News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,042 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1485 on: August 10, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 10, 2010, 12:23:14 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on August 10, 2010, 12:15:26 PMI would just like to take this opportunity to say that, while I appreciate statistics as much as the next guy, some of you guys are REALLY fucking annoying when you argue stats.

You're talking about Huey, aren't you? Leave the poor guy alone. He can't even log onto Desipio correctly.

Nah.  If I was talking about Huey, I would have said YOUSE guys.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1486 on: August 23, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »
Time to start rewriting history:

QuoteLou didn't win here, and I and others have criticized many of his lineup selections, strategic choices and bullpen use. But he is the most successful Cubs manager in my lifetime, with two straight division titles and three straight winning years; he was unable to leave us with the championship we so long for.

He was 316-293 with the Cubs, so I'd say he did win here.  Trying to crap on Lou instead of, oh I don't know, blaming his boyfriend Dempster for walking the world in the playoffs is yet another good reason to Fire Al Yellon.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1487 on: August 23, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on August 23, 2010, 04:03:10 PM

QuoteLou didn't win here, and I and others have criticized many of his lineup selections, strategic choices and bullpen use. But he is the most successful Cubs manager in my lifetime, with two straight division titles and three straight winning years; he was unable to leave us with the championship we so long for.

He was 316-293 with the Cubs, so I'd say he did win here.  Trying to crap on Lou instead of, oh I don't know, blaming his boyfriend Dempster for walking the world in the playoffs is yet another good reason to Fire Al Yellon.

I'm very much in favor of Firing Al Yellon, but I think he probably has a billion more fireable offenses than pointing out, quite accurately, that Lou didn't win shit of real significance while managing the Cubs.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1488 on: August 23, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
How soon we forget.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1489 on: August 23, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 23, 2010, 04:11:40 PM

I'm very much in favor of Firing Al Yellon, but I think he probably has a billion more fireable offenses than pointing out, quite accurately, that Lou didn't win shit of real significance while managing the Cubs.

Is that Lou's fault in your view?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1490 on: August 23, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on August 23, 2010, 05:54:06 PM

I will blame him for sticking with Fukudome--and batting that fucking ballerina second for Christ's sake--in the LDS when it was clear that he couldn't hit shit, but I don't know how you could blame Lou for the fact that Mr. Rubber Fucking Chicken shit his boxers in Game 1, unless you wish to argue that Lou should have started Zambrano instead, which would be a pretty clear case of second-guessing. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1491 on: August 23, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »

He was 316-293 with the Cubs, so I'd say he did win here.  Trying to crap on Lou instead of, oh I don't know, blaming his boyfriend Dempster for walking the world in the playoffs is yet another good reason to Fire Al Yellon.

Are you asking me or Al?

I certainly don't want to speak for Al, I was just pointing out that of all the dumb shit he's said, this wasn't all that dumb.
He said Lou didn't win big, which he didn't.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1492 on: August 23, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 23, 2010, 06:41:22 PM

I will blame him for sticking with Fukudome--and batting that fucking ballerina second for Christ's sake--in the LDS when it was clear that he couldn't hit shit, but I don't know how you could blame Lou for the fact that Mr. Rubber Fucking Chicken shit his boxers in Game 1, unless you wish to argue that Lou should have started Zambrano instead, which would be a pretty clear case of second-guessing. 

We all know who you blame...a certain stubble-faced utility man with a penchant for grounding into double-plays at key moments.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1493 on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 23, 2010, 07:14:53 PM

We all know who you blame...a certain stubble-faced utility man with a penchant for grounding into double-plays and botching double plays on the other end at key moments.

Among others, yes...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1494 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 23, 2010, 08:18:41 PM
Quote from: CT III on August 23, 2010, 07:14:53 PM

We all know who you blame...a certain stubble-faced utility man with a penchant for grounding into double-plays and botching double plays on the other end at key moments.

Among others, yes...

(angerer)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1495 on: August 23, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 23, 2010, 06:59:14 PM

He was 316-293 with the Cubs, so I'd say he did win here.  Trying to crap on Lou instead of, oh I don't know, blaming his boyfriend Dempster for walking the world in the playoffs is yet another good reason to Fire Al Yellon.

Are you asking me or Al?

I certainly don't want to speak for Al, I was just pointing out that of all the dumb shit he's said, this wasn't all that dumb.

Except he didn't say that.  He said "Lou didn't win here."  Please continue trying to explain how that wasn't so dumb.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1496 on: August 23, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on August 23, 2010, 10:13:38 PM

Are you asking me or Al?

Except he didn't say that.  He said "Lou didn't win here."  Please continue trying to explain how that wasn't so dumb.

The truth is, the Cubs are so terrible this season that not even nitpicking Al Yellon is fun anymore.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1497 on: August 23, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 23, 2010, 10:27:18 PM

Are you asking me or Al?

The truth is, the Cubs are so terrible this season that not even nitpicking Al Yellon is fun anymore.

All we have to look forward to is next season's "Cubs Anal".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1498 on: August 23, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 23, 2010, 10:33:15 PM

Are you asking me or Al?

Since Lee was on the cover of the last one, how about someone who can have a bad season without hurting the team?  Like, say, Samardzija.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1499 on: August 23, 2010, 11:16:40 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 23, 2010, 10:33:15 PM

Are you asking me or Al?

Sums up my entire life as a Cub fan perfectly. In fact, the Cubs have given us all anal.