News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,068 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1500 on: August 23, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 23, 2010, 04:49:30 PM
How soon we forget.

Who's the Yeti-bait at lower right?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1501 on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 23, 2010, 11:17:03 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 23, 2010, 04:49:30 PM
How soon we forget.

Who's the Yeti-bait at lower right?

That's some kind of Steve Jobs' turtleneck tan line he's got going on there.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1502 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:30 PM »
Just happened upon this odd blog in my internet travels (which led me to finding Will Carroll's Flickr page and this pic of the man in a Mighty Power T—not pictured here: Jenn Sterger).

Curiosity piqued, I clicked over to the about page...

QuoteWe shouldn't have to explain sabermetrics to you. The fact that you're reading Praiseball Bospectus (and reading our about page, no less) suggests that you're the type of person already familiar with sabermetrics, you nerd. But this blog isn't about sabermetrics; there's an endless supply of other sites about that. This blog is instead about SABR. Not SABR, the organization, but SABR, the people.

Practitioners of sabermetrics are most commonly called sabermetricians. The writers and zombie-slave commenter army from The Book Blog are starting to use saberist as of this writing [shudder]. But at PB, we prefer the style of "Cubbie-Tim" from Bleed Cubbie Blue as seen in his mostly-incoherent questions in a wonderful back-and-forth with that man of mystery, Tom Tango.

The petty feuds, terrible analysis, back-biting, and overall super dorkiness of everyone involved makes the world of SABR hilarious and sad at the same time. As long as you like baseball stats, of course. And you're still a giant nerd.

Mostly-incoherent:

Quote6. As the SABR stat evolves almost annual (URZ for example), why do some SABR continue to use the old manner while some use the newer one, which results in SABRs having different results to the same question (so to speak, could not think of a better way to phrase this)

(N.B.: Cubbie-Tim, is also the man behind this.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1503 on: September 02, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 02, 2010, 10:20:30 PM
Just happened upon this odd blog in my internet travels (which led me to finding Will Carroll's Flickr page and this pic of the man in a Mighty Power T—not pictured here: Jenn Sterger).

QuoteWe shouldn't have to explain sabermetrics to you. The fact that you're reading Praiseball Bospectus (and reading our about page, no less) suggests that you're the type of person already familiar with sabermetrics, you nerd. But this blog isn't about sabermetrics; there's an endless supply of other sites about that. This blog is instead about SABR. Not SABR, the organization, but SABR, the people.

Practitioners of sabermetrics are most commonly called sabermetricians. The writers and zombie-slave commenter army from The Book Blog are starting to use saberist as of this writing [shudder]. But at PB, we prefer the style of "Cubbie-Tim" from Bleed Cubbie Blue as seen in his mostly-incoherent questions in a wonderful back-and-forth with that man of mystery, Tom Tango.

The petty feuds, terrible analysis, back-biting, and overall super dorkiness of everyone involved makes the world of SABR hilarious and sad at the same time. As long as you like baseball stats, of course. And you're still a giant nerd.

Mostly-incoherent:

Quote6. As the SABR stat evolves almost annual (URZ for example), why do some SABR continue to use the old manner while some use the newer one, which results in SABRs having different results to the same question (so to speak, could not think of a better way to phrase this)

The other stuff was indeed funny and sad - however, I just want to take this time to reiterate my dislike of Will Carroll. What a knob.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1504 on: September 02, 2010, 11:07:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 02, 2010, 10:48:33 PM

QuoteWe shouldn’t have to explain sabermetrics to you. The fact that you’re reading Praiseball Bospectus (and reading our about page, no less) suggests that you’re the type of person already familiar with sabermetrics, you nerd. But this blog isn’t about sabermetrics; there’s an endless supply of other sites about that. This blog is instead about SABR. Not SABR, the organization, but SABR, the people.

Practitioners of sabermetrics are most commonly called sabermetricians. The writers and zombie-slave commenter army from The Book Blog are starting to use saberist as of this writing [shudder]. But at PB, we prefer the style of “Cubbie-Tim” from Bleed Cubbie Blue as seen in his mostly-incoherent questions in a wonderful back-and-forth with that man of mystery, Tom Tango.

The petty feuds, terrible analysis, back-biting, and overall super dorkiness of everyone involved makes the world of SABR hilarious and sad at the same time. As long as you like baseball stats, of course. And you’re still a giant nerd.

Mostly-incoherent:

The other stuff was indeed funny and sad - however, I just want to take this time to reiterate my dislike of Will Carroll. What a knob.

His constant need to make sure everyone knows he's super best friends with the Sterg is amusing.  Like the kid in high school who grew up next door to the hot chick.

example
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1505 on: September 02, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 02, 2010, 11:07:47 PM

Mostly-incoherent:

His constant need to make sure everyone knows he's super best friends with the Sterg is amusing.  Like the kid in high school who grew up next door to the hot chick.

example

He managed to have Twitpic'd one pic of her three separate times.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1506 on: September 03, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 02, 2010, 11:29:00 PM

Mostly-incoherent:

example

To be fair, that is a pretty good picture.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1507 on: September 03, 2010, 08:52:35 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 03, 2010, 08:15:13 AM

Mostly-incoherent:

example

Intrepid Reader: Thrillhomo

Gross

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1508 on: September 03, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 03, 2010, 08:52:35 AM

Mostly-incoherent:

example

Intrepid Reader: Thrillhomo

Gross

Intrepid Reader Yeti:

Too old.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1509 on: September 03, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 03, 2010, 09:02:23 AM

Mostly-incoherent:

example

Intrepid Reader Thrillhomo:

Gross

Intrepid Reader Yeti:

Too old.

Intrepid Reader Bort:

Too much vag

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1510 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 03, 2010, 09:16:13 AM

Mostly-incoherent:

example

Gross

Intrepid Reader Yeti:

Too old.

Intrepid Reader Bort:

Too much vag

[tips cap]
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1511 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 03, 2010, 09:37:55 AM

Mostly-incoherent:

example

Gross

Intrepid Reader Yeti:

Too old.

Intrepid Reader Bort:

Too much vag

[tips cap]

Intrepid Reader: Wife of Will

BITCH

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1512 on: September 03, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »

Mostly-incoherent:

example

Gross

Intrepid Reader Yeti:

Too old.

Intrepid Reader Bort:

Too much vag

Yeah, but check out that sheetrock.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1513 on: September 08, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »
You know, there I was, minding my own business when somebody directed me over to Al's happy playground again, to read his tales of obnoxious Korean Churchgoers invading the bleachers.

Well, for some reason I check BCB again tonight and found this lovely thought in his preview for tonight's game:

QuoteThis is the last game of the second-longest homestand of the year; the Cubs will play 16 of their final 22 games on the road (and that would be a tough schedule for a good team; perhaps we should be grateful that these games don't mean anything),

For fuck's sake.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1514 on: September 08, 2010, 11:14:22 PM »
QuoteBarney looks REAL good in the field.
Smooth hands and good footwork, natural instincts. Looks like he can hit a little, too. He'll be a fine backup middle infielder next year.

Al's sporting a boner for Theriot 2 already.  I've been to two games (98 more to go before you can take the following seriously) and both times Barney looked like the worst defender on the field.  Screw Al and screw the Cubs' endless parade of middle infield midgets.