News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,971 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1695 on: October 11, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 10, 2012, 09:37:01 PM
Hendry would have had them signed by now...

Nice choice Tom.

Rickets! (Dong alert.)
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1696 on: October 11, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
Al Smellon molests more children than dat yetti guy and Kurt Evans combined.  And he's mentally retarded.

This is all up for speculation.  No truth, that I know of, was stated in my above comments.  Please do not sue me or whoever thought any of this was true.  I didn't even type it.  My account was hacked from an IP address in Duffman Estates. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1697 on: October 11, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 11, 2012, 11:01:53 AM
Al Yellon molests more collies than dat Jim Edmonds guy.  And he's mentally retarded.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1698 on: October 11, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 11, 2012, 02:35:38 AM
What a fucking numpty.

Not sure what this means in English, but I approve anyway.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1699 on: October 11, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 11, 2012, 07:57:29 AM
Quote from: BH on October 11, 2012, 07:52:17 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 11, 2012, 07:30:57 AM
When Ervin Santana has a 73 OPS+ last year, you gotta get that guy

Ervin Santana was good before last year, isn't old and is probably worth the risk. But i'd assume he'd still be pretty expensive.

Quite.  Yetti, you're missing the point.  It's not a question of how he's going to perform, it's a question of what he will cost.  If the Cubs wanted to sign Santana in a year's time to make a proper run at 2014, I wouldn't have a problem with it per se.  Signing him - or anyone that makes more than major league minimum, frankly - for 2013, though, would be completely fucking pointless.

I have no problem with Santana, but I was just merely pointing out the fact that Al listed his (likely) ERA+ as OPS+. That must have gotten past the editor-in-chief

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1700 on: October 11, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »
Al Smellon molests more children than dat yetti guy and Kurt Evans combined.  And he's mentally retarded.

This is all up for speculation.  No truth, that I know of, was stated in my above comments.  Please do not sue me or whoever thought any of this was true.  I didn't even type it.  My account was hacked from an IP address in Duffman Estates. 

And yet, when I previously suggested that such comments were actionable...
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1701 on: October 11, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 11, 2012, 12:24:11 PM

Are you saying the truth is not a defense against libel, Kurt?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1702 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 11, 2012, 12:39:52 PM

I'm saying that there are plenty of ways to hate on someone you dislike without crossing a legal line that could cost someone their job due solely to baseless accusations. It's a good thing that there's no way to catalog all of the times folks here have said or done something libelous...
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1703 on: October 11, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 11, 2012, 12:57:45 PM

I'm saying that there are plenty of ways to hate on someone you dislike without crossing a legal line that could cost someone their job due solely to baseless accusations. It's a good thing that there's no way to catalog all of the times folks here have said or done something libelous...

Yeah, but if it's true...
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1704 on: October 11, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 11, 2012, 12:59:09 PM

Yeah, but if it's true...

I'm glad I never said or typed anything negative about anybody.  I'm just pissed that people keep logging into my account and posting things sometimes that I wholeheartedly disagree with.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1705 on: October 11, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 11, 2012, 02:35:38 AM
What a fucking numpty.

Tonk is in the clear.  One of the definitions is that it is a term of endearment.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty&defid=3540
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1706 on: October 11, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »

That's about as actionable as a box of dicks.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1707 on: October 11, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »
LOL @ teh Reds
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1708 on: October 11, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »
DUSTYBALL!
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1709 on: October 11, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »

You're not an English teacher, are you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16