not been ignored, this discussion would not be necessary.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1328 on: July 31, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »
Apparently if you throw enough crappy late-20s relievers at them, most of whom aren't even doing well in Des Moines, the Cubs can trade for anyone!

You can never have enough pitching!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1329 on: August 03, 2010, 06:30:39 PM »
Stiffies for everybody at the four-letter site. Adam Dunn has been placed on waivers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100803&content_id=12968466&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

MAKE THE CLAIM JIM!!!!!
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1330 on: August 03, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 03, 2010, 06:30:39 PM
Stiffies for everybody at the four-letter site. Adam Dunn has been placed on waivers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100803&content_id=12968466&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

MAKE THE CLAIM JIM!!!!!

I, for one, sincerely hope that the Cubs go full-Yetibeast after Dunn this offseason.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1331 on: August 03, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 03, 2010, 06:32:30 PM

MAKE THE CLAIM JIM!!!!!

I, for one, sincerely hope that the Cubs go full-Yetibeast after Dunn this offseason.

So long as the move him to catcher, where his offense will be most valuable.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1332 on: August 03, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

MAKE THE CLAIM JIM!!!!!

I'm assuming he's on trade waivers which are revocable.  Yawn.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1333 on: August 03, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 03, 2010, 07:24:32 PM

MAKE THE CLAIM JIM!!!!!

You clearly don't understand how this works.  We need someone with numbers like his pitching.

In the abstract.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1334 on: August 05, 2010, 08:41:18 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 03, 2010, 07:24:32 PM

MAKE THE CLAIM JIM!!!!!

You IDITO, don't you know that it would be better if he was a second baseman? Just think of the Silver Slugger award. Just. Think. Plus, with R-San as manager, this dude's MVP/Gold Glove/Complete bonertastic all in one.