News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,822 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1515 on: September 09, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 08, 2010, 11:14:22 PM
QuoteBarney looks REAL good in the field.
Smooth hands and good footwork, natural instincts. Looks like he can hit a little, too. He'll be a fine backup middle infielder next year.

Al's sporting a boner for Theriot 2 already.  I've been to two games (98 more to go before you can take the following seriously) and both times Barney looked like the worst defender on the field.  Screw Al and screw the Cubs' endless parade of middle infield midgets.

I'm intrigued by his zero walks in 37 PAs. And his .324 slugging.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1516 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:45 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on September 09, 2010, 12:45:37 PM
Smooth hands and good footwork, natural instincts. Looks like he can hit a little, too. He'll be a fine backup middle infielder next year.

Al's sporting a boner for Theriot 2 already.  I've been to two games (98 more to go before you can take the following seriously) and both times Barney looked like the worst defender on the field.  Screw Al and screw the Cubs' endless parade of middle infield midgets.

Not me.  I'm only intrigued by his 54 OPS+.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1517 on: September 09, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 09, 2010, 12:46:45 PM

Al's sporting a boner for Theriot 2 already.  I've been to two games (98 more to go before you can take the following seriously) and both times Barney looked like the worst defender on the field.  Screw Al and screw the Cubs' endless parade of middle infield midgets.

Not me.  I'm only intrigued by his 54 OPS+.
Whoa, that's sub-Neifi, but still above AAron Miles. He should have a pretty long career here.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1518 on: September 09, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 09, 2010, 01:34:32 PM

Al's sporting a boner for Theriot 2 already.  I've been to two games (98 more to go before you can take the following seriously) and both times Barney looked like the worst defender on the field.  Screw Al and screw the Cubs' endless parade of middle infield midgets.

Whoa, that's sub-Neifi, but still above AAron Miles. He should have a pretty long career here.

Good.  I need someone new to hate next year.  He'll do nicely.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1519 on: September 09, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on September 09, 2010, 02:49:26 PM

I have faith that the Cubs will never stop providing us with new reasons to hate.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1520 on: September 09, 2010, 03:12:48 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 09, 2010, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on September 09, 2010, 02:49:26 PM

I have faith that the Cubs will never stop providing us with new reasons to hate.

It's gonna HAI!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1521 on: September 09, 2010, 03:42:04 PM »

I have to ask.  The "AA" in "AAron Miles."  Deliberate?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1522 on: September 09, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 09, 2010, 03:42:04 PM

[hangs head] Yes.

It dates back to a serindipitous typo I made on TMS. Back when I blogged.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1523 on: September 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 09, 2010, 03:47:31 PM

[hangs head] Yes.

Kerm knows that feeling

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1524 on: September 09, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM
Quote from: Bort on September 09, 2010, 03:47:31 PM

[hangs head] Yes.

Kerm knows that feeling

Who's Kerm?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1525 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »

I'm glad that I have absolutely no idea who you guys are talking about.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1526 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:08 AM »

See, this is why I turn to stats to analyze shit. Yellon's saying that he's a good defensive 2B. Then you say he sucks. I may have seen him play this year. May not. I don't know. I just can't remember it. However, here we have two completely contrasting viewpoints (and by the way, I trust yours more because Yellon is a dope), but the point remains that our eyes are relatively unreliable. They pretty much provide a Chuck-like confirmation bias. If you see Colvin make a couple nice throws, then one might deduce that he has an above average arm (also, statements like "he has an above average arm", I hate. What is average in this matter? And what's that based off of? Did you line up all the CFs and have them make a toss to the plate and judge it based off of that?). However,  the assumption about Colvin could be completely wrong, but because we saw a couple nice throws once, any nice throw afterwards just affirms what we thought without regard to all the shitty throws/decisions he may have made. Although defensive metrics are an inexact science, I will still trust them over a fan's opinion. They provide more of a structured control to base assessments of players.

In short, Al sucks, stats rule, tits are awesome, and I love gashes /diatribe

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1527 on: September 10, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 10, 2010, 08:41:08 AM

See, this is why I turn to stats to analyze shit. Yellon's saying that he's a good defensive 2B. Then you say he sucks. I may have seen him play this year. May not. I don't know. I just can't remember it. However, here we have two completely contrasting viewpoints (and by the way, I trust yours more because Yellon is a dope), but the point remains that our eyes are relatively unreliable. They pretty much provide a Chuck-like confirmation bias. If you see Colvin make a couple nice throws, then one might deduce that he has an above average arm (also, statements like "he has an above average arm", I hate. What is average in this matter? And what's that based off of? Did you line up all the CFs and have them make a toss to the plate and judge it based off of that?). However,  the assumption about Colvin could be completely wrong, but because we saw a couple nice throws once, any nice throw afterwards just affirms what we thought without regard to all the shitty throws/decisions he may have made. Although defensive metrics are an inexact science, I will still trust them over a fan's opinion. They provide more of a structured control to base assessments of players.

Chuck-Like Confirmation Bias is one of the most overrated punk bands of the something something loud noises era.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1528 on: September 10, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 10, 2010, 09:20:13 AM

Chuck-Like Confirmation Bias is one of the most overrated punk bands of the something something loud noises era.

Eh, they put out a pretty good EP on Forkjoke Records.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1529 on: September 10, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 10, 2010, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 10, 2010, 09:20:13 AM

Eh, they put out a pretty good EP on Forkjoke Records.

Both of these things should exist as they do in this series of witticisms.