News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,908 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1755 on: March 29, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »
Good evening, guys. I ambled over to the main SB Nation site this evening, and came across the following:

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/

And decided that I don't care to be involved with SB Nation anymore. I will truly miss this site - probably more than any of you realize, this has been one of the most enjoyable things I've ever had the chance to do - but I don't believe in mocking people on account of their favorite baseball team. And I'm a Cubs fan, and my wife is a Cubs fan, and we have a son who is a Cubs fan (or at least won't be a Sox or Cardinal fan if he wants list my home as his address). And I don't care to raise him to hate himself.

So, all the best, and count on the fact that I'll be supporting FC Bayern as we take home the treble this year. I'll probably be doing a lot more writing for Scott over at By Far the Greatest Team - you can read my articles at that site right here. As always, thanks for reading.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1756 on: March 29, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 29, 2013, 11:56:41 AM
Good evening, guys. I ambled over to the main SB Nation site this evening, and came across the following:

And decided that I don't care to be involved with SB Nation anymore. I will truly miss this site - probably more than any of you realize, this has been one of the most enjoyable things I've ever had the chance to do - but I don't believe in mocking people on account of their favorite baseball team. And I'm a Cubs fan, and my wife is a Cubs fan, and we have a son who is a Cubs fan (or at least won't be a Sox or Cardinal fan if he wants list my home as his address). And I don't care to raise him to hate himself.

So, all the best, and count on the fact that I'll be supporting FC Bayern as we take home the treble this year. I'll probably be doing a lot more writing for Scott over at By Far the Greatest Team - you can read my articles at that site right here. As always, thanks for reading.

Lost me on the last paragraph.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1757 on: March 30, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 29, 2013, 04:30:15 PM

http://t.co/i0cDCWd21H

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1758 on: March 30, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 30, 2013, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 29, 2013, 04:30:15 PM

http://t.co/i0cDCWd21H

...I meant he left the original references to non-Cubs things in.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1759 on: April 16, 2013, 04:08:23 PM »
TOO BIG FOR ANALYELLON

Quote...this size is way too big. It overwhelms the bleachers, as you can see; the wall in front of the bleachers is 12 feet high and the bleacher structure, at its tallest point, is maybe 30 feet higher than that. A structure like this would be as tall or taller than the left-field bleachers (although it wouldn't be as high as the center-field bleachers or existing scoreboard). Especially at night, it would completely dominate the view from the main seating bowl.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1760 on: April 16, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 16, 2013, 04:08:23 PM
TOO BIG FOR ANALYELLON

Quote...this size is way too big. It overwhelms the bleachers, as you can see; the wall in front of the bleachers is 12 feet high and the bleacher structure, at its tallest point, is maybe 30 feet higher than that. A structure like this would be as tall or taller than the left-field bleachers (although it wouldn't be as high as the center-field bleachers or existing scoreboard). Especially at night, it would completely dominate the view from the main seating bowl.

Needs something bigger.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1761 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 16, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
Quote from: morpheus on April 16, 2013, 04:08:23 PM
TOO BIG FOR ANALYELLON

Needs something bigger.

I can't really tell from this picture how big it is, TJ.  Do you have a bigger version?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1762 on: April 16, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »
I like that Yellon's entire complaint is premised on the video board looking exactly like the ridiculous mockup someone created for him.

"Look at this ridiculous piece of shit my buddy Mike cooked up for me! IT LOOKS SO RIDICULOUS!"

Then he goes on to promote the pair of video boards at Fenway as a much better alternative. Which two boards combined are probably right in the neighborhood of the 6000 square feet the Cubs have proposed.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1763 on: April 16, 2013, 04:56:50 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 16, 2013, 04:52:36 PM
I like that Yellon's entire complaint is premised on the video board looking exactly like the ridiculous mockup someone created for him.

"Look at this ridiculous piece of shit my buddy Mike cooked up for me! IT LOOKS SO RIDICULOUS!"

Then he goes on to promote the pair of video boards at Fenway as a much better alternative. Which two boards combined are probably right in the neighborhood of the 6000 square feet the Cubs have proposed.

To be fair, based on TJ's photo I have to agree that the board looks way too big.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1764 on: April 16, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »
Heh...

Quote from: digitalbenjaminI think Mike's rendering is a little bit off...

I re-did the math, and it's even worse than I feared.

Quote from: Al YellonThat's way more than 6,000 square feet.

Your image is way too large.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1765 on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 16, 2013, 04:59:29 PM
Heh...

It gets better when everyone tells Al what an idiot he is for missing the sarcasm, so he keeps e-sighing and huffing and puffing about it.

SB Nation is now a fairly substantial and valuable entity, yet they continue to let Yellon run one of their most popular properties. Surely there's a higher-up somewhere who realizes how bad Al is at this.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1766 on: April 16, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
They should put the jumbotron in front of the last row in LF.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1767 on: April 16, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 16, 2013, 06:10:10 PM
They should put the jumbotron in front of the last row in LF.

Why don't they make the whole park out of the jumbotron?

I can't believe nobody did that yet

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1768 on: April 17, 2013, 01:42:41 AM »
This thread is making me laugh heartily.  Heartily, I tell you!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1769 on: April 17, 2013, 07:52:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 16, 2013, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 16, 2013, 04:59:29 PM
Heh...

It gets better when everyone tells Al what an idiot he is for missing the sarcasm, so he keeps e-sighing and huffing and puffing about it.

SB Nation is now a fairly substantial and valuable entity, yet they continue to let Yellon run one of their most popular properties. Surely there's a higher-up somewhere who realizes how bad Al is at this.

In this pic the rooftop owners can still see the field under the new awesome sign. Everyone wins.