News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,044 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1710 on: October 11, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 11, 2012, 02:24:51 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 11, 2012, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 11, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 11, 2012, 12:24:11 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 11, 2012, 11:01:53 AM
Al Smellon molests more children than dat yetti guy and Kurt Evans combined.  And he's mentally retarded.

This is all up for speculation.  No truth, that I know of, was stated in my above comments.  Please do not sue me or whoever thought any of this was true.  I didn't even type it.  My account was hacked from an IP address in Duffman Estates. 

And yet, when I previously suggested that such comments were actionable...

Are you saying the truth is not a defense against libel, Kurt?

I'm saying that there are plenty of ways to hate on someone you dislike without crossing a legal line that could cost someone their job due solely to baseless accusations. It's a good thing that there's no way to catalog all of the times folks here have said or done something libelous...

You're not an English teacher, are you?

Well, think about the safety issues involved.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1711 on: October 18, 2012, 01:16:20 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1712 on: October 18, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 18, 2012, 01:16:20 AM
Some Grade-A Al Yellon Brand Butthurt in the comments. He says "shit." LSA!

Specifically:

QuoteSo I'm not allowed to speculate on ANYTHING on my own site?

Maybe I should just quit, then. Would that make you happy?

Sick of this shit.

Do it! Quit!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1713 on: October 18, 2012, 09:08:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 18, 2012, 08:56:12 AM

Specifically:

Sick of this shit.

Do it! Quit!

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2012/10/17/3518572/bob-brenly-leaving-cubs-wgn-broadcast-team#122206599

Quote from: Al YellonAll right.

I've said I'd say so if I'm wrong, and I was wrong. The Cubs don't employ nor pay the broadcasters. Bob's contract was with WGN, even though he did games for CSN as well.

So I was incorrect. I will adjust the post to reflect this fact.

Quote from: jeffstorm2Gutsy Al... way to "man-up" on the subject!

GUTSY!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1714 on: October 18, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 18, 2012, 08:56:12 AM

Specifically:

Sick of this shit.

Do it! Quit!

I haven't read that, but I can only assume that this comment was followed by 100 mouth-breathers begging Al not to close up shop.

Which was, I'm sure, his intention.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1715 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »
What the hell is with that interface?  Is the text now designed for octogenarians?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1716 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »
Math is hard.

Yellon rates the chances some of the mentioned candidates to replace Brenly have on actually replacing him:

QuoteDave Campbell: Did a good job for many years on ESPN, and also filling in for Brenly. But Campbell will be 71 in January; I can't imagine WGN and the Cubs wanting to go through this process now, and then again in a very short period of time. Chance of hire: zero

Mark Grace: I know a lot of people here loved Grace as a player. If you have never heard him broadcast Diamondbacks games, consider yourself lucky. He was brutally bad. And then there are his current legal troubles, which could result in a mandatory prison sentence. It's really too bad, but Grace did this to himself. His broadcasting career is probably over. Chance of hire: zero

Todd Hollandsworth: He's improved in pregame shows, but the couple of games he did filling in for Brenly were uneven at best. Over time, he could probably do a decent job, but do the Cubs or WGN want someone with no experience in game commentary? Chance of hire: 20%

Darrin Jackson: A former Cubs player, but better known as a White Sox player and broadcaster. It's hard to tell how he'd be away from Hawk Harrelson. Chance of hire: 20%

Eric Karros: Popular due to his embracing of everything Cubs during his one season here in 2003; spent $85,000 on a full-page Chicago Tribune ad thanking fans after that season. He's very good on Fox's Saturday games and is young enough (45 next month) that he could be a partner with Len Kasper for many years to come. He's my personal choice. Chance of hire: 50%

Steve Lyons: Irreverent, has quite a bit of on-air experience. Downside: no connection to the Cubs, and some fans would be turned off by the fact that he's a former White Sox player. Chance of hire: 20%

Gary Matthews: If you've ever heard him on the air, you wouldn't want this former Cub, who was popular as a player. At 62, he might also be older than WGN or the Cubs would want. Chance of hire: 5%

Keith Moreland: Moreland's had a couple of years with Pat Hughes on WGN radio and I know some don't care for his style; personally, I think he's done all right. It takes a while to get chemistry going for a broadcast team. If they gave him the TV job, they'd have to hire someone else for radio -- I don't see them wanting to do that. Chance of hire: zero

Steve Stone: Forget the burned bridges; that was with former Cubs management. He's under contract with the White Sox and says he intends to honor it. At 65, might be older than what the Cubs want. Chance of hire: 10%

Rick Sutcliffe: Popular, but seems to enjoy his part-time ESPN gig and might not want the grind of a fulltime job. Chance of hire: 30%

Kerry Wood: Very popular. No experience. Probably doesn't want to do this job now, when he has three young children and it would require the same travel as a player does. I think Wood would rather work in baseball than broadcasting. Chance of hire: near zero

Does that put the field at -55+%? Does that mean there's a 55-plus percent chance that Len Kasper will be fired too?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1717 on: October 18, 2012, 12:36:11 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 18, 2012, 09:55:44 AM
What the hell is with that interface?  Is the text now designed for octogenarians?

ageist
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1718 on: October 18, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »
QuoteDarrin Jackson: A former Cubs player, but better known as a White Sox player and broadcaster. It's hard to tell how he'd be away from Hawk Harrelson. Chance of hire: 20%

It's not that hard to tell, just listen to a Sox game on the radio for 5 minutes and it will confirm that Jackson's every bit as lousy without Harrelson as he was with him.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1719 on: October 18, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 18, 2012, 12:07:27 PM
Steve Lyons: Irreverent, has quite a bit of on-air experience. Downside: no connection to the Cubs, and some fans would be turned off by the fact that he's a former White Sox player. Chance of hire: 20%

Does anybody seriously think that there'd be backlash to hiring someone who used to play for the White Sox?  That's so fucking retarded.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1720 on: October 18, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 18, 2012, 01:43:16 PM
QuoteDarrin Jackson: A former Cubs player, but better known as a White Sox player and broadcaster. It's hard to tell how he'd be away from Hawk Harrelson. Chance of hire: 20%

It's not that hard to tell, just listen to a Sox game on the radio for 5 minutes and it will confirm that Jackson's every bit as lousy without Harrelson as he was with him.

He's been away from Harrelson for more than a couple seasons now. What the fuck is this fuckery.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1721 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 18, 2012, 02:40:54 PM

Does anybody seriously think that there'd be backlash to hiring someone who used to play for the White Sox?  That's so fucking retarded.

Eh, I'm pretty sure there'd be some meatball backlash somewhere.  But the backlash over a Lyons hire would probably be related to his terribleness.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1722 on: October 18, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »

Quote from: Al Yellon
Rick Sutcliffe: Popular, but seems to enjoy his part-time ESPN gig and might not want the grind of a fulltime job. Chance of hire: 30%

So Al knows what people like and want? He's awesome.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1723 on: October 18, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 18, 2012, 02:50:47 PM

Eh, I'm pretty sure there'd be some meatball backlash somewhere.  But the backlash over a Lyons hire would probably be related to his terribleness.

Between 1990 and 2004--with 2000 and 2001 excepted--the Cubs color analysts for both radio and TV were both Ex-White Sox players. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1724 on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 18, 2012, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 18, 2012, 02:50:47 PM

Between 1990 and 2004--with 2000 and 2001 excepted--the Cubs color analysts for both radio and TV were both Ex-White Sox players. 

And Harry was an ex Sox announcer too.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.